Female Advice needed

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Ok. Any stupid sexist advice from this and I'll be well angry.

Blu's downstairs is sore. She says its been this way since she started taking Anti'Bs.

We've thought about getting Canistin (sp?) but have no money till the 19th.

Sorry to ask for advice but I'm a useless male.

Thank you for your help, I'm just really worried bout Blu right now. She went to the dentist today, got a tooth out (first of 3), she was shaky and crying and in shock afterwards. She's ok now but I'm just worried. :(

Thanks in advance.

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• It sounds like thrush, tell Blu to buy some natural yoghurt and apply liberally (internally too), it works wonders and only costs 20 (ish)p for a wee pot.

Hope she feels better soon. :D

• We'll go along to the doctor's tomorrow, see what they say. Thanks Starpoi.

"Going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You know you're going to get it, but it's going to be rough."

• Thanks. I thought the whole Yoghurt thing was an urban myth, clearly I'm mistaken.

• Hi Lister. I went through this a few weeks ago when i had a tooth abscess. I had 4 lots of antibiotics and ended up with thrush, and other problems, too. I was prescribed Canestan, but remembered the live natural yoghurt remedy too, which worked :thumbup:

• nope, proper soothes the itchyies and contains bacteria...good ones, that stop thebyeast from getting so out of control. ask doc tomoro...their stuff works just as well as the canisten:)

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• Its really common to get thrush when taking antiB's. Doc should prescribe some cream or use yogurt. Nothing new to add but I hope she feels better soon

• Am gonna skip college tomorrow, go for a beg, try and get some money together, get Blu well again....

• Am gonna skip college tomorrow, go for a beg, try and get some money together, get Blu well again....

Awww you are so sweet, but yoghurt pots are really weeny, steal a pot, and if you get caught explain why you are stealing it... ;)

• i used to stick a tampon in the yoghurt and wear it for two hours. always worked wonders. good luck on your mission.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• i used to stick a tampon in the yoghurt and wear it for two hours. always worked wonders. good luck on your mission.

That's not a bad idea. I'll mention it to Blu

• Right, after feeling like I was going to claw myself to death, I have discovered a (perhaps) temporary fix.... cottage cheese. Yep, you heard me. I got desperate, and with a lack of yoghurt, i began contemplaiting the contents of the fridge... and we had some skipped cottage cheese. Bash it till smooth, and apply. Seems ok so far, and should see me till tomorrow anyway. :)
    Thanks for all our wisdom guys, it just seems to be going from bad to worse at the mo. Luckily I have Lister and two handsome hounds to nurse me back to full health! x

• It sounds like thrush, tell Blu to buy some natural yoghurt and apply liberally (internally too), it works wonders and only costs 20 (ish)p for a wee pot.

Hope she feels better soon. :D

Ditto the above..it really works..remember though PLAIN NATURAL Yoghurt..many a caring partner has unintentionally picked up a pot of strawberry by mistake;)

• if you get free prescriptions you should be able to bypass the docs and go straight to the pharmacy and get some under the minor ailments scheme

• Unfortunatly, we dont get free prescriptions, because we're students. Students CAN get fre prescriptions, but only until your 19.

• Unfortunatly, we dont get free prescriptions, because we're students. Students CAN get fre prescriptions, but only until your 19.

It depends on your income regardless of studentness. Go to a pharmacy and has for the form for 'help with health costs' a HC1 form
    more info here http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Health…tions/NHScosts/DH_4049391

What benefits are you on? some automatically entitle you to free prescriptions

:clap::clap:

Why didnt I think of that
    its really hard trying to put it in with a spoon

if you get a script from the GP get a pessary and cream
    the pessary treats you all the way up
    Lister its worth you using the cream so you dont pass it back and forth between you

• Garlic works as well - if I don't have yoghurt to hand I stick couple of garlic cloves up there.......although it works it's way through your system really quickly and after a short time you can taste it in your mouth. First time I tried it I was really confused by the garlic taste after an hour or so as I hadn't eaten any :p

• It depends on your income regardless of studentness. Go to a pharmacy and has for the form for 'help with health costs' a HC1 form
    more info here http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Health…tions/NHScosts/DH_4049391

What benefits are you on? some automatically entitle you to free prescriptions

We dont get benifits just now, as we get a bursery from college. I picked up one of those forms (an a4 blue and red thing) and filled most of it in, but will have to take it to college on monday before I can post it.
    I got Lyodds pharmacy own brand thrush cream today (my wee sis loaned me the money, bless her heart) and felt almost instantly better. I thought that it was better than using the yoghurt, purely cos there is always the temptation for lister to eat the yoghurt!!!

• Garlic works as well - if I don't have yoghurt to hand I stick couple of garlic cloves up there.......although it works it's way through your system really quickly and after a short time you can taste it in your mouth. First time I tried it I was really confused by the garlic taste after an hour or so as I hadn't eaten any :p

That el keep the vampires away if nowt else ! :eek:

seriously?! im not being funny, i just never heard of it before and it sounds uncomfortable! pmsl!
    if it works tho?! id give it a go!

• seriously?! im not being funny, i just never heard of it before and it sounds uncomfortable! pmsl!
    if it works tho?! id give it a go!

I did find it worked, you need to leave it in for a while, for a day/overnight - and it also works better if you cut the clove, but then it stings a bit! It also works better if you recognise the thrush symptoms at the very earliest stage, nip it in the bud so to speak when you first get that "uh oh" feeling. Cutting the clove improves things if you leave it a little late....but you do need to like the taste of garlic because it whizzes through those mucus membranes and up through your body like nobodies business so it's all you can taste!! :eek: