Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Its said if the Torys get in they will bring back Hunting :(

Their actual policy is to allow a free (un-whipped) vote in parlaiment on the subject rather than "bring it back" as such.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• The foxes seem to be doing better in some urban areas these days,a lot of people round here appreciate what little wildlife we have left,in the country it,s obvously a different story....people who hunt despite it being illegal now really consider themselves above the law,it was always the same ,i used to be in the H.S.A ,but when i lived in the country it was quite an eye opener to see some of the attitudes they had towards wildlife,not just foxes,they didn,t seem to appreciate what they had!The rural dwellers on here will see this all too often,it,s more than ironic when foxes are safer in Glasgow but then no-one here keeps ducks or chickens so they can,t be regarded as pests in the urban setting.Cheers for replying,T.C.;)

• I did, I kept rabbits and we had foxes everywhere, my friend kept chickens in Bridgeton of all places but the foxes got them no matter what she did.
    I lived in suburbia and saw foxes every single day, now I live in the middle of nowhere and never see one :(

• since ive lived in the countryside (2 yrs) ive never seen a fox, when i go back to the city i see loads.

I did see a hunt the other day, luckily i just got back with the dogs as the hunt was on the same bit of land we were on!
    It is horrible though people shouldnt allow them on their land - thanks evis

• since ive lived in the countryside (2 yrs) ive never seen a fox, when i go back to the city i see loads.

I did see a hunt the other day, luckily i just got back with the dogs as the hunt was on the same bit of land we were on!
    It is horrible though people shouldnt allow them on their land - thanks evis

If you need a hand disrupting said hunt, let me know :whistle:

• you can gladly come and give a hand, i might speak to a few people and find out when the next one is, proberly in a few weeks before the big boxing day one! i fucking hate that one

• you can gladly come and give a hand, i might speak to a few people and find out when the next one is, proberly in a few weeks before the big boxing day one! i fucking hate that one

Give us a shout when you find out Wigs.

• If you need a hand disrupting said hunt, let me know :whistle:

25 years ago i helped to disrupt the hunt,now i can hardly walk across the road ,however there are geezers round here who really like foxes ,they are in very good condition those foxes,more like semi-tame ,we have a good interaction with them and feed them when we can,they have a great habitat,they can,t put buildings everywhere but the swines will try,where will the wild animals and birds go ,we must adress this issue my friends,the loss of urban wildlife habitat is an issue of serious importance ,i actively oppose foxhunting and over developement and support a move toward urban green corridors,i have friends who need support.Always your friend,T.C.;)

• couple of months ago Iwas just down the road from you TC, its a bit of a journey now though.

I was HSA for many years but got known to the ARNI (Animal Rights National Index)so had to back off, everytime they saw me, no matter what I was doing, I was restrained instantly so it became a hassle for the guys in the fields. That what happens when your accent sticks out a mile. That was a long time ago now so I think they will have let it go..............:whistle:

• Aye,they watch people who protest....,greed is a major problem too,sper grun,(spare ground)is worth millions in money terms ,just as it begins to bloom with trees and living things it starts to look o.k they want to put more new buildings up without leaving green gaps ,it,s always about money,they can,t get the balance right,we are always up against some kind of mafia.....,not all development is bad ,i,ve worked in building trade but could the numptys no leave gaps.....,if i was rich i would buy land and just leave it......down with foxhunting and excessive overdevelopment!Cheers,T.C.:waves:

• ........I lived in suburbia and saw foxes every single day, now I live in the middle of nowhere and never see one :(

since ive lived in the countryside (2 yrs) ive never seen a fox, when i go back to the city i see loads......

That'll be because urban and suburban areas can sustain a higher population density because of all the easily accesible food lying around (territory sizes don't need to be anywhere near as big as in rural areas). Also, urban foxes become desensitized to the level of disturbance so'll happily hang around in plain view whereas that won't happen to a rural fox which will see you before you see it :)

I hope they don't bring fox hunting back.... I don't have an issue with gallumphing off across country on horseback with a pack of hounds but I do have an issue with using it as a means of killing foxes.

If you want a fox dead because you consider it a pest then have someone whose a good shot go out at night, onto your land with a rifle and a lamp and shoot the poor buggers (I don't agree with that either but you're not going to change the view of a crusty farmer so you might as well kill a fox in a way that is most likely to be humane)