Gipsies Trash Police Helicopter

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• well im not sorry for saying this fair play to the travellers for standing up and doing something the rest of us are to chicken shit to do and fighting back and reclaiming your rights with force if nessasary.
    people are complaining on loads of sites except the police sites about the behaviour and the way theyre acting as if theyre above the law!if the police actually done there jobs for a change instead of hitting stupid targets for litter throwers then maybe they would get some respect as it is its not just the gypsies that are pissed off with them its becoming more and more apparent its everyone.

• This pedantic pikey feels obliged to respond.How is you hating a group of people you dont know because of your prejudice any different than others hating travellers,or immigrants,or any other disperate group of people thrown together by a label?

Firstly your making me sound like a racist dailymail reader, which pisses me off beause im not racist or predudice in eny way shape or form. Anyway the point i was trying to get across, Genraly traveling hippy type's are lovely people, i have met meny, there respectful polite and genrally dont cause any trouble, but localy we have had a load of scumy gypsys, not nice ones in nice buses, horrible, rude theiving ones that absolutly wreaked the site they dicided to stay on.

Taking Life To Seriously? Just Remember We Are Talking Monkeys On An Organic Spaceship.

• This pedantic pikey feels obliged to respond.How is you hating a group of people you dont know because of your prejudice any different than others hating travellers,or immigrants,or any other disperate group of people thrown together by a label?

right, my two pence worth on this one, firstly , 'predudice'. hmmmm. now who is judging without knowing the full story. there is a certian type of travvling group that causes problems round here and its those few that give people just cuse for being fucked off. this particular group of people he refers to were a menace, they set fire to shit that wasnt theres to burn, nasty stuff that let off a lot of smoke and was not enviromentally friendly, stole stuff, damaged cars up the road...(yes, it was them...caught on CCTV as it happens) left the site in such a rotten mess the doctors next door were warned it was becoming a health hazard because of the rats and rubbish piling up there....it was horrible, knowing them as people had fuck all to do with thier behaviour. i'd be as pissed off if my neighbour left our common space like that.

on the opposite side, near me i have a lovely travellers site. its clean, the dogs are kept from chasing passers by, theres no trouble and people just get on with life. dont think either of us have a problem with that, at all. hating a certain type of behaviour is not predudiced, its justified, that this behaviour is repeated time and again by this group and a few others round here on and off is reason for disliking them. its not lumping all travellers as a problem, its the few who do cause shit that piss us off and fiar enough. being a traveller does not make you a thief or a a litter lout etc, but these ones just happen to be both.

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• Quote from Moon Cheese

Firstly your making me sound like a racist dailymail reader, which pisses me off beause im not racist or predudice in eny way shape or form.

Um..

Quote from Moon Cheese

'I Fuckin hate Pikeys'

Hows that not prejudice?I was only responding to what you posted.If you dont want to come across that way choose different words.You didnt specify that you were talking about a particular group of gypsys that youve had trouble with.

Quote from Enigma rising

firstly , 'predudice'. hmmmm. now who is judging without knowing the full story.

No judgement going on here :) I was responding to what he said is all.

hating a certain type of behaviour is not predudiced, its justified,

Your brother didnt say he hated the behaviour,he said he hated 'pikeys'.

Theres a clear divide in how people,including on here,differentiate between new travellers and gypsy/pikeys.The first are 'like us',theyre friendly,polite,no trouble.Which is obviously bollocks coz theres as many twats in the new travelling community as anywhere else.The latter are thieving scum that we try to distance ourselves from because theyre not 'like us'.

But if a few families on a council estate were behaving like that it wouldnt be right to hate council estate families.So why is ok to hate 'pikeys' because a particular group of them cause trouble? Why is even ok to use the word as a term of abuse/disgust?

• Firstly your making me sound like a racist dailymail reader, which pisses me off beause im not racist or predudice in eny way shape or form. Anyway the point i was trying to get across, Genraly traveling hippy type's are lovely people, i have met meny, there respectful polite and genrally dont cause any trouble, but localy we have had a load of scumy gypsys, not nice ones in nice buses, horrible, rude theiving ones that absolutly wreaked the site they dicided to stay on.

Unfortunately mate you're making the same mistake that I made when I joined this site of separating groups and giving them them names....travelling hippy types (nice)....gypsies(scum)

You might want to take a quick look through here to get the idea why folks are getting upset about your generalising.....

