Daft things kids say.....

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• My darling child said something recently, we look back now and find it a little funny ;) But at the time I was a little shocked.

My nanny died in may and we got the phone call late at night, we were woken up by the sound of my mum shouting and crying etc.. Then my daughter (aged 6) popped downstairs to see what the fuss was about.. My mum told her and my daughter gave her a hug and looked into her face and said "Grandma, people die every day.. get over it"

HAHAHA!! oh dear

• My cousin James,5, went to se Charlotte's Web with me in the cinema and once the credits started rolling (after a rather sad ending) I asked 'shall we go?' to which Jamesie responded with his hand to his forehead-

'Not now. I need time to reflect':Dhahaha

"Fairness? Pfft, please! Next thing you'll be asking for good tasting soy-cheese. The nerve of kids today, honestly."

• Last week, Kittycat and I were staying at our Mum's with our kids. At one point, her 2 were hiding behind the sofa - Josh (5 1/2 yrs): "Aunty Anne, I'm invisible!"; Beps (3 yrs): "I'm illivable too!"

• soon after a discussion about age and death my friends little boy, who's 5, pointed at an elderly lady on the bus and said, very loudly,
    "look mummy she's gonna die soon!"

LOL superb. Say it like it is, child :thumbup:

The two year old Niece Child has a cold at the moment. She frankly informed me this morning that this is because her 'nose is sad'.

A kid with a snotty nose has never been more endearing. Bless.

Oh, here is another classic moment featuring some Ukulele Magic between my sister and her small daughter, who is not having any of it!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Simbelmyne: Sentimental aunty film moment. Humour me. ().

• Ah sleeptalking is fab! When I was a kid I fell asleep on the sofa with my brother in the living room watching the telly. I was shouting at him because he wouldn't take the pig to the park. We do not have a pig. Actually when I say kid... it was last week... and I'm 22.

• Joe was telling me today about his other grannies cats, one of which has a bad paw and he said " but he is really old so he should just die" :D

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Recently my 3 had chickenpox. We went to visit my SIL one day and when we got there my neice had her friend (5) over to play. As we were not sure if the friend had had chickenpox before I asked her if she had had them. She thought for a moment then announced that no, she had not ever had chickenpox.....beacause she was a vegetarian LOL bless her!

• Recently my 3 had chickenpox. We went to visit my SIL one day and when we got there my neice had her friend (5) over to play. As we were not sure if the friend had had chickenpox before I asked her if she had had them. She thought for a moment then announced that no, she had not ever had chickenpox.....beacause she was a vegetarian LOL bless her!

Haha awww - brilliant! :D

• Ronnie at Trevstock was telling Tigerdaddy about being a season ticket holder for football. He was telling us that he ignores the swearing at the matches but he knows what the words mean. The he turned round and said "what is a wanker anyway?"

• Ronnie at Trevstock was telling Tigerdaddy about being a season ticket holder for football. He was telling us that he ignores the swearing at the matches but he knows what the words mean. The he turned round and said "what is a wanker anyway?"

sorry but the second i read this it reminded me of this [youtube]SjKBqKK4Ub8[/youtube]

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

Aah yes how we laughed....... :damn: :D

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• at 3-4 years old the loudest fog horn in the nativity play

"AWAY IN A MANGER NO CRISPS IN THE BED"

Years later when singing in a dance show, singing oh susanna

"AND WHEN I MEET A FAIRYYYYYY" (actuall lyrics, "when I'm dead and burried."

There were many more, I had very bad hearing as a child, well still do!

I also thought Dame Edna Everage was my grand mother, (maternal)

The younger of my two older sisters went to university in cornwall then got a scollership to a uni in amsterdamn, thus to my young self, cornwall was in amsterdam :D

Also, I thought for years that Neighbours was set in scotland, as it is set in "Erinsborough" and again with my crap hearing that was Edinburgh! Wasnt untill susan said they were flying UP to london I asked my mum saying surly they are flying DOWN to london......and the truth came out!

I

• I once asked a friends daughter aged about 3 "How do you think I should have my hair cut?" She looked at me as if it was a trick question and said nervously "With scissors ?"

Child once described a cloud of midges as looking like snowflakes....still don't like them but it makes me smile every time I see some !

• Though Joe didnt say this he had a spelling test at school last week (every week!) got the test sheet here......all welsh words one of them was "cynt" which I think means first, he got this one wrong cos he wrote......cunt.......... :D

• Though Joe didnt say this he had a spelling test at school last week (every week!) got the test sheet here......all welsh words one of them was "cynt" which I think means first, he got this one wrong cos he wrote......cunt.......... :D

Hahaha awesome :D