Is your job perfect?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I know this is a bit random, but does anyone out there have the perfect job to fit in with their lifestlye/ideals? Mine doesn't (yet, I'm retraining as a holistic therpist so hopefully soon!), but I'm just interested in how people make it work.

• I wouldn't use the word perfect, I enjoy my job daily, it is what I want to do, I look forward to working each day, it's four days a week with an 8 to 3.30 working day, Friday, Saturday, Sunday off and it pays the bill's with fairly reasonable living expenses.....

• I wouldn't use the word perfect, I enjoy my job daily, it is what I want to do, I look forward to working each day, it's four days a week with an 8 to 3.30 working day, Friday, Saturday, Sunday off and it pays the bill's with fairly reasonable living expenses.....

:ditto: - I've worked there for 33 years so the place must have something going for it.

Except my day's 7.00 to 3.30 and 7 to 12 on Fridays.........:insane:

• yes! i retrained as a therapist , qualifying 11 years ago leaving a career in pr in live music production so that my life would be more balalnced. i worked with the nhs until 2 years ago, now i work in the 3rd sector.

• Nah not really, I work as an accountant. But the pay is good and I get left to do my own thing and work from home a lot. So it's ok.

I did just start (home study) an anatomy and physiology diploma so I can study for a massage and aromatherapy diploma once I am done. But between my job and kids I hardly ever get a chance to study! I have two years to complete it though so hoping to catch up once my youngest is a little older (19 months now, hopefully a little easier once he is about 2yrs) x

• I believe i have the perfect job for me. I live in a motor home whilst traveling around the UK and Europe. I live by the statement "If i can make one person smile every day, my life in this reality is justified" I also love working with computers, electronics/toys and I enjoy building crazy shit. I thrive on spending time with creative and "switched on" beings. I love living hard and fast and to the fullest.

My job..... I'm a Roadie.

To be more specific I'm a video engineer and specialize in large scale LED screens. I spend most of my time touring with bands, doing concerts and festivals. I also work on a few big sporting and corporate events. From time to time i get to do a bit of film and television work as well.

Because of the nature of the job i get to travel all over the world so it doesn't matter where (or how) i live. I get to be part of a group of people that make thousands of people smile at a time and I get to play with some of the coolest technology around!! I also absolutely love the environments and the crazy creative people i get to work with.

For me, this is the ultimate job. My wife say that i don't actually have a job, i have a hobby that people give me money for. Been doing it for 15 years now and still absolutely love it!

I usually only work for about 7 or 8 months of the year and get to keep 4 or five months for myself to spend as i choose, with my wife and friends.

How can i not love a job that allows me to hang out with rock bands and gives me 5 months holiday every year?

The money isn't bad either...

• Not sure if there is such a thing called a perfect job, I have the best job in the world in my opinion, I work as an Activity Instructor. This entails living in wales, lake district, south of france, italy etc. I teach kids mountain climbing, rock climbing, abseling, canoeing, kayaking, bushcraft skills, archery, fencing, gorge scrambling, caving, sailing, dragon boating etc. Its a great job because you get to work with kids, you live in the most amazing areas while working with mountains, forests, lakes etc. You can also do cool outdoor stuff during work and on your own time (like the stuff i mentioned earlier)....

Of course the living situation and pay sucks on the flip side, pay is really bad, you can not raise a family if you wanted while working for these companies (because you usually live on the centre), long working hours etc.

So yeah not all jobs are perfect in one way or another......

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

The post was edited 1 time, last by moonpup ().