Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I found a pack of three lights that run off 2AA batteries each for £2.99 at B&Q came complete with the batteries and adhesive pads so you can stick them any were nice and bright and after 6 weeks still shining bright.

• Always carry a Spade or trenching tool, nobody likes turds that ain't dug in.

Not so ! I was stopping on a fruit farm , where the farmer was making enquiries amongst the pickers , as to who had eaten sweetcorn lately , as his dog had rolled in some human faeces which was high in said material .....Ah , hang on , you said NOBODY , not nothing ....doh !

• I go up to a carryer bag ov rubbish. OK when they wer free but I just wont buy em!! Luckily u can still find bags ok 4 rubbish blowin in car parks. Plenty ov bins in industrial places. Or swap the rubbish for food if u r a freegan!

• Keep a lookout 4 Mc D's cups an never pay 4 coffee! Collect the stickers on the card on the cup. Swap 4 coffee make shure u get the sticker off the free one! U can get ANY coffee free wiv the full card even the specials like toffee latte. Dont let em tell u otherwise!! ;)
    An dont forget to pick up a fistful of sugar wile u r there. Never by sugar!

• Never by sugar!

Depending where you go...( morrisons or tesco) never buy red sauce,brown sauce, mayo, tartare sauce, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, sweetener, plastic or wood stirry sticks, straws napkins ever again! BIG SOD OFF HANDFULL! just make sure to BUY an overpriced burger or a plate of chips n a coffee to justify your extravagant use of the "free" condiments.....
    also........BOG ROLL, we all need/use it, i see nowt wrong with pulling off a few yards of the stuff n putting in my pocket when in the loos, have even beeb known to refill my hand soap dispenser from the one in the loos but this takes like forever......

• Don't park in a nice open area conveniently close to decent music pubs, that's prominently signed as "Market Square", or similar, and expect to have a lie in the following morning. Amazing how much noise the market lads make putting up their stalls, possibly because I was parked in one of their spots.

• Get a Dog, ears are way better than ours....mine will alert me to a mouse fart at 100m!

I don't worry too much about mice farting, can she alert you if folks are breaking in? My mutt would only give the game away if the burglar refused to play throw the ball . . . :D

• I don't worry too much about mice farting, can she alert you if folks are breaking in? My mutt would only give the game away if the burglar refused to play throw the ball . . . :D

As you well know... would sit on their knee and probably lick them to death.....lol