a drawing a day

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• following on from some posts in the what are you currently making thread, it was suggested, (by the lovely vampira!) that the drawings have a thread of their own for the people who want to do one a day, (inspired by starpoi!)

so here's today's drawing from me.......

i am going to try and do one line drawing a day and would really like to see other people's "one drawing a day" as well. :D

i would also like people to kick me up the arse if i don't do it because i would love to get back into drawing but i am very lazy!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

The post was edited 1 time, last by starpoi ().

• any drawing. it was beth's idea to do a drawing a day, like a journal, so i guess it's kind of following on from that idea. hence the grampabones hat on his birthday.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• looking forward to it! night night :hug:

• Yey!
    My journal isn't a diary. It's not what I did that day etc. It's just an arty journal with pictures and writing. I'm not very good at writing so that bit scares me most!

• Ooh if anyone wants to really get into the arty journalling kind of thing, these are the books that have really inspired me.

• i think i am going to add writing to my next ones coz i really like the combination of picture and writing. it will give me a chance to practise my calligraphy as well which is also something i am wanting to get back in to.

• the more i read about this guy, the more i really really want to read his books!

i have added them on to my every growing amazon wish list!

• the more i read about this guy, the more i really really want to read his books!

i have added them on to my every growing amazon wish list!

I'll bring mine over so you can have a browse.
    Dan Price is great, spent ages living in a tipi :D

• man i'm really gonna have to learn to draw.

do it. here's your perfect excuse coz if you're joining us and doing one a day you will get good so much quicker if you do it regularly rather than sporadically.

• I'll bring mine over so you can have a browse.
    Dan Price is great, spent ages living in a tipi :D

i was secretly hoping you might say that! :grin:

can't wait!

• :woohoo: fankoo! :D

• do it. here's your perfect excuse coz if you're joining us and doing one a day you will get good so much quicker if you do it regularly rather than sporadically.

remind me to start next week ok? im doing lots of writing this week and i wanna concentrate of experimenting with that :)

• i'm defo goona try this, might not be one a day though as i have mountains of college work as it is, but at least once a week :)

• i decided it would be nice to do something today, so i had a shower ~ very hard work at the moment so i am mostly smelly, but at least now its a nice kind of smelly... got out the shower and thought id do a scribble, 10 minute jobby... it was so much fun, i really must carry on having fun with my art, this is a big step! so thankyou very very much for the inspiration everyone xxxxxxxxx :D

• What a great idea - I can't draw to save my life but I'll enjoy looking at everyone else's efforts.........:insane:

• Oooh that is great Kel! I love it!
    Totally get it too! I haven't washed my hair for ages, just can't cope with the mammoth task that it now is!

• What a great idea - I can't draw to save my life but I'll enjoy looking at everyone else's efforts.........:insane:

it's not about whether or not you can draw, it's about being motivated to do something creative each day. and if you did a drawing every day then before long you would be good at it.

and kel - i love your drawing - i can so totally relate to that! well, apart from we don't have a shower and i don't wash my hair. for precisely the reason's you've just drawn!!! :D

• yay - do it! once you do one a day for a while you wont be terrible any more!

• I don't know yet. I'm up to my eyes in text books!

I'm trying to keep things small and simplish to start with and work my way up to drawing people and cats :D

• so here's today's drawing from me.......

Wow that is really good!

Erm, I mean that in a "I didnt know you could draw" way, not a "I didnt know you could do anything" :D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."