Gipsies Trash Police Helicopter

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• hmmmmmmm

perhaps u should start ur own dictionary thread and let us know your definitions of words cos mabee then we will all be able to talk politically correct and to ur standards

Is that directed at me honey, sorry if I have upset you.

• hmmmmmmm

perhaps u should start ur own dictionary thread and let us know your definitions of words cos mabee then we will all be able to talk politically correct and to ur standards

:confused:

Politically correct? Me? You really ARE new here :reddevil::whistle:

What I am asking you to do is *think* about the concepts/words used (such as "violence" and "negative") and the way that people can only be pushed so far. Also that the police have a record of overstepping the mark and in the beginnings of the modern "alternative" movement direct action against inannimate objects was not PC'd into "violence" but recognised as sabotage.

Ah, another "you arnt a real hippy, cos you dont think like I do" :whistle:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• i never said anyone wasnt a hippy
    must be ur interpretation cos i deff never said they words

an re dictionaRY well i was meaning in a way thats politically and philosophically correct to u coyote
    soz i didnt realise u could only dish but not understand sarcasm
    lol

• i never said anyone wasnt a hippy
    must be ur interpretation cos i deff never said they words

"Bigot"
    "arrogant single minded dictatorial twats"
    :whistle:

an re dictionaRY well i was meaning in a way thats politically and philosophically correct to u coyote

No, because I am not telling you how to define the words within simplistic, strict and narrow ways. Rather I am suggesting you are using the words in simplistic, strict and narrow ways when presuming that direct action against an inanimate object is inherently "violent" (the latter being an overused word that would be akin to labelling all anger as "raging berserk frenzy"). By using the term violent so easily the ante is being upped in a manner that suits a govt agenda (all direct action is a form of violence (some even now label it as "terrorism")) that the police themselves also serve.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• There is some realy nasty anti traveller vibes here, I find this odd but i'm new to this site, No stolen goods were found!

'The attack followed weeks of aerial surveillance on a travellers’ site where swish stolen cars and nicked goods are believed to be stashed.'

This was Police harassment, it costs over a
    £1000 an hour to keep a chopper in the air, that's your money. If the cop's are coming to get you, they sure don't let you know there coming, like look at us were the pigs flying right over head, great if the did, you'd never get busted.

How would you feel if these scum woke your kids up at night playing silly buggers in a helicopter? maybe if you'd had a lifetime of racist abuse and harassment you would want to react as well.

Well done mob members unknown, high time the pigs got there's. If your on this site playing at being Hippies you have nothing to fear, if your for real then your in the firing line too! Go check out 'the battle in the beanfield'

• Quote from Mandrake

There is some realy nasty anti traveller vibes here,

There arent.Theres people expressing their opinions about this particular situation,not all of which I agree with,but which they have a right to post.

You might want to stick around a bit before judging..the battle of the beanfield is hardly new info for most of us :rolleyes:

• yes but such toys are acctually needed sometimes and now they cant be used

Can you remind me when was the last time that a police helicopter was actually used successfully as an aid to society, as in finding a lost child or catching a dangerous criminal? Can you point me to the right direction of some reading on the matter, cause I don't seem to remember any such incident.

• "The attack followed weeks of aerial surveillance on a travellers’ site where swish stolen cars and nicked goods are believed to be stashed." (from the linked-to web site)

It doesnt take weeks of surveillance to catch gypsies with nicked stuff :D this sounds more like harassment by the plod (who are quite happy to turn it on you an me if we protest as well).

Couldn't agree more!

• Can you remind me when was the last time that a police helicopter was actually used successfully as an aid to society, as in finding a lost child or catching a dangerous criminal? Can you point me to the right direction of some reading on the matter, cause I don't seem to remember any such incident.

You might want to take a look here.....just one constabularies helicopter movements.......

And Googling 'police helicopter operations' then selecting 'pages from the UK' will give a fairly comprehensive listing of links to police forces and their helicopter movements.....

I was always taught to respect my elders but it keeps getting harder to find one.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stardusts Dad ().

• There arent.Theres people expressing their opinions about this particular situation,not all of which I agree with,but which they have a right to post.

You might want to stick around a bit before judging..the battle of the beanfield is hardly new info for most of us :rolleyes:

I will be, but some of what I first read did sound like it came from storm front, not all Travellers thieves, some may do sometimes, so what, your MP just had his moat cleaned at your expense!.

• Quote from Mandrake

The first thread I posted on here was on the bean field thread and it did look like it was news to lot's of folk!

Look,if you have more wisdom than the rest of us the way to share that isnt by jumping in and shouting the odds because you think people are being anti traveller/pretend hippies/naive wannabes or whatever the hell else people think when they join up and find not everyone thinks exactly like them all of the time.
    This is a community not a random message board,and waiting till youve got to know the site a bit before deciding what we all think is just common sense.That maybe should be on the sign up page :rolleyes:

Welcome by the way :whistle::hippy:

• The first thread I posted on here was on the bean field thread and it did look like it was news to lot's of folk!

