Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• For those of us old time UK hippy folks...Steve,beloved furry piggy of Neyni ,passed away today :(

So..RIP Steve the piggie..long time (for a guinea pig ) member of UK hippy

• alas, poor steve, we actually knew him remarkably well! :eek:

:( Poor Naeni :( He's been as much a part of here as you have :(

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• So sorry to hear this Annie. You gave him the best life that anyone could possibly give him :(

Enjoy guinea pig heaven Steve. x x x x

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Didn't we all have avatars with Steve in once upon a time? Though if memory serves, some sicko made me an avatar of my bus with a blood splattered Steve exploding under my front wheels, so maybe now is not the best time!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Didn't we all have avatars with Steve in once upon a time? Though if memory serves, some sicko made me an avatar of my bus with a blood splattered Steve exploding under my front wheels, so maybe now is not the best time!

ever tactful ;)

• some of us ( and yes it may surprise you) were a tad more gentle..I'm Steve hugging a cat..(and you thought I was throttling it too..bad hippy)

• Cheers all...

I have some cool avatars on my pc, I'd say I'd dig them out but I know I'd forget!

Hes been back to forth to the vets after he was just looking rather sad, they said he had a respiratory somethingorother and he was having 3 medicines a day, as well as injections, and since March he's had to be manually poo-ed about twice a week, although last week it's been pretty much every day with me and my partner doing it. We thought he was getting better, but yesterday he was sat in his volcano, when we picked him up he was soaking from all his snot, just pouring out..... let him run about the room for a bit but he just went in the corner facing the wall. Even Mike, whos normally nipping and pestering him, left him alone. Went in this morning and it was very odd, he was lying against the bars really heavily, and mike was lying outside (very strange for both the igloo and volcano to be unoccupied, theres normally fights over them) Picked him up and he was all floppy and non moving, cept for the odd twitch of his neck, so put him in bed with us to keep him warm and gave him lots of smooths til his eyes closed. My Phil's a big viking of a man and even he was crying this morning. I had to shoot off to work :( so we buried him when I got back, at the bottom of the garden. Mikes super sad and moping now, so I've contacted a Cardiff rescue and waiting to hear back.

It feels very bizarre, "he's only a guinea pig".. the pair of them have been like weird hairy children I've carted all over the UK but i feel like i had the bugger forever, and he was more than a guinea pig... he was a very odd creature :)

All the folk that she forgot sing and dance and watch her rot! Homeless, hopeless, poor and ill, come and drink your fill. "No such thing as society?’ No such thing as Maggie....!

• RIP steve death brings a heart ace no one can heal love leaves a memory no one can heal didnt people once put captions to what he was saying/thinking

• Oh no! i've been reading his progress on the nma forum, you really did everything possible to help the little guy. So sorry for your loss, they may only be little dudes but they leave a big hole in your heart xx

We come with justice and fire. We come with honour and ideas. We come with decency and desire. We come now and we come as unstoppable as the rain

• Cheers all.

All the folk that she forgot sing and dance and watch her rot! Homeless, hopeless, poor and ill, come and drink your fill. "No such thing as society?’ No such thing as Maggie....!

• Post by CrazyFlowerchild ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.