Shamelessly begging for money!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Please sponsor me online at:
    [URL='http://www.justgiving.com/claire-abbeydash']http://www.justgiving.com/claire-abbeydash[/URL]
    Thankyou soooo much ... Hugs xxxxxx

Now in its 21st year, the Help the Aged Leeds Abbey Dash!!!

Date: 27 November 2005
    Where your money goes
    Last year the event raised a staggering £40,000, enabling us to fund projects aimed at reducing loneliness and isolation.

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• I bought a help the aged wrist band the daY...

:angel:

I would donate a bit more [but the ATM swallowed my card this morning-honest].. i might before the end date.

Is this vague attempt at seeming to want to do more .. working ?.

• i think its cool thanks:)

we dont all have time to actively go and do things...like demos etc...so giving money if we have it is part of helping out...it's amazing that so many people give so much:)

I dont have much time myself for protesting etc like i used to...so have found stuff like this a good way to keep my fingers in the pie and keep helping in my own way

we all do our bit in our own way dont we:)

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• I try and do my bit... 'Protesting' is not really my cup of tea to be honest.

I do hope you are training well, and taking medical advice..

• Quote from matthew

I try and do my bit... 'Protesting' is not really my cup of tea to be honest.

I do hope you are training well, and taking medical advice..

been training ok til last friday when i got a cold/throaty thing

should be ok to start again in a few days:)

• Quote from Claerie

been training ok til last friday when i got a cold/throaty thing

should be ok to start again in a few days:)

Just after hearing about those runners after the marathon .. the other week. Just wishing to continue communicating with you within this realm [if you know what i mean].

• Quote from matthew

Just after hearing about those runners after the marathon .. the other week. Just wishing to continue communicating with you within this realm [if you know what i mean].

well it shouldnt be too warm in november...which was part of the problem with the northern run

plus, i already do 5k runs (on top of one hour training sessions) so am prepared for what it entails

will be building up to 10k cross country runs over the coming weeks

my legs are hard as rocks:broc:

• I am glad your fit healthy and wise [and your legs are as hard as rocks].

• Hey Claire, if I'm gonna be the one taking the photo of you absolutely knackered after the run like I promised :D I'm gonna have to know where I need to be. Where does the run finish? I'll probably check the page and find out the second after I send this reply, but ah well...

(edit) Leeds Town Hall? Or Kirkstall Town Hall? Leeds isn't even a town! Ack!

• Does look a bit slack eh Perthite. Quite a few forumers gave Claire a pat on the back, over in the last place though.

Where is she anyway ?

Only a few weeks now Claire, 10K runs yet ? :)

• Thanks kate, becki and Perthite :badger:

Quote from Dapablo

Only a few weeks now Claire, 10K runs yet ? :)

Did my first 6 mile run on Sunday....OMG IT WASN'T PRETTY!!!!!!!!!:sos:

Sponsership's tipped over £100 online,... and I have £130 from sponsers back home... so we've got to £230 already!!!!! :badger: and still yet to go round work...

If anyone fancies a laugh... come see the run on the 27th... I will look like shit after it for sure so many an embarrassing photo opportunity
    guaranteed :mrgreen: :o :mrgreen:

Help the Aged sent an email the week before last thanking everyone for their donations so far... so big big thanks:mrgreen:

Lots O Love Clairexxx

• I'm gonna have a disposable camera with me, and I'll try to do a video interview with my phone if Claire can manage it :D

• My brother used to come across the line frothing at the mouth.
    Make sure you get access to a mirror lady, it might not be pretty. :)

• Quote from Perthite

you can call me by my real name you know:P

I wouldn't be so presumptious. :)

Now theres this thing with me and names....

• Quote from Perthite

you can call me by my real name you know:P

Thanks Paddy...*sloppy kisses*:reddevil: :insane:

• I did it!!!

Just collecting all the cash in... made nearly £600 so far... Thanks for your support.

It's the Leeds Half Marathon next :insane:

• Quote from Dapablo

:wave: :clap: Well done, now all we need is the photo to prove it. :)

Hmm well... photos were supposed to have been taken of every runner... but when I looked up my name it's not me in the photo :(

I wrote to sportscam to tell them, but they just said it was hard to tie the photos up with the 4500 people that did the run as they go on the bib numbers which are sometimes hard to make out.:mad:

Apparently this lady is me:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm:wiggle: I never do look good in photos, but perlease :insane:

• LOL, don't say I didn't tell you. :)

My brother used to come across the line frothing at the mouth.
    Make sure you get access to a mirror lady, it might not be pretty.

• Quote from Dapablo

LOL, don't say I didn't tell you. :)

I'll make sure I get a photo next time... promise! :frust: :)

Here's the medal anyway

• Quote from Claerie

I'll make sure I get a photo next time... promise! :frust: :)

Bet you say that to all the boys. :)

Hope you are well, doing another ?

• Quote from Dapablo

Bet you say that to all the boys. :)

Hope you are well, doing another ?

Yup def, there's the Leeds 1/2 Marathon next year. I'd love to do the New York Marathon for Get Kids Going but that may have to wait til 2007.

My company sponsored me £325 this time so hopefully they'll keep being a major sponsor *fingers crossed*

The people are so great and it's brilliant doing something that makes a difference immediately to peoples lives.

Plus training means I've given up smoking... bargain!