It was to some like me but then again a lot of people on this site were there and know all about it first hand.....

I wouldn't think anyone here is anti traveller (I used to be but this lot soon put me right) but, reading through the post, a lot of us can do without the bad impression that this sort of behaviour sends out.

Helicopters cost a bomb to operate and no police force....especially in the current economic climate, is going to waste public money flying them around just for the sake of it.

• Quote from Stardusts Dad

Helicopters cost a bomb to operate and no police force....especially in the current economic climate, is going to waste public money flying them around just for the sake of it.

:eek: Since when has wasting public money been a reason not to do something?

*They* obviously feel justified in this surveillance.The question is whether their actions are actually justifiable,and whether the gypsys had any right to 'fight back'.

There arent enough facts in that story to make a determination either way,but its a fair enough question to ask,rather than just assuming the gypsys are in the wrong.

• Look,if you have more wisdom than the rest of us the way to share that isnt by jumping in and shouting the odds because you think people are being anti traveller/pretend hippies/naive wannabes or whatever the hell else people think when they join up and find not everyone thinks exactly like them all of the time.
    This is a community not a random message board,and waiting till youve got to know the site a bit before deciding what we all think is just common sense.That maybe should be on the sign up page :rolleyes:

Welcome by the way :whistle::hippy:

That's me with a kickin' thank you for your welcome, I did deserve that, sorry, no good to come in all mouthy, pleased to meet you :waves:

• :eek: Since when has wasting public money been a reason not to do something?

*They* obviously feel justified in this surveillance.The question is whether their actions are actually justifiable,and whether the gypsys had any right to 'fight back'.

There arent enough facts in that story to make a determination either way,but its a fair enough question to ask,rather than just assuming the gypsys are in the wrong.

Totally agree but something must have raised their suspicions to make them carry out the surveillance in the first place.

On the other hand the local chief constable might live nearby and he's asked them to do it to 'drive those nasty traveller types away'

Obviously if there is an ongoing operation they're not going to be too open about it anyway.

• I think this is a battle of morals, survalence is not right, but it can save lives and catch crims, but if the gypsys were criminals and the coppers had evidence the survalence was nessicery, i think it was fuckin out of order to do what the gypsys did, please ignor this if you like gypsys that wreak there surroundings and steal from grannys and shops, (which i doubt) 'I Fuckin hate Pikeys' i got nothin against travelling folks, but the barstard theiving ones that turn up in shity old cravans in droves, and then distroy there surroundings i hate

Taking Life To Seriously? Just Remember We Are Talking Monkeys On An Organic Spaceship.

• Quote from Mandrake

That's me with a kickin' thank you for your welcome, I did deserve that, sorry, no good to come in all mouthy, pleased to meet you :waves:

You caught me at a bad moment :S I'm harmless usually..
    Pleased to meet you too ;)

Quote from Stardusts Dad

something must have raised their suspicions to make them carry out the surveillance in the first place.

You might be right,but isnt that a dangerous assumption? Because it suggests the authoritys are unquestionabley above board..

• Quote from Moon Cheese

'I Fuckin hate Pikeys' i got nothin against travelling folks, but the barstard theiving ones that turn up in shity old cravans in droves, and then distroy there surroundings i hate

This pedantic pikey feels obliged to respond.How is you hating a group of people you dont know because of your prejudice any different than others hating travellers,or immigrants,or any other disperate group of people thrown together by a label?

• You might be right,but isnt that a dangerous assumption? Because it suggests the authoritys are unquestionabley above board..

it's devil and the deep blue sea........if they did nothing for fear of being wrong and the criminals got away with it they'd be blamed.......that's the whole trouble with this world, no ones perfect

• On the other hand the local chief constable might live nearby and he's asked them to do it to 'drive those nasty traveller types away'

I was just thinking of that! Either him or one of his mates.. Not at all unlikely, since abuse of power seems to be considered within their rights nowadays..

• You might want to take a look here.....just one constabularies helicopter movements.......

And Googling 'police helicopter operations' then selecting 'pages from the UK' will give a fairly comprehensive listing of links to police forces and their helicopter movements.....

Good to see they actually bother publicly disclosing their exact movements..

However, it might be just me being funny, but those specific listings don't seem that convincing as "public service"... Most of them are described as "suspect surveillance" or something similarly generic..

If someone was to write up something like that for the helicopter over the gypsy camp, do you think they'd go with:

A) Suspect surveillance

or

B) traveller scum harassment

??

It's not so much what you do, but how you "market" it...

• Quote from JimBeam

Most of them are described as "suspect surveillance" or something similarly generic..

Now would that mean surveillance of suspects or surveillance that was suspect in its motives :D

I thought the idea of surveillance for evidence gathering was to watch without the suspects knowing though.Helicopter flapping around enough to piss off said suspects is hardly discreet..Overt surveillance is to prevent crime isnt it..the 'we're watching,dont start' thing.So the story here doesnt make a lot of sense..