The Levellers AND The Wonder Stuff?? Anyone going?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ye Gods, just went onto SeeTickets to get tickets to the Levs gig at Northampton & saw they've got a tour next March w/The Wonder Stuff, & one gig playing Levelling the Land Live....fuck me. I know it's a little early but anyone as eager as me to go?? ^.^ Methinks I'll Probably try to get to the Notts one, not too far from here....

• Ye Gods, just went onto SeeTickets to get tickets to the Levs gig at Northampton & saw they've got a tour next March w/The Wonder Stuff, & one gig playing Levelling the Land Live....fuck me. I know it's a little early but anyone as eager as me to go?? ^.^ Methinks I'll Probably try to get to the Notts one, not too far from here....

wow, yeah i should think we will!!!
    what venue in northampton?

Yes indeed - will be taking a look-see at that - well spotted :thumbup:

• Yes indeed - will be taking a look-see at that - well spotted :thumbup:

Have just taken a look at Rock City's site to confirm The Wonder Stuff will be playing with the Levellers there too and they are!

The Levellers
    + The Wonder Stuff
    Saturday 12th March 2011
    http://www.rock-city.co.uk/new_site/gigs.htm

Woohoo - I'm there!:happydanc

• :violin:To bring this thread back to life, I've got a ticket for Rock City!!! :cheer:

"If I could choose the life I please then I would be a boatman, on the canals and the rivers free no hasty words are spoken.. My only law is the river breeze that takes me to the open seas.. If i could choose the life I please then I would be a boatman"
    :monster::hippy3::broc:

• If I could choose the life I please then I would be a freeman.

bloody hell,I didnt know simon leveller was still kicking around. I actually went to see them play in a park in nottingham,I guess at the end of the eighties,or soon after.
    My back has never been the same since jigging to the devil came down from giorgia.

I sure it will be a fun gig.whoever goes,have a dance for me,and tell simon fly says hello(will probably say,fly who)

• we saw them in bristol as well ,what a great night and what a sing along it was dont know who one levs of crowd ,the stuffies were great as well,anyone going is in for one hell of a night

• "If I could choose the life I please then I would be a boatman, on the canals and the rivers free no hasty words are spoken.. My only law is the river breeze that takes me to the open seas.. If i could choose the life I please then I would be a boatman"
    :monster::hippy3::broc:

my fav levellers track and lyrics ever.....

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• I saw them on Saturday night at Rock City - Oh my! And I can hardly move today, arms covered in bruises and it hurts to laugh.. am out of gig-practice! What a truly amazing night though... Going to try and get tickets for Beautiful Days.. anyone been?