Glastonbury 2011...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• glastonbury c n d festival 1981 havent been back in 30 years. must get out more. latitude festival in suffolk is good very much as glasto was in the late 70 s early 80s only about 30.000 thou people,glsto is to big today.

• Jealously rising..... injury stopping me this year, can't handle the wellies... that isnt the joke it sounds like... Will just have to rely on the blogs, the coverage and the lovely pics on here I guess.

• I'm going again. :)

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• Still trying to work out how early I have to get on site to sneak in a caravan to the crew area.

what area? , im in crew area but sadly in a tent.
    Not a lot i want to see atm so a good chilled glasto for me and time to find new music.

• We're in Tom's Field and we not really supposed to have a caravan on there (although other people seem to get away with it). Until last year, we were always crewing at Croissant Neuf, so there was never any problem with the caravan there. The only difficulty we had in the Green Fields was trying to avoid putting the car in the car par, so we had to procrastinate until there were enough tents and caravans and domes etc. so that the car was blocked in and we couldn't move it!

• We're in Tom's Field and we not really supposed to have a caravan on there (although other people seem to get away with it). Until last year, we were always crewing at Croissant Neuf, so there was never any problem with the caravan there. The only difficulty we had in the Green Fields was trying to avoid putting the car in the car par, so we had to procrastinate until there were enough tents and caravans and domes etc. so that the car was blocked in and we couldn't move it!

well good luck ,im sure your be ok.

You'll probably know a few old friends of mine then, Sally, Andy, Tim Basta', Jim R', Mary Rose G.

Did you work on Janes crew at the gate many years ago?

No, two years back was my first Glasto since 82, I travelled with most of them back in the eighties and kept in touch. Sally and Jim were in the same troupe/circus and Tim B spent a fair bit of time at the same places in France. If Giz and I do go, we'll probably be camped up with the Kidz Field workers.

• I was pre-warned to expect a City, but sheesh yes, it was mind boggling at first. Luckily on the east side of the site there's a bit more space, with the accoustic field, circus field etc, all the way down to the Craft field. I usually avoided the jam packed areas. In 82 we had the bus only 200 yards in front of the main stage, off to one side. No chance of that now.

• Hello all. I'm a total noob on here but I thought I would come and see who from this forum is gan to Glasto'. I'm a performer/enetertainer on the Kidz Field and will be travelling to Avebury or Stonehenge for Solstice (can't decide yet) and then on to Glasto the next day. Anyone doing anything for solstice?

• This is my second, last year being my first. This year we're bringing the wee man. He's really wee though so he'll either be in a sling or maybe in a cart. We'll have to see which is easier. It is like a city really, but a nice musical tenty city :D

Through violence you may solve one problem, but you will sow the seeds for another...

• We've been onsite this afternoon, taking the caravan down. We sat in Undleground drinking tea with our mates,it was lovely. I met my daughter on the gate just as we arrived and we drove around the site to have a look at all the work going on. We've come home now and will be going back to stay on Saturday.

My OH and I met at Glastonbury, so the Saturday night of the festival is our "anniversay". It will be 12 years ago this year.

• Don't forget to check out Me in the Horn Dog Brass band at the Arcadia at 3am all weekend! also likely to be making noise up the stone circle with orchestra del sol