a drawing a day

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I didn't estimate how big the drawing would be very well and ran out of room on the page for the bottom! Ooops

• it amazes me how you can draw machinery so perfectly! i really like that, and if i press ctrl + a couple of times i can actually read all the words as well.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I would love to join in guys, but I haven't got it in me right now..................sorry.

Stardusts Dad, you rock!! I stand in your shadow, you are singularly the most open minded and revolutionary person I have ever met and I think the depth and scale of your drawings rock. :hug:

• it amazes me how you can draw machinery so perfectly! i really like that, and if i press ctrl + a couple of times i can actually read all the words as well.

Thanks
    I did CDT at school and there was huge emphasis on technical drawing. I had a double technical lesson every Saturday (yep, I had Saturday school :eek:) and was the only one who enjoyed it! Anyway, i think I remember a lot during that as well as my Art classes.
    i find it easier to draw stuff like that than nature!
    Definately going to take my sketchbook on Steam Train day :D

• Definately going to take my sketchbook on Steam Train day :D

ditto, though strangely enough i am not too bad at drawing nature (when i get into the habit of drawing regularly) but my technical ability is poo.

cally - i really, really like that, and can relate to it soo well!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Thanks stardust. I was out most of the day and all I kept thinking about was going home and snuggling up in bed with my book until I fall asleep. I even left the gym half hour early because I just felt exhausted for no particular reason.

Note to self: Go to the gym on Sunday, and stop being so fed up about every silly thing!

• cally that's great, sums up how I feel most days!

I set up a blog to keep mine all in place.
    It will have larger images once my nerdy boyfriend gets here and helps me widen the page in wordpress!
    http://starpixie.co.uk/doodleaday/

ooh, i might do that too. but i will probably leave it until i have a scanner to hand rather than the appauling photographs i have been contributing so far.

• ooh, i might do that too. but i will probably leave it until i have a scanner to hand rather than the appauling photographs i have been contributing so far.

I just realised, I have a spare scanner just lying around gathering dust! I'll bring it down and leave it with you for a while so you can use it :D Remind me when I come over next week!

• :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:grin:

fankoo!

• probably more words than drawing today,but i did something...

i like this thread, drawing isnt something i normally make an effort to do,but always say i wish i could draw, so hopefully this inspiration to practice will make me a bit better!

• that's really cute danni, and i love the words, especially the last sentance!

• if i can get my scanner working i might have join in with this thread as i dont draw often enough anymore...

yay! i'm loving feeling this motivated again, and i think all our motivational energy is sort of spiralling together and bouncing off eachother - it's wikkid! :D

• the domain name adoodleaday.co.uk is available. much as i'm loving this thread loads, there's loads of chat in it as well and i'm wandering if it's worth having a place where we can put just the drawings as a sort of record of our progress.

i think we would still need this thread to keep the motivation going. what do other people think of that idea?

• it's £8 to register the name but i don't know how websites work really. i know a big one like this is expensive but i have no idea how much a little one would cost. it was just a thought. not one that i have the skill to carry out myself though!

• before reading this thread i would have said 'i'm not good at drawing' which is ridiculous because i also have thought for a long time that the 'drawing' we are taught at school etc is only one type of drawing and some artists spend a long time unlearning the techniques taught to them, to find their own way of drawing...

my dad was an art teacher and several of my sibs are good 'put things down on paper' artists - i was never any good at the 'art' measured by the GCSE curriculum so i thought i wasn't an artist - more an academic in an artistic family...

thank you for reminding me i'm just as artistic as the rest of them - for years i've thought myself lacking for not furthering my education but i just had a eureka moment - after many unfinished attempts at academia i've realised i want to do something more - just not essays and textbooks and note taking - so i'm going to look into doing some kind of art foundation course at college next year...

til then i'll have a go at drawing - maybe not one a day but nag me if i drop by the wayside with this

• we all have to nag eachother - i'm as likely to be guilty of dropping by the wayside as the next person!

looking forward to your drawings tho janna - and if my dad can put up a drawing (and i've never seen him draw in my whole entire life) then you definately can!!

• it was your dad's which really got me thinking - it has a wonderful simplicity about it - like the essence of the subject rather than fine detail - it could be hanging in a gallery somewhere - it made me remember some of the things my dad said about art growing up :)

• it was your dad's which really got me thinking - it has a wonderful simplicity about it - like the essence of the subject rather than fine detail - it could be hanging in a gallery somewhere - it made me remember some of the things my dad said about art growing up :)

i asked him where todays entry was and he said he has to go in to town tommorrow to get a sketchbook and pencils!! :eek: