a drawing a day

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• the domain name adoodleaday.co.uk is available. much as i'm loving this thread loads, there's loads of chat in it as well and i'm wandering if it's worth having a place where we can put just the drawings as a sort of record of our progress.

i think we would still need this thread to keep the motivation going. what do other people think of that idea?

I can help sort that out, host it etc :)

• my only concern would be that people would stop posting in this thread and the motivation would be lost. at the moment the main reason i am motivated is because i am spurred on by everyone else, including all the chatter that goes with it.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• i reakon that's the way to go. but only after i have scanned my pictures in rather than the photos from my phone!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Yeah hopefully I am going to get my scanner working the weekend because I don't really like taking the photos with my camera.
    I've dedicated a sketch book to this drawing a day and I'm going to decorate it too :)

• Right, sketch pad and pencils are on my shopping list....just need to get the scanner working again and we'll see what appears...:whistle:

• Right, sketch pad and pencils are on my shopping list....just need to get the scanner working again and we'll see what appears...:whistle:

:woohoo: i'm also a little bit in shock and very, very happy to see you joining in when i've never seen you draw before - i think it's fucking awesome!

• there you go :)

interesting how i am programmed to express myself in words - i could write volumes about how i was the boffin and funnelled down the academic path - how i couldn't draw an eye, a piece of fruit, a metal object so i couldnt do GCSE art so i must not be creative so i went to college and tried to do a levels and then wondered why i wasnt interested in the slightest and kept walking out on it...

i told simon about this thread last night and about wanting to do an art course - he just went to st austell to get crickets for the beardy and came back with a sketch pad and graphite sketch set for me :wub:

• i fucking love it!!!! yaaaaaay! and i love the little sewing machine!

• i fucking love it!!!! yaaaaaay! and i love the little sewing machine!

Oi stop fuckin' swearing all the time that's reserved for your elders.....and I've now got a sketch pad and an assortment of pencils.....I reckon the first sketch will be the pile of slates that are about to be blown off the roof.....:eek:

• i told simon about this thread last night and about wanting to do an art course - he just went to st austell to get crickets for the beardy and came back with a sketch pad and graphite sketch set for me :wub:

awww bless him! i think doing an art course would be wikkid!

Quote from dad

and I've now got a sketch pad and an assortment of pencils.....I reckon the first sketch will be the pile of slates that are about to be blown off the roof.....:eek:

yay to having the sketch pad and pencils, and uh oh to the roof tiles! i hope nellies tarp stays put!

• Cool idea, i love doodling when bored, in fact when i was at work last night i did this (it's not finished yet!!)

And the other day i did this,

Sorry the quality is so bad, it's from my camera phone as i lent my scanner lead to my housemate who has gone away for the weekend! My bedroom walls have got loads of drawings stuck up everywhere!!

----------------------
    "People who give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Benjamin Franklin
    ----------------------

• omg they're awesome! :D

• Thanks!!! :D I'll put some more up when i get a chance if you like!!

----------------------
    "People who give up their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Benjamin Franklin
    ----------------------

• Ooh they're great, we'd love to see more!
    Oh and we've worked out a nerdy way of doing the adoodleaday site so everyone has tehir own profile, page etc. Should be cool.

• omg that's so cool! is it just me that likes the way "a doodle a day" rhymes with "dot co dot uk"?

• Right here we go!

This one has a poem, not sure if you can read it but it says: "Crocodiles love nothing more than having monkeys on their backs, they're having fun, drinking tea, trying to have a chat, but what's that? in the tree? They better watch out for that bat! now croc's hungry you see, he'd like to munch on that. Then everyone feels happy and croc is feeling fat!"

This is robopig coming to rescue a man who has been attacked by an octopus

And this is animal tesselation inspired by escher!!

----------------------
    ----------------------

• Goldie your pics are ace... like Heath Robinson meets Dr Seuss on acid :D you ever thought about writing/illustrating children's books matey? :D

• you ever thought about writing/illustrating children's books matey? :D

my thoughts exactly! those are wikkid!

• Haha thanks guys! Never really thought about it, i guess if Ricky Gervais can do Flanimals! Maybe when i retire!!!

----------------------
    ----------------------