9th Oct :: KANYINI :: Psy Allnighter BIRMINGHAM

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• This time for your psychedelic pleasures

THe 4th KANYINI party and this time down in the cellar we have cutting edge psychedelic trance / goa sounds from :

Bez23 (Kulu, Peak records ) - a familiar face on the northern psy scene but he plays nationwide you might've caught sets from him Wickerman to the Glade he has a knack of turning up everywhere. in recent years he has become the dance dj of choice of hoary old space rockers Hawkwind and hes played at a few ...of their events Hawkfest & their psychedelic sundae that was held in Lemington spa. http://www.myspace.com/bez23dorje

Jon Kenobi (Psyneumatix records) - living in the midlands but the UK face of Australian Psy label Psyneumatix, his release 'it's about time' is still available in shops http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ppn/ppn1cd003.html he's had a little time of from djing but will be back to show us what's what.
    http://www.myspace.com/jon_kenobi

Boris (Toadstool , Tribe of frog)

CosmoNaughty

And this time upstairs we have our prog bar which will feature DJ's :
    STARGATE
    DAVE HEASMAN
    LOBBY

this all takes place at Unplug, digbeth high street, Birmingham , B5 6DY

admission £8 on the door or you can buy advance tickets from :
    www.theticketsellers.co.uk (search for kanyini psy allnighter.)

10pm - 5am

great little underground venue. across the road from Birminghams national express station, next door to the institute venue.

• Looking forward to it -58 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes and 14 seconds to go :D

• wow it sounds ages off if you put it like that. you will probally see stickers around brum to remind you anyway. I haven't bothered getting any flyers done this time, there's just nowhere to put them nowadays, and the few places that there are people into psy trance don't go anyway so this time I've got 2000 stickers printed and I'm going to just cover all the city centre and suburbs all those little places between a and z

• it's one of those weeks f'sure my overhead projector blew up the other day half way through painting a backdrop, I'm outta work and summers ending I'm really looking forward to this Kanyini night just to catch up with friends.

• who'd be a promoter I've had a week of Birmingham city council threatening to send me a bill to clean up after my sticker campaighn (so that's why other people don't get stickers printed to publicise their night), and some A-hole keeps pulling down all the posters I put in shops. trying times but we still have the upper hand we have the spirit of psy trance.

• dispite some tribulations and general Brummie apathy we head off towards the party next weeked , expect mindwarping but groovy green and purple psychedelic trance grooves in the cellar and alien funk up in the bar.

• Running order for the night goes , down in our subterranien psychedelic cellar

10:00 - 11:30 COsmoNaughty
    11:30 - 1:30 Boris (Toadstool, Tribe of frog)
    1:30 - 3:30 Bez23 (Kulu , Peak records)
    3:30 - 5:00 JOn Kenobi (psyneumatix records)

meanwhile up in the prog bar :
    10:30 - 12:30 Dave Heasman
    12:30 - 2:30 Stargate
    2:30 - 4:30 Lobby