i have mastitis :(

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• and maya has oral thrush so my nips have thrush too

got a raft of medicines for me and her

i need a medal the size of a dustbin lid for keeping going with the feeding :angel: no wonder its all been so sore...

• sending lots of kisses to pumpkins nipples :D

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• lol thanx stardust - make em air kisses though - you dont want this!!!

just gave maya the first of her drops for her mouth - i dont think they taste very nice - they certainly smell minging - her poor wee face! the things we have to do to our kids for the best :(

• big big hugs you are a legend for keeping going but thats the best thing to do for mastitis anyways i think :hug: hope it all sorts itself out soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Well done you!

Remember, that you are doing amazing things for Maya, things that no formula can do. And *you* are amazing for doing it :)

For the mastitis, rest as much as you can (I know thats unlikely with the move, but still), lie in bed and do nothing with Maya but feed if you can.
    Be good to yourself.

Uma x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• ouch! that sounds really horrible!
    you must be a super mum to carry on feeding, hun.

hope things start going better for both you and the little one.
    :hug:

• aw hun, poor you.. and maya.. well done for keeping going tho, I know how important it is for you.. do what everyone is saying, have some rest, and sensi's advice is really good.. apparently cabbage leaves are good for hot boobs, I used them when I was feeding Phoebe.. although get smooth ones.. matt got me savoy, so I ended up with crinkly boobs! :o:D

• well done for mentioning the cabbage ,i just came back to type just that :)

but i found the greener the better .
    them big fat green greens they is good ,take a leaf of the cabbage,straight from the fridge,straight into your bra
    ahhhhh relief.

• Oh no! That sounds ghastley. Well done for keeping going though. *sends virtual "well done" sickers and extra helpings of Brownie points*

I'm sure you're feeling overwhelmed with information/advice at the moment, but I'm about to give you some more. My breastfeeding supporter thought I would be at risk of getting mastitis as I had rather over-productive boobs at the beginning (in fact I managed to avoid it, though goodness knows how), and she recommended that if one part of my breast became particularly hard or lumpy, trying to get Aiken to latch on with his bottom jaw against the lumpy bit, even if it meant negotiating a funny position. She said the action of the baby's jaw in feeding is a bit like a massage and can help to clear the lumpiness up.

• But remember to cut a hold for your nipple in the cabbage-otherwise it'll be all damp and encourage the thrush which is not what you want right now!

Hope its feeling much better now mama.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• thank you everyone :hug: having me peeps here always makes thing easier to bear...

how you doin today chick? any better? big loves n gentle huggles x x x x x x x

yes a little - still sore as fuck though! i keep saying to myself i gave birth with no drugs - i can do this!!!

• can't be arsed with it all right now - i'm fucking exhausted but i'm carrying on anyway - s'what i do innit? tenacious to the last (or a fucking stubborn cow)

• I know it's hard at the minute, but you're doing so well to keep going.

If you are able to stick at it, in the long run it really will be worth it, beleive me. I came so close to giving up on the breastfeeding a number of times when Aiken was tiny, however, now it's the easiest thing in the world and much easier than faffing about with bottles and formula or breast pumps would have been. I wish there could have been a way to show myself when I was at my lowest, most desperate, most disillusioned point how much better things would get.

It will get better, I promise.

• I know it's hard at the minute, but you're doing so well to keep going.

If you are able to stick at it, in the long run it really will be worth it, beleive me. I came so close to giving up on the breastfeeding a number of times when Aiken was tiny, however, now it's the easiest thing in the world and much easier than faffing about with bottles and formula or breast pumps would have been. I wish there could have been a way to show myself when I was at my lowest, most desperate, most disillusioned point how much better things would get.

It will get better, I promise.

:hug:

• Dont know if any one has mentioned this already, but now that I am going to be a mama, the subject of breast feeding has come up with my mums friends. One of the them today mentioned that she had mastitis and upping her dose of vitamin C seemed to help :)

Hope the ladies are starting to feel much better soon