How do you feel right now? (Part Two!)

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Wandering what the hell I have done to my knees to be in this much pain.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Nah, they hurt loads before that!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I feel awful. I want to know what is going on that so many people have so much shit going on ATM.
    I don't think I have been this far down in about 8 years. Please, let this be the bottom.

• I feel nervous about my exam tomorrow, I've done as much revision as I can and i think i know a lot of it, but then i have a brain fart and my mind's a blank! I hope that doesn't happen in the exam itself, i need a first in this!!

----------------------
    "People who give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Benjamin Franklin
    ----------------------

• I feel nervous about my exam tomorrow, I've done as much revision as I can and i think i know a lot of it, but then i have a brain fart and my mind's a blank! I hope that doesn't happen in the exam itself, i need a first in this!!

No, farting in an exam would be very bad ;)
    Take a little time to chill before tomorrow, and good luck x

• Haha it would, and I cooked myself a curry tonight! My exam is at 9 so haven't got much time to relax beforehand, luckily i get up quite early so I might have a chance for a quick last once over!

----------------------
    "People who give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Benjamin Franklin
    ----------------------

• I have never felt this before... intense relief; but still quite nervous.

On Friday night my daughter sustained quite a serious brain injury; she was being a twit climbing on her bunk beds her friend was an evedn bigger twit for pushing her. My daughter sustained a occipital skull fracture and contusions to her frontal lobe.. basically she knocked the back of her head so badly it caused the front of her brain to bash into her skull. Her Ob's were so bad on Friday night that I almost lost her. Luckily she was put into pediatric intensive care very quickly and was stabalised that night. We were transferred to Kings College Hospital on Saturday morning; I was told then that a cyst has been found on my girls brain; the cyst has been there since birth but as a result of falling it now has blood and fluid in it. The girl was not eating, barely awake for 48 hours; she just shut down... was very cold and hostile towards every-one. On Sunday I thought I had lost my beautiful, happy, caring child forever... and was totally devastated.

On Monday a really close family friend came to visit; and told me to go and have a break. So I went for a walk round Denmark Hill park... dreading going back. But when I did I was greeted by an awake, happy girl who was doing some school work and EATING!!!! On Tuesday she had an MRI scan and we were told she was able to come home... BUT as a result of having this cyst my daughter has to have very regular check up's as she is still at risk of suffering a haemorrhage....

So yes that's how I feel right now... very very relieved but still quite scared!

• I feel numb - I think I have gone into meltdown :(
    Recent months' events and the prospect of the next month or so have just knocked me clean on my arse, so I am going to stay here for a bit.
    I haven't really spoken since about 6 last night - my head is so full that I have somehow blocked it all and I have nothing to say.
    I don't know what to do next.
    Am seriously considering trying to get a flat and going back to real life :(

• Anj :hug: x x x
    Abby :hug: x x x
    I feel sick with nerves and excitement, just got this afternoon's verification interview (to check we not inventing children lol) and then will get the final "yes it's yours" :panic: :faint: :bounce:
    Feeling overwhelmed with paint charts and laminate prices and thinking about where to put pictures and he's bein manly n sensible n won't dircuss lampshade colours til we got the keys :shrug: :rolleyes: :lol:

• Sarah - :)
    The process seems so very different from ten years ago when I got a 'council' (I know it's not council any more) property!
    I had to wait weeks between being awarded the place then getting the keys!
    It's so exciting, moving somewhere new, making it yours and stuff, settling in.
    I really am so pleased for you all babe xxx
    (For the record I wish now, today, that I had kept mine on instead of taking on the mortgage, and my kids still miss that house even though we were only there a couple of years)

• Bloody hell Tekno, I know it's been traumatic, but could the cyst have caused problems if it had not been found? I'm just thinking there may be a silver lining to that big, black cloud. I'm so happy she's better now, I don't know what I would have done if it was one of mine. You're a very strong person to hold it together through all of that!

Groove: Anything I can do to help? PM me if you need owt xxx