How do you feel right now? (Part Two!)

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• me too steve
    this back pain is driving me mad wakes me up every night at stupid oclock
    just had to try and roll out of bed to get pain killers and pain gel
    without waking steve its hard work when you feel like screaming
    hope your ok steve

• Another early riser here..................rarely sleep all that much past 6 in the morning............usually lay there until the first train to Exeter rolls into the station and then get up ..........right hip still a bit achey after yesterdays beach clean..........own fault climbing over the little cement pier thingy............can't remember the proper name for it

• In pain. Not as much as last week though now that the antibiotics have taken hold. Gotta have one of my teeth removed later this week cos of a root canal infection:panic:It's not my idea of a birthday pressie but if it stops this pain that has been on/off for years then so be it. Good thing that the cake is the day before the dentist gets the pliers out. Still bloomin' scared tho.

• Worried about my cat. He had a heart scan and x-ray today which showed his arteries are narrowed and he has fluid in his lungs. The vets put him on meds but doesn't stop me worrying.......................especially as he's really not great after the sedation :(

• Worried about my cat. He had a heart scan and x-ray today which showed his arteries are narrowed and he has fluid in his lungs. The vets put him on meds but doesn't stop me worrying.......................especially as he's really not great after the sedation :(

Aww poor boy hopefully the meds will kick in soon and the fluid will clear. Lemme know if you need anything x

• Cold and tired and a little surprises.
    My daughter, who is in her 2nd yr of A levels and has been planning on doing law at uni for *forever* has just announced she plans to audition for London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
    Well go George! Good luck to her I say!
    Funny how things change eh?

• You know, every now and then I feel so low, so empty, so flat, in so much hideous pain & then I realize, I need to change the fentanyl patch on my back. :rolleyes: What is actually happening to me is, I'm dropping into total drug detox and have been doing so for the last 12 hours. :whistle: Grabs emergency pain relief, smashes glass, sucks out juice, bangs it up! :D The world or should I say, My body, isn't such a bad place after all. :) Note to self, get a diary and mark down when you need to next take your meds. :wall:

• You know, every now and then I feel so low, so empty, so flat, in so much hideous pain & then I realize, I need to change the fentanyl patch on my back. :rolleyes: What is actually happening to me is, I'm dropping into total drug detox and have been doing so for the last 12 hours. :whistle: Grabs emergency pain relief, smashes glass, sucks out juice, bangs it up! :D The world or should I say, My body, isn't such a bad place after all. :) Note to self, get a diary and mark down when you need to next take your meds. :wall:

We have a diary for Rens patches and we still forget. :p

They are such a worry, you never know peace. The only thing I can say that has always set me marvelling is the combination of cats' ability to recover completely from the most dire problems, and the seemingly more advanced state of small animal medicine when compared to human stuff.
    Perhaps his arteries are only a little bit smaller, and when the meds have cleared his lungs he'll be back to doing his thang and looking at you quizzically when he can see you mysteriously relieved. Sort of "Cheer up mum, I feel great!". Very strong wishes for a happy resolution very soon Daisy.

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.

• I am busy trying to sort out the legalities of getting over to the uk with my french dog for a couple of weeks around solstice time (didnt mention the c word),and it may well take upto the last few days before the ferry I want to catch,before knowing whether or not it will happen. So,I am feeling quite excited about seeing my mum for the first time in a couple of years,feeling quite anxious about the french beurocratic system delivering in time,and am not looking forward to british traffic,however,apart from that,damn I feel good being me :D

Love to you all

Fly xx

• If you`s are coming through Gloucestershire call in for a cuppa :D

I feel great after spending the morning outside stacking all my wood for the winter and pruning back the garden. I really should have been a hairdresser :)

• If you`s are coming through Gloucestershire call in for a cuppa :D

I feel great after spending the morning outside stacking all my wood for the winter and pruning back the garden. I really should have been a hairdresser :)

Hi Emma,and thank you kindly.

I will be passing by that part of the world in the wee hours of the morning as my chosen boat will be getting into poole at 10pm and I will be heading down the A40 for west wales rather than the dreaded M4,as I hate motorways. If you can email me your exact whereabouts on gerdweller@hotmail.co.uk,I will try and call by on my way back to the boat on the 29TH. I will off course be expecting a good cup of hippy tea and vegaterian nibbles :whistle:

Would be lovely to meet you if logistics allow it :D

Love and thanks

fly xx

• Yer pushing it with nibbles!! Am sure i can rustle up a ginger nut or two though :D

• They are such a worry, you never know peace. The only thing I can say that has always set me marvelling is the combination of cats' ability to recover completely from the most dire problems, and the seemingly more advanced state of small animal medicine when compared to human stuff.
    Perhaps his arteries are only a little bit smaller, and when the meds have cleared his lungs he'll be back to doing his thang and looking at you quizzically when he can see you mysteriously relieved. Sort of "Cheer up mum, I feel great!". Very strong wishes for a happy resolution very soon Daisy.

Thank you :) He's much better now and ripping me apart every time I'm giving him his tablets :rolleyes: I've tried hiding them in cheese (he didn't fall for it at all) and crushing them and mixing in with his food (he refused to eat and gave me a hard stare). I shall try tuna when I've been shopping but I don't hold out much hope. I shall also be stocking up on plasters.

• Calmer. Must be the codeine :)

Some people say they aren't human till they've had their first cup of tea, coffee, or a cigarette in the morning, but I feel the same about my lovely dihydrocodeine tablets. If only the scientists could find a way of hard-wiring our brains to replicate that effect! Imagine what a friendly world we'd be living in! One day...

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is meant to be serious.