gladys loving small caravan.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• well due to eventually moving to a 4 bed house probably on a estate we have decided to rehome gladys.
    i have talked to stardust and same stipulations as when pumpkin rehomed her
    ie
    for a family
    must be used not abandoned and left to rot
    kept tidy
    when no longer needed stardust to be contacted so she knows where she is too and the van is free to next recipent.

im throwing in the awning thats inside her.

she needs a little tlc i have turned one bed round 90 degrees to make more room and when i removed the kitchen unit from the floor it fell apart
    i have a single divan frame i was going to cut down for extra seating as mrs m was going to cook outside or in awning so basically shes a blank canvas for someone to do how it works best for them .

i will try and clean her up and stow stuff properly but am pretty busy right now :(

also i dont get on here alot so if interested peeps can pm mrs moocher or reply on thread they can be responded to quicker :thumbup:

• Is this still going? Could be a godsend for Gary n the kids can you pm me? Will send you our phone no actuallu think Stardusts got it but just incase muahhh x x x

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• you got to promise not to lunch her out though and bring her to gatherings coz i aint seen you in aaaaages!!

(and if you come down to collect it you have to come and see me to.)

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I love the fact this wee caravan changes hands for nothing except a promise for it to be cared for and passed on when not needed any more. It's fantastic! Who would have thought a tin box on wheels could hold so much love and fun. Maybe someone should put an owners book in it and each family that gets to use it writes up their adventures they have in the caravan into the book, maybe with drawings from the kids and photos from the adults?

It would make a good read futher down the line.

• Hang fire :( We can't get a place to keep it until March so we're gonna have to bow out what a nightmare :( Sorryx

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• I love the fact this wee caravan changes hands for nothing except a promise for it to be cared for and passed on when not needed any more. It's fantastic! Who would have thought a tin box on wheels could hold so much love and fun. Maybe someone should put an owners book in it and each family that gets to use it writes up their adventures they have in the caravan into the book, maybe with drawings from the kids and photos from the adults?

It would make a good read futher down the line.

that is such a lovely idea! i'm gonna tell my mum! it makes her so happy to know how much happiness their old caravan gives!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• that is such a lovely idea! i'm gonna tell my mum! it makes her so happy to know how much happiness their old caravan gives!

have a look in the nomadic section at the link i put up
    i seen nige looking at his toolbox earlier :whistle:

• I love the fact this wee caravan changes hands for nothing except a promise for it to be cared for and passed on when not needed any more. It's fantastic! Who would have thought a tin box on wheels could hold so much love and fun.

Tis the same with my Seb - I was given him, for free, when I really needed him, on the condition that when I outgrow him I pass him onto someone else who needs him :) Which I will (though not yet cos i'm having way too much fun with him - been making shelves and recovering the cushions today, next job, new curtains) :D

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• I know I'm not on here very much any more and I am sure there are plenty of people willing to give this a home, but if you're still looking to rehome her we are in dire need of a caravan. It wouldn't be for a family exactly, but used as a shadow puppet theatre to tour festivals. Obviously. We had a caravan for this purpose this year and it was great, with kids getting inside it to do shows through the windows for the crowds outside, then being used as a place for crew to kip in the evenings. Anyway, if this sounds like a use you might like to put her to, please do get in touch. If not, good luck with the rehoming!

• I'm very pleased to announce that we have found a home for Gladys in the Ladybird family... we will soon be soon be picking up to bring her to her new (somewhat colder) home oop north where she will hopefully be getting a sunny yellow paintjob and becoming a mobile shadow puppet theatre caravan! Exciting stuff, and it also means that she'll be coming around the festivals next summer, so everyone who knows her can stop by and say hi. We can't wait!

• wooho! :woohoo: i'm really happy to hear this!

• So glad everyone's behind the idea... we'll be sure to get plenty of photos on here charting her progress. I also think it would be really nice to have a little sign up about her and her history as it's a lovely little story, so if anyone has any pictures or anecdotes they'd like to add to this please do get in touch.

• my mum's gonna be so happy!

• Woo - we collected her today! After a looong drive she is now safely in Leeds, although she's complaining a bit about the cold. We're going to work on her over the winter so she's all shiny and made over ready for the festival season next year. Thanks so much to everyone who has played a part in her coming to us, she really is perfect. Mods can close this thread one, I'll start a new one once I have pictures of the work in progress!

• :woohoo: