Scary happenings at our gaff last night

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• At about 5 this morning I woke up to the sound of what sounded like a child bolting up and down our hallway. It took me a minute to come round. I reached down the side of my bed for my pet crowbar and then I heard it trip on the cables outside mine and Anisas' room that we put there yesterday evening (We now all have internet properly - yay!). I then heard the most horrific blood curdling pacnicked scream I have heard in my life - it sounded like a cross between a pig squeeling and the noise that those raptor things make on Jurassic Park. It then ran screaming down the hallway towards Christians room and bolted back past my door and through (Literally) the locked back door leaving the glass rattling.

It woke everybody in the house - this wasn't just me. What the fuck was it???????? Scared the shit out of the lot of us.

Never been a massive believer in ghosts etc. but something that can get caught in wires yet still pass through closed doors didn't want us to say hello this morning.

The hair on the back of my neck is still on end :eek:

• jeeez - the hair on my neck is standing up just from reading it!!

i have heard people say that you can reason with spirits and ask them to leave, but never having been a great one for believing that sort of thing myself, i wouldn't have a clue if that would work or not. i'm guessing not!

good luck to you though! i wouldn't be able to sleep any more after that!!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• If it sounded like a child why were you gonna hit it with a crow bar lol?

It could be loads of things - google your house to see if anyone has died!! Ask around - it might have something to do with the date and time and the spirt might be 'trapped' - which if he/she is then you should set them free - I kinda feel bad for them if they are.

Bloody scarey though

• burn some sage...that helps cleanse a house...shame i didnt live nearer...i could come over and do a ritual banishing for you;)

• Quote from wiggy

It could be loads of things - google your house to see if anyone has died!!

Two murders and a couple of beheadings that I know of off the top of my head - Its got a lot of history. It even had a program made about it being haunted - was all about crying babies etc. though. Never heard/seen anything ourselves before now though.

This sounded like something somewhat more evil than a baby etc. anyway. I wonder if its some sort of imp or demon? Could I keep it as a pet if I catch it? :reddevil:

• you could buy the haunted teddy off ebay and they could make friends?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Quote from wiggy

Interesting - I dont know how you sleep - I wou ld be shitting myself all the time lol

The current (Living / rent paying) residents such as myself are the scariest things in the house lol. You should see my dirty washing pile!!!

• hold a seance...see what happens...but...remember what happened in The Exorcist;)
    the pagans and christians on this forum could then get together a task force to come up and save you:D

• Quote from scarlettdee

hold a seance...see what happens...but...remember what happened in The Exorcist;)
    the pagans and christians on this forum could then get together a task force to come up and save you:D

:madlol:

Think I'll stick to the cro bar.

• do you think a crow bar would actually hurt a ghost though? i reakon it wouldnt do much damge!

• Quote from miszt

sounds like a fox, they can make very human scream like sounds

T'was we put it down to. Its only the fact that whatever it was got all caught up in our router and associated cables (Which are in the house) that properly scupper the idea and the fact that a fox wouldn't weigh enough to make the 7 year old kid running around sounding footsteps.

• Quote from scarlettdee

i've told you before..stop locking live people up in your cellar...drug em first it stops the screams:whistle:

I've taken to burying them now - wasn't one of my victims/luvvers :eek:

• I've got space to let in my sex dungeon now if you want to make use of it?

Not got much of a view to the outside world but its soundproof and the torture pit is unescapable :reddevil:

• I've lived in places like that before, it can be pretty scary ... usually my advice is ignore it unless it starts causing you any real problems, then get someone to come over and see it off for you.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Play some loud gabba, If it died agas ago it should find it absolutely horrible and it will be out of your house in no time.

Works perfect with my housemates:D

• Quote from schizomorph

Play some loud gabba, If it died agas ago it should find it absolutely horrible and it will be out of your house in no time.

Works perfect with my housemates:D

:madlol: We do occasionally. Maybe thats what its attracted to?

• it sounds like its not a real problem....in fact exciting even!
    I used to get paid for a living to sort this kind of thing out so if the people in the house are really freaked & want to understand more then i would be happy to help it out in exchange for fuel up there & a night out...;)

• Sounds wild ... and also sounds like you have a spirit...if there is no other explanation and you live in such an old place then sounds like it.... If it continues to worry/bother/frighten you ,and you want to help it...then try to get some one that knows what they are doing, and open a circle and let the spirit go through to the light...sounds like they are trapped in between worlds. But be careful to close the circle after, and ground yourself too.

I had an experience a few years ago and I opened a circle with the help of a friend/meduim, and we helped the soul who was trapped past through, and peace came back to my life.

• Quote from Stormypagan

Sounds wild ... and also sounds like you have a spirit...if there is no other explanation and you live in such an old place then sounds like it.... If it continues to worry/bother/frighten you ,and you want to help it...then try to get some one that knows what they are doing, and open a circle and let the spirit go through to the light...sounds like they are trapped in between worlds. But be careful to close the circle after, and ground yourself too.

I had an experience a few years ago and I opened a circle with the help of a friend/meduim, and we helped the soul who was trapped past through, and peace came back to my life.

Isnt it a beautiful experince, such an honour to facillitate....
    altho depends on what is lurking sounds like a few things going on in Andys house...

• Ahhhhr sounds scary!Could just be something passing through,our house has always been fine except for a period of two weeks once when loads of scary shit kept happening,like our old radio that had no batteries and wasnt plugged in as it hadnt been used for years kept turning itself on!now how is that possible.I really hope this strange energy leves you all in peace.

Many sparkles x

• Quote from ecomamma

Isnt it a beautiful experince, such an honour to facillitate....
    altho depends on what is lurking sounds like a few things going on in Andys house...

It was ecomamma :) ... and the peace it left was amazing...it was a wild time but I feel fortunate to have helped that soul move on and let them rest on the other side, as that is what they desperately needed to do... I was quite skeptical until I had that particular experience. Fortunately this soul was a gentle one and not destructive but yes you are right, you just don't know what is lurking at Andy's. But time will reveal all I am sure!!

It's wild too... I didn't know you also do stuff like this...wow...maybe that is one of the reasons our paths have crossed.

Anyway, I will tell you all about it when you come up to stay, very very soon now (HORRAY!! xx) mind you the amount we have to talk about I think we may need a few weeks hehehe!!