What was the last movie you watched?: Take 2

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I started watching The Wolf on Wall Street but switched it off after 30 minutes as these type of people are not my idea of company. I normally like Martin Scorsese films but not this one. Also, I find Leonardo DiCaprio too normal for my liking.

• Eye in the sky. I feel physically sick. Drone combat once appealed at a distance. But the reality left me questioning much more than wars. I’m trying to find someone to hang the Blame on. If only terrorists could see the collateral of their actions and we no longer needed to respond.

• The London Firm.

Two hitmen wake up in the back of a truck to discover they have been drugged and their employer brutally murdered. Their attempts to escape bring about a bloody confrontation with a shocking twist in the tale.

Watchable 7/10.

And Eat Local. UK vampire vs SAS

In a quiet countryside farmhouse, Britain's vampires gather for their once-every-fifty-years meeting. Others will be joining them too; Sebastian Crockett, an unwitting Essex boy who thinks he's on a promise with sexy cougar Vanessa; and a detachment of Special Forces vampire killers who have bitten off more than they can chew. This is certainly going to be a night to remember... and for some of them it will be their last.

Just get a boner for Eve Myles, never been the same since Torchwood but a good 8/10 for a UK horror comedy in the vein of Hot Fuzz. :hippie:

• Wunderland. Battle of the Bulge. Authentic kit, shit acting and the stupid yank, we did it. Watched only half as it was soooo bad. -1 out of 10

Full Metal Alchemist. Ok cosplay until the subtitles stopped halfway through and my Japanese is poor but still interesting. 5/10

Along with the Gods. Korean but watchable 6/10.

Beast of Burden. Low budget but still just about watchable if it wasn't Harry Potter Radcliff being a drugs mule. 6/10

Guardians of the Tomb. Arachnophobia meets the terracotta army aussie style. 5/10

Got stuck waiting for a parcel delivery or I'd have been out and about..............

• The Lodgers. Irish horrorish

1920, rural Ireland. Anglo Irish twins Rachel and Edward share a strange existence in their crumbling family estate. Each night, the property becomes the domain of a sinister presence (The Lodgers) which enforces three rules upon the twins: they must be in bed by midnight; they may not permit an outsider past the threshold; if one attempts to escape, the life of the other is placed in jeopardy. When troubled war veteran Sean returns to the nearby village, he is immediately drawn to the mysterious Rachel, who in turn begins to break the rules set out by The Lodgers. The consequences pull Rachel into a deadly confrontation with her brother - and with the curse that haunts them.

7/10 apart from the postbox.

• Happy go Lucky , Teacher Poppy Cross (Sally Hawkins) is an eternal optimist who lives with her more cynical friend Zoe (Alexis Zegerman). Deciding she wants to learn to drive, she starts taking lessons from Scott (Eddie Marsan), a tense and downbeat instructor who believes Poppy's levity reflects a lack of seriousness 9/10 (my score)

Life is Sweet , The working-class malaise of suburban London is captured in this comedic drama, which focuses on twin sisters Natalie (Claire Skinner) and Nicola (Jane Horrocks) and their parents: easygoing Andy (Jim Broadbent) and his optimistic wife, Wendy (Alison Steadman). While Natalie has a plumbing job, and … MOREThe working-class malaise of suburban London is captured in this comedic drama, which focuses on twin sisters Natalie (Claire Skinner) and Nicola (Jane Horrocks) and their parents: easygoing Andy (Jim Broadbent) and his optimistic wife, Wendy (Alison Steadman). While Natalie has a plumbing job, and … MORE

7/10

• Mohawk. Native indian v yankees set in 1812. Just about watchable 5/10

and

Wind River.

An FBI agent teams with a town's veteran game tracker to investigate a murder that occurred on a Native American reservation.

Excellent film set in Wyoming 9/10

• I watched A Little Chaos with Kate Winslett about Louis XIV, Palais de Versailles and court life in general. Kate played a gardener responsible for designing one of the main fountains in the Palais de Versailles' extravagant garden.

It was a nice break to watch a quiet film with a good cast, good characters, an unusual slant of history . . . and see Kate covered in mud. All very beautifully done.

• HELP. My partner wants to watch the VIKINGS. I’ve got and watched series one to three. We have decided to watch it together. We have watched series one, episode one to three, but she tells me the disc with episode four and five of series one has a crack in the DVD and will not play. Can anyone email “zip” me or my parter episode 4 & 5 of series one please? It would be a shame for her to miss it. This is quite urgent.

• HELP. My partner wants to watch the VIKINGS. I’ve got and watched series one to three. We have decided to watch it together. We have watched series one, episode one to three, but she tells me the disc with episode four and five of series one has a crack in the DVD and will not play. Can anyone email “zip” me or my parter episode 4 & 5 of series one please? It would be a shame for her to miss it. This is quite urgent.

https://ororo.tv/en This is not a pirate site, it is for helping you learn english. Therefore it is legal. Allegedly. :whistle:

• Still water -

A weekend camping trip among six old friends in Northern Minnesota's "Boundary Waters" turns tragic after one dies under mysterious circumstances, triggering further turmoil as they attempt to unmask the killer within their own group.

Reasonable film 7/10

• Eye in the sky. I feel physically sick. Drone combat once appealed at a distance. But the reality left me questioning much more than wars. I’m trying to find someone to hang the Blame on. If only terrorists could see the collateral of their actions and we no longer needed to respond.

Indeed a film to make one think. Would you make the call to go ahead,how can the value of human life be measured and who is right and who is wrong. I like gardening :)

• Black Water -

A deep cover operative awakens to find himself imprisoned in a CIA black site on a submarine.

Claud van Dumb macho bull crap movie aboard a sub where nobody can shoot straight. 5/10 candidate for a raspberry.