Had my scan today :D :D

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• We thought little-un was 18 weeks, but it turns out he/she is 21 weeks!!!!
    Bit of a surprise, but a nice one.
    We got to see the face and everything. The legs and nose look like daddies and the chin looks like mine ( from what we can see)

I have been in manic nesting mode the past 3 days. Which hasto be a miracle of some kind in this heat. I have done all the washing in the house, cleaned all the bedding, sorted out various cupboards, hoovered upstairs, sorted out all the clothes that I can no longer fit my bump in, and right now I am sorting through all my old paintings I did in college and maybe hang some up later!!!!

• Oh Arlia, how lovely. You're over half-way there now :) Enjoy the experience, its like no other. And its fab you're getting lots of things done now, if you're anything like I was it'll be too uncomfortable near the end to do much!

Much love and light to you, sweet one.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• awww thats wonderful your only a couple of weeks behind me lol!!!! take it you didnt want to find out what he/she was then? lol i bet your so excited!!! and i know about the nesting it hasnt stopped for me for weeks i just keep tidyin and gettin annoyed when things arent tidy lol............ big congrats hun!!!

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• Yeah I have a due date now :)
    12th Nov they think. Its weird to think that I am half way there already, as we didnt know I was pregnant for quite some time ( irregular periods :mad: ) So to know I dont haveto wait that long is really nice :D :D

Yeah was amazing what you could see.
    Little one didnt seem to like the lady poking my belly with that scanning thigamy
    we kept getting a large foot poke back!!! Its nice to see him/her wriggle about. I feel it now and again, but to see it is something quite different.

Im trying to get as much done as possible, because I am guessing once the weather gets colder I will lose motivation like I do every year for housework

• Lol, I remember the nesting mode thing, having this great desire to get cleaning the oven and making everything just right :D good to get everything tidy and sorted before baby is born :)

• awww thats wonderful your only a couple of weeks behind me lol!!!! take it you didnt want to find out what he/she was then? lol i bet your so excited!!! and i know about the nesting it hasnt stopped for me for weeks i just keep tidyin and gettin annoyed when things arent tidy lol............ big congrats hun!!!

We didnt want to find out what the baby was, its just nice to know everything is normal and healthy looking :)
    Im guessing its a boy though, but I could be wrong.
    Il just stick to unisex dungarees and tye dye and I cant go wrong

• good on ya hun, im too nosey and people were annoying me so i had to find out lol........ its making things easier to buy but i can see why some choose not to find out i do love a good suprise lol!

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• Whats great is that no one else in the family has a birthday in november :D :D :D
    which is ace.

Yeah EVERYONE wants to know, and everyone has been asking. Im happy either way really, but I have always wanted it to be a surprise, its kinda fun to keep everyone guessing. Its funny how excited everyone is for us. Its a good thing we are in no hurry to buy things, as I think by the time everyone knows this baby will have most of the things it needs for a while

• Don't let anyone bother you about you not finding out - it must be wonderful for it to be a surprise! I had to find out, but that was just something I wanted. I stil prepared myself for a possible boy because they say they can't confirm the sex anyway. I think that's to do with the very occasional error and people getting angry, and also the cultural thingummies sometimes... Surprise is good!

And so is tie dye for multicoloured unisex-ness!

Did you get any pics? And do you have any name ideas for either sex?

• We opted not to find out either, and quite a lot of people were surprised about that. Don't ask me how, but I knew I was having a boy though - I'd have been amazed if he'd come out without dangly bits! In fact he did have a few pink babygrows when he was tiny - he wasn't bothered by what colour he was wearing!

This thread makes me smile :D

• heheh well today I am feeling a little slower. But I am proud of what I achieved in my 3 day cleaning frenzy!!!

I managed to sort out 3 rooms that were basically being used as storage rooms with a little corner to sleep in! LOL

Now all 3 are back to being bedrooms, the rest of the house looks like utter shite still, but the weekend is a time for resting this week :D and there is always plenty of time next week.