Beautiful Days

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Brilliant weekend indeed :D Thought I'd share a few of the photos I took...

Pop Will Eat Itself on the main stage on saturday (sadly one of the only half decent photos I got of any of the bands)

Immy with Jeremy from The Levellers :D

Yes, that is a man playing a piano on wheels :insane:

• The Jim Jones Revue absolutely blew my mind. If anyone found a pair of bollocks on the field, could they please return them to me as I lost them when they were utterly fucking rocked off.

Teddy Thompson was good and I swear Richard Thompson had snuck into the crowd incognito and was watching his kid play. Either that or there's someone in the world who looks a hell of a lot like him. Also, Zak Hobbs (Teddy's nephew/Richard's grandkid) was awesome. How much musical talent can you have in one family? :eek:

Joseph Topping was all sorts of cool. His fingerpicking/slide hybrid style was fascinating to watch, but maybe that's me being a nerd. At the end of the day, he had solid songs and a damn good voice.

Tim Minchin was funny as fuck. The Fabulous Goodtime Party Boys were on top form (and I loved their cover of a certain Fish Brothers song, totally unexpected!).

On another note, did anyone else think the video montage at the beginning of the Levellers' set went on for far too long?

• I've fallen in love with this festival.. the beautiful, friendly people everywhere, amazing surroundings, pimped mashed potato and Otter Amber ale. What a beautiful festival (hey hey) :cool:

Did anyone else shed a tear during the fireworks? Or just me...? :o Seriously, i did not want to leave! My favourite festival EVER.

Love love love.

• Great weekend, plenty of good beers and lovely sunshine and even the odd band or two, Carter were great, PWEI surprisingly good, B.A.D. wonderful, Ferocious Dog were the dogs balls and lots of other great moments too ...... was great seeing so many of you there, I kept getting assaulted by a certain Jenni and Hannah.... :D I think the silent disco till 5am and 3am on Sat and Sun was the most fun though.... I wonder why I feel tired today.... ;)

See you all next for year number 10!

On another note, did anyone else think the video montage at the beginning of the Levellers' set went on for far too long?

Didnt see it as was elsewhere when they started...... then again havn't the Levellers gone on for far too long..... :whistle:

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• I got emotional at the fireworks and didn't want to leave too. Ive been to many festivals and to beautiful days before but this was the best festival I've ever been to. The energy was amazing. Don't know what to do with myself today, feeling bereft.

• Hi still sad to be home after a week. but yes something was better this year dont know what but it just was i dont know if i met enayone on hear but probrably did and dint realise it. I even got talked into a game of table tennis . must admit i realy let my hair down this year . It is sad when its over but the next one will be upon us before we know it just got to get xmas over then its get the bus ready for next year. Thanks to all the helpers and organisers of these festivals . Danny

• it was awesome! gave lots of people pretty hair braids too yey :D

Just realised I didn't see you. Well, I did, on the Thursday, but thought "meh she's busy and I'd be interrupting and I'm sure I'll get a chance to say hi at some other point" - then didn't see you again! Sod's law :p

• Aw man this festival is awesome! Best one ever. Roll on next year. Anyone got any pic's of the led stick man? He was ace and my camera had no battery.
    Hi by the way x

• Aw man this festival is awesome! Best one ever. Roll on next year. Anyone got any pic's of the led stick man? He was ace and my camera had no battery.
    Hi by the way x

That guy is awesome, I have photos of him from the last two years but took video this time :D I'll see if I can upload it.

(edit) here ya go. There's a second video uploading now, check my other videos in five minutes and it should be there :)

Winner of "member with the most whacked out ideas about life 2011" award.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Power_13 ().

• Aw thats brilliant! Most pic's that you see folk have used their flash so you don't get the full effect. Thanks.
    Do I REALLY have to wait a whole year to go back?

• When my lottery numbers come in, I'm buying the big house they set the big top up near. You can all come and camp in the field if you want. :D

• That guy is awesome, I have photos of him from the last two years but took video this time :D I'll see if I can upload it.

(edit) here ya go. There's a second video uploading now, check my other videos in five minutes and it should be there :)

One of the blokes is a mate of mine. I only found out it was him after the festival!!

• Just realised I didn't see you. Well, I did, on the Thursday, but thought "meh she's busy and I'd be interrupting and I'm sure I'll get a chance to say hi at some other point" - then didn't see you again! Sod's law :p

thats rubbish! i was in the same spot for the whole festival, no excuses!