19 / 06 /10 KANYINI PSY TRANCE, BIRMINGHAM

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• KANYINI is an allnight event of Psychedelic trance / goa sounds the only dedicated club playing this music in the West MIdlands. The June one is our summer Solstice warm up and is also a kind of after party for psy trance heads after the Saturday of Leamington Spa peace festival (Leamington Spa is 19 miles away from our venue, but that's only 30 minutes by train between Lem Spa and Birmingham Moor street station, the festival wraps up at 9pm if you've got a party hat on come on up and party with us all night)

This time we have djing down in the cellar :

LORRAINE (PSILOCYBTRIBE , SUNRISE
    - LEEDS)
    A well known face on the Northern Psychedelic scene she is playing a clutch of uk festivals this summer including Bearded Theory, Alchemy and NOt Thimbleberry.

COSMONAUGHTY

CAPTAIN KEVMAN (Sporophore)

STARGATE

10pm until 5am £8 on the door or you can buy advance tickets from the ticketsellers here http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/ just search for Kanyini on that site.

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS NIGHT PASS ON THE INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED. Thanks.

• I CosmoNaughty am also playing NOzstock festival 9th - 11th July in the Tribe of frog 'Coppice' psychedelic trance area, it's in Bromyard Worcestershire which is not so far away from Birmingham

• Cheers for your support Strudders, this one is the third Kanyini and they've been slowly gaining momentum, we might not have had the biggest crowds so far but people have enjoyed our nights. we've had comments off people afterwards saying thinks like that the spirit is like the early days of the psy scene or it felt like a good house party, this is down mainly to the very cool happy smiley crowd we attract. I'm hoping this time with a bit Solstice weekend energy this one will be very busy. there's no better time to come and dance to some psy with your local hippies.

• yeah i was at the first one and it was amazing......... sometimes it is not about mass numbers but the vibe.....

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• DOH - just missed it. :curse: I've been out of the psy scene for a while but would have gone to this because its so local for me. I don't seem to see much psy stuff in brum.

Hope it went really well and you're planning another...:D

• DOH - just missed it. :curse: I've been out of the psy scene for a while but would have gone to this because its so local for me. I don't seem to see much psy stuff in brum.

Hope it went really well and you're planning another...:D

We are the only club night in the West midlands, next one now is not until October 9th. I know this seems like a long way off but it really is commercial suicide to put on psy events in the summer, our crowd would rather be in fields, talking of which the next psy event close to brum is at Nozstock festival http://www.nozstockfestival.co.uk/ it's a general music festival with all kinds of music, but Bristols Tribe of frog will be running a psychedelic trance area over the weekend. (my spot is Midday until 3pm) on the saturday afternoon. it's probally the uk festival with the latest license the T.O.F. area runs through til 5 am on the saturday.

back on the subject of Kanyini it has been a struggle organising a psy trance event in Birmingham, I city that just doesn't seem to know that genre of dance music exists. But the tribe has been growing all the time and we have a truely great vibe at our nights. the best way to find out about future parties is join us on facebook and we'll send you invites.

• Hey guys - I was told that there was a Psytrance night regularly being held in Birmingham and after a bit of searching have found you :)

Totally agree with whoever said it is a city that knows nothing / cares nothing about the genre, but rest assured there is a fairly decent sized Psy Following - the problem is that there has been nothing in Birmingham that is dedicated to Psy for certainly as long as I have been clubbing!

I really do hope you guys can manage to keep it afloat as there is absolutely no solid representation for this genre apart from a few miscreants (like myself) trying to slot in the occasional harder psy set into a hard dance night to try and start making people aware of it!

The Birmingham club scene is basically on its arse at the moment, so smaller nights at smaller venues seem to be working well! I do hope it all works out - can recommend some local Psy DJ's which might help pull in a few more people :)

• This is quite wierd I put up this thread and I was basically talking to myself after the event lots of people are getting chatty about psy trance in Birmingham.

Please sugest any Brum psy trance dj's you know.

• We are the only club night in the West midlands, next one now is not until October 9th. ... back on the subject of Kanyini it has been a struggle organising a psy trance event in Birmingham, I city that just doesn't seem to know that genre of dance music exists. But the tribe has been growing all the time and we have a truely great vibe at our nights. the best way to find out about future parties is join us on facebook and we'll send you invites.

I'm not on Facebook, but I can keep an eye on your page and UKhippy for the Oct 9th gig. Btw, my name is random and not ELO related. I really like the Yeti albums and Shpongle (although I thought their last album wasn't as good as their previous ones - oops, off topic :whistle:)

Although not originally from brum, I've been here long enough on-and-off over the years to know that anything non-mainstream seems to not be so popular here compared to other cities. Oh well...:shrug:

Oh, btw, I've just discovered you can't send PM's unless you have 8 or more posts :eek: (This is number 2.)

• I remember the Spacehopper gigs at the Que Club - happy days.

I'm not hugely into psy trance these days - all a bit too mad and banging for my liking - I prefer deep house - much more subversive and laid back. That said, I know a few people who go to London for their fix of psy-trance so I'll try to remember (ha) to keep an eye out for the October gig and spread the word.