pop-up tent

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• does anyone have an old pop-up tent they no longer use and don't want?

i stopped using them ages ago coz they annoyed me, but it suddenly occurred to me that with my energy levels like they are that a pop-up would be perfect, coz i always have to find someone to help me otherwise.

so yeah, any tent that pops up on it's own would be more than appreciated!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I saw some in Milletts today for £15
    And I bought a nice camo one in Sainsburys for £30 for stealthy surf missions in the dunes.

• ooh, camo sounds good! is it single or double skin?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• unfortunately single but thick. Used one recently and was so impressed by it. Yes there was condensation, but not mich more than my really good and stupidly expensive Tera Nova double skin.
    They have plenty of vents... Which I didn't see cos I pitched it in the dark :-)

Its a Gilert Quickpitch SS. Got a good strong groundsheet too.
    They will prob have them in Marsh Mills Sainsburys just outside plymouth. Mine came from Torquay and I've seen them in Newquay

• Khyam do an easy up tents and you don't have to take the inside's out whan you pack them away , there the only tent i'll have when i'm out on the bike's but thery don't pack very small so to big for hiking

• How easy is 'easy up' ?

out the bag lift the middle and then click the legs out , I can do it in a min and have a can of beer before my friends get there tents up

• Pop up tents maybe very easy to put up, but in my experience putting them away again is a bit of a wrestling match, so what you gain in energy saving at the beginning you lose in the putting away.

I was part of a double act on sunday doing this very thing . . . it did at least put some smiles on spectators faces

• i'm still working on it. i was more hoping to blag one off someone who wasn't using one any more, but if that fails and i have to buy one then i'll let you know. :)

• However I do know that Stardust has the knack of putting these things down, or at least she used to!!!!

this is correct. i can put down every make of pop-up tent in seconds and not use any energy, which is why i thought that it might be a good idea for me to have one! :D

• they aint hard to put away at all, it's just a knack. A swift circular motion... 2 secs, literally ;-) Yeh I have one you could have yet alas we're oooop nooorf but if we're en'route to anywhere ya going pop in for it plus feed n booze (goes without saying) Otherwise, lot a love anyways :) xxx

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• oooh, fankee! :D

am not likely to be heading norf any time soon, but there's a northern gathering in a few weeks so perhaps it could get picked up then. are you going to the northern gathering?

is it single or double skin?

• as matt says we still have both the ones you gave us.. they dont get used much... if at all.. and rumour has it that we are going to be seein you and my saucepan in the not too distant.. we could have a tent inspection party.. :hug:

• oooh, that would be cool, thank you! i felt rude asking for it back, but the red one would be pretty perfect! if i recall correctly, it needs a new zip, which shouldn't be a big deal, then i can give it back it to you once i'm well enough to do vans and buses again! :D

• i think i can manage that! :D

until further notice i think this thread can be shut now!

fankee!