• I guess its where we come from, i've always heard pikeys used to describe the kind of people who do cause trouble, and travellers to refer to any other kind of mobile community. as for one group being like us...well yeah, i guess, if that means generally respectful and being tolerable to live next to, yeah....the other group are not like me cos i dont believe in treating other peoples property like shit and behaving in a generally unsociable manner. there is a distinction, although its not one just for travelling folks, its a general one that applies to all human beings, where they live may afford them a sterotype, but it doesnt make them all the same.

actually, if you re-read the post he said "i fuckin hate pikeys" and then went on to clarify...'I Fuckin hate Pikeys' i got nothin against travelling folks, but the barstard theiving ones that turn up in shity old cravans in droves, and then distroy there surroundings i hate"

prehaps the work pikey was misused here, but he made it pretty clear what he meant by the term. and it seems its different from the way you use it. it quite clearly (to me) not an attack on all people you define as pikeys, but against a sub-section of tpeople who destroy the surroundings and abuse the locals. and the phrase 'travelling folks' is different to travellers' as a named group in the way you put it there.

take the word pikey out of the equasion...and what have we got, a group of poeple with no respect for the environment, who leave nothing but crap behind when they move on, could be applied to many situations, and that is what should be causing the outrage, not the assumption of sterotyping.

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• No stolen goods were found!

This seems to me to be quite a crucial point. If the people concerned were actually guilty of thieving loads of stuff, then I am happy to accept that the police could have had justification to survey their site using the helicopter. Though, I have to agree, that if they suspected stolen cars were stored at the site, surely they could find this out by just going up there in a squad car?

However, If not, then it seems much more likely that the police were harrassing them.

The article does not seem to make clear whether the stolen stuff was eventually found.

• Thank you.

Taking Life To Seriously? Just Remember We Are Talking Monkeys On An Organic Spaceship.

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moon Cheese
    Firstly your making me sound like a racist dailymail reader, which pisses me off beause im not racist or predudice in eny way shape or form.

Posted by Medusa
    Um..

The quote is from a film by the way, it perfectly descibed the point i was making, that some gypsys are not nice people, asumptions make arses of us all, and i asumed people would know the quote, and just to Ad 'Um' r u inplying im predudice and racist?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Moon_Cheese ().

• Quote from Moon Cheese

The quote is from a film by the way, it perfectly descibed the point i was making, that some gypsys are not nice people, asumptions make arses of us all, and i asumed people would know the quote, and just to Ad 'Um' r u inplying im predudice and racist?

Some people are not nice people ffs.And I'm not implying anything,I'm responding to the words youre using.If youre not prejudice or racist theres sod all to get defensive about :rolleyes:

• Some people are not nice people ffs.And I'm not implying anything,I'm responding to the words youre using.If youre not
    prejudice or racist theres sod all to get defensive about :rolleyes:

Im fed up with this now, the words i said were, r u implying im racist and prejudice, and u replyed to them (um..) which made me sound like those things, which upset me, can we please leave this to die now, this is a classic case of the internet misleading what poeple say, beacuse some of us cant type what we think acratly.

• I attended our Treefest committee meeting two years ago.
    The chairman commented on how fking outrageous it was that the police could park their helicopter at the rear of a detached bungalow, just up the road from his house.

I was pleased to inform him that the helicopter belonged to my mates gypsy family... Too many anti gypsies in this world. Not only do they get the blame for making the nails for the crucifixion, but also for laying all tarmac roads that lead to festivals.

• Outstanding!! :clap:

I always enjoy comming back and having a read of what is going on in our community!

Oh, Jim Bean - welcome :waves:, looking forward to meeting you. Do yourself a favour and don't call me 'fucking scum' when you do, you won't like the results. Prejudice much? :thumbup:

The link is just a journalist article and does not have the actual facts plus reading many of the posts most have no clue of what is going on and why. But that's to be expected and noted with the many 'assume' 'think' ; I imagine' and so on and so forth! - Good ole Coyote your always good for a chuckle :waves:. How's that hot woman of yours doing?

It has taken me years of meeting people to understand as much as I do now so am sure my work is just as alien. But enough of the paranoid rambles of Beyond Good and Evil and the death of god. Back to what has happened.

A Police hellicopper got trashed.

Excellent!! This really helps justification in the budget demands for more security around the Chopper and more Uniform on the ground :thumbup:. Direct Action DOES have an effect but it will not be the effect they want.

