forth plinth trafalgar square

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Dantes is going to be on the plinth!!!!! 20th August is his day from 7 till 8 at night, it is going to cost us a fortune to get there but I am really excited :)

• Dantes is going to be on the plinth!!!!! 20th August is his day from 7 till 8 at night, it is going to cost us a fortune to get there but I am really excited :)

Woo hoo,:clap: what's he doing up there? Will we see you?
    Helen(you remember Helen? pink hair and tats) is going up on friday as there is going to be someone up on the plinth leading the 'Time Warp'.So she's going up in full costume. Wonder who'll be leading it?

• Woo hoo,:clap: what's he doing up there? Will we see you?
    Helen(you remember Helen? pink hair and tats) is going up on friday as there is going to be someone up on the plinth leading the 'Time Warp'.So she's going up in full costume. Wonder who'll be leading it?

Wicked, go Helen :clap:yes and yes is the answer, and I do believe he is going to make a cup of tea :insane:

• Never mind the fourth plinth though, how about replacing some of the other statues. Including Sir Henry Havelock, best known for his part in suppressing the Indian Mutiny. Does modern multicultural London really want to celebrate someone like that?

• Never mind the fourth plinth though, how about replacing some of the other statues. Including Sir Henry Havelock, best known for his part in suppressing the Indian Mutiny. Does modern multicultural London really want to celebrate someone like that?

but i kind of like the irony....with dantes making tea....my indian grandfather used to say that the only thing the british learned from india was how to grow and drink tea...

• Wicked, go Helen :clap:yes and yes is the answer, and I do believe he is going to make a cup of tea :insane:

Yay go Dantes - are they going to let him light a real fire on there - is he going to make a speech....or do a dance.........:wiggle:

wicked! wish i could come see . . .

• Yay go Dantes - are they going to let him light a real fire on there - is he going to make a speech....or do a dance.........:wiggle:

Please don't ask him to dance :o, we don't know if they will let him have a fire, but we are going to find out. he wants to put up his tent and have a cuppa to represent the simple things in life :D

• if he has a ukh badge he should wear it - that would put ukh as part of an installation :D

We did think of that but we weren't sure if UKH needed a whole lot of new member and if they wanted advertised. I am not sure how dave would feel about that......

• We did think of that but we weren't sure if UKH needed a whole lot of new member and if they wanted advertised. I am not sure how dave would feel about that......

think is lovie the badges arent really a advetisement they are just so we know who each other are!
    as i havent met you two it would be great to reckonise him up there by his badge! :D

• think is lovie the badges arent really a advetisement they are just so we know who each other are!
    as i havent met you two it would be great to reckonise him up there by his badge! :D

I shall put it to him :D

• and making tea...with a tent...it's a one man gathering!

Gathering ??? No, this is a movement!!
    The tent idea could change, it just depends on my headspace at the time:hippy:......... Today I feel tentish and teaish:)
    Would be nice to meet in a park during the day though.

• but i kind of like the irony....with dantes making tea....my indian grandfather used to say that the only thing the british learned from india was how to grow and drink tea...

Hmmm...Except that as far as I know, tea was brought to India from China, by those damned brits. Rubber of course was brought to Malaysia from South America by the same damned brits. In the early days it was all about trade, the whole empire bit didn't kick off until they changed the law under pressure from the churches to allow missionaries in. Totally off topic and I shall be raising a nice cup of Tea to Dantes even if I can't make it down there.

• Hmmm...Except that as far as I know, tea was brought to India from China, by those damned brits. Rubber of course was brought to Malaysia from South America by the same damned brits. In the early days it was all about trade, the whole empire bit didn't kick off until they changed the law under pressure from the churches to allow missionaries in. Totally off topic and I shall be raising a nice cup of Tea to Dantes even if I can't make it down there.

mmm i think i wrote drink - in india tea is drunk with milk (and sometimes a tea marsala) but not so in china.

• And masala is a paste...It's true that tea took on a whole new life in India, but I wouldn't say they taught us how to drink it, how many cafe's do you know that sell garam chai (that's hot tea)? The arab world presumably got their tea via India too, but they drink it black, strong and very sweet.

• Masala is just a general term for mixed spices, which can be obtained as paste or as dry powder. Anyway I think this is getting a little off topic, unless dantes is planning to brew chai on his plinth?