Solfest 2009

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Yes, me and my mate Jammer are going.....still planning what style flag to put on my tent so I can find my way back :D

Will let yer know when Ive decided....anyone is free to visit us :)

• The wife and i went last year and we would go agian if there was spare cash about at the time.:hippy:

• They are still looking for stewards, so anyone who fancies doing a little bit of "work" in return for free entry into a lovely festie; get applyin'.

• They are still looking for stewards, so anyone who fancies doing a little bit of "work" in return for free entry into a lovely festie; get applyin'.

I might give it a try Cheers:hippy:

• yes we will be there again, we love this festival and always steward there.
    picked up a flyer this weekend - kula shaker:D miles hunt:D ade edmondson and the bad shepherds:D anti nowhere league:D seth lakeman:D buzzcocks:D the charlatans:D shooglenifty:D
    and the eco-sauna is bliss...........:p
    fully recommend this one, we have been 4 times i think and always have a great time there :D

• Just got back and I suspect all the mud on the last day wasn't purely mud......its had a distinct cow shit smell about it lol :D

Great time was had....

• Any feed back on this one then!!! The cogs in my head have just about started to move together again!!! What a mental bunch of people!!! Its my third year on the trot and i will be back again for more pain thats for sure!!!

"We come in peace" they said, to dig and sow we come to work the lands in common and to make the wastegrounds grow this earth divided, we will make whole so it will be a common treasury for all.

• It is one of the best festivals around. The weather was a bit raw this year but it'll still be the first ticket on my shopping list for next "summer"!:hippy:

• :DNot mental just know how to have a good time......

quote=Mahdlo;806689]Any feed back on this one then!!! The cogs in my head have just about started to move together again!!! What a mental bunch of people!!! Its my third year on the trot and i will be back again for more pain thats for sure!!![/quote]

• Naaaa! Definitely mental, i come from the same town as a fair few of them.....

"We come in peace" they said, to dig and sow we come to work the lands in common and to make the wastegrounds grow this earth divided, we will make whole so it will be a common treasury for all.

• You enjoyed the festival then Suze.... What was the highlight for yourself and did you catch the striptease demo and drink any of that frog spunk coctail in the Bedlam bood~wah!, oh, it was'nt called the Bedlam Bood~wah this year....Can't remember the name....

• Diddley Squats fantastic stage-invasion-baiting performance on the drystone was my moment of the entire festival season, not just the best bit of Solfest. Catch it anybody?

• Missed them but heard about it... I saw them at Eden last weekend and it was agood auld knees up.... My Solfest moment, appart from the frog spunk of course was the Anti Knowwhere league on Sunday night.... I love it when a band are so into what they are doing.....