Thanks gang! Was an ineteresting and funny read. I always do like reading about the views of people and such passion even if sometimes misplaced.

Starsy and Wee - Hope you are feeling better babes and am off for 3 days and will TRY and make it up to see you for a cuppa and a hug :hug:

• Starsy and Wee - Hope you are feeling better babes and am off for 3 days and will TRY and make it up to see you for a cuppa and a hug :hug:

Careful, there's pig flu in Scotland ;)

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Lets hope for you it is airborn, when I sneeze it would just go over your head little fella :pp or perhaps it has a weakness for hot air, in that case am off to your house, I know am safe there! :whistle:

This house may be many things...but "safe for plod" is not one of them :whistle:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Starsy and Wee - Hope you are feeling better babes and am off for 3 days and will TRY and make it up to see you for a cuppa and a hug :hug:

if you dont i'm gonna wait till i'm better then kick your fuckin arse!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• if you dont i'm gonna wait till i'm better then kick your fuckin arse!

Mrs James!! :hug: Yes Dear will make sure my arse gets up that way. I just got back off nights so I will be sleeping today (now that am done slapping little Coyote about). So I will give you a call when I wake up and sort something out. You well enough to play on the bike for a bit?

Will sort all that when I call :hug: am 'hogging' the thread again :o

• now that am done slapping little Coyote about

What would policing be without a little slapping around....

• James don't you think that as you are the only police officer (that I know of) on the boards that you would have made a better impression by actually discussing the accusations made against the police (the harassment of gypsy's, misuse of resources) rather than making inflammatory comments... :angel:

I know the police force is under attack atm and that must be hard for you, but you know the saying there is no smoke without fire, and you seem to be reflecting the exact attitude which seems to be prevalent within the police force... and it is that attitude IMO, that is leading to the police force generally being seen as being 'out of control'... 'abusing their power' etc... ;)

• and the paranoia :whistle: Hand in hand they played the tune for the masses to dance to. Sung upon the hills and whispered in the shadows for all to fear.

Erm, pardon?

• Starting to wish i started this thread now, but i reckon if i did not someone else would have sooner or later.
    Can the bitching stop now please. :hippy:

• James don't you think that as you are the only police officer (that I know of) on the boards that you would have made a better impression by actually discussing the accusations made against the police (the harassment of gypsy's, misuse of resources) rather than making inflammatory comments... :angel:

Tekykin! I was wondering how many reads you would have before you popped in babes. No is the answer as there was nothing in that article that had anything substansive or independant in the accusations that people have made. I read the posts and all the accusations have been based on ' I think' ' I assume' 'I imagine' you can't answer someones prejudice without facts and there are no facts that are being talked about, just guess work that the poilce flew over just to bug them! Am not part of that team, so I don't know and if I don't know then I say it is a guess. Me being a Police Officer does not mean that I feel the need to answer every unfounded idea that people have, I will and do give my opinion based on what I see if that helps in the debate.

Being a rather long standing member I have answered in the pass remarks made about pigs and so on but in this debate there was nothing of substance to make a debate on either side, just guess work and am not really that worried about what impression it makes. Am not one to say something just to fit it :) That means on here and in work.

If my comments are taken as inflamitory (Coyote aside seeing how we often have fun teasing eachother over the years) then that may say more about the perception of the reader than anything else.

I know the police force is under attack atm and that must be hard for you, but you know the saying there is no smoke without fire, and you seem to be reflecting the exact attitude which seems to be prevalent within the police force... and it is that attitude IMO, that is leading to the police force generally being seen as being 'out of control'... 'abusing their power' etc... ;)

At the moment? When was the Police Service not under 'attack'? That's nothing new and not hard for me at all in the least hun. It happens all the time and on every single shift I meet someone that wants to have a pop about something. It's part of the job and you rise above it and indeed some of it is well founded.

There is that word 'seem' it's a perception that you have and to what attitude? I speak and I am not overly serious unless it is due. This is a topic about a Police Chopper getting broken, no great shakes in the grand ideal of things and I have always thought that Direct Action will not work to change an ideal to the best effect with lasting results.

Being 'seen' is again a perception, now obviously I have another perception as I don't see it being out of control, that to me sounds rather dramtic and perhaps that is the desired effect. What I do see is a lot of issues that still need to be challenged and the amount of progress that has already been made :thumbup: