Gipsies Trash Police Helicopter

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• at end of day violence is violence

That is a meaningless statement; of course violence is violence. Not all acts of direct action are "Violent" :rolleyes:

u sit there an condemn the violent and aggressive actions of police and fair enough being a civil servant does not gove anyone the power to bully or dictate
    but
    condoning violence or wot ever ur philosophical deffinition of their action simply gives the impressionthat the ppl carrying out those actions hold violent ethics

Strange as this may be, I dont hold to a fixed notion of "good" and "bad"; they are changable, according to circumstances....but that is also a whole other thread :D

If the police are using their tools to harass I can understand people taking those tools off of them. The gypsies may well have been committing crimes and under surveillance for them, but I wonder how far the plod pushed it....:whistle:

if we want to combat sterotypes ill informed pre conceptions and prejudice then we need to educate ppl to the fact that hippys,travellers bikers etc are not all lazy violent scum but that we are actually nice ppl with nice values and that like all walks of life there are good ppl and bad ppl

I have no interest in combatting anything :D

a culture were violence is seen as acceptable just continues to breed violence

Again, I disagree that this is "Violent" rather than "Direct Action". The word "violence" is often waved around with simplistic abandon.

Quote from Matty

Different argument, but I'll run with it.. So what you're saying is that because there are immoral people who steal in this world, it's ok for everyone to steal?

If you are going to suveil and prosecute a few gypsies for nicking cars, lets see a proportionate level of behaviour for bankers who steal billions..... Its two-faced.

This is a corner very much of their own making.

We dont know that for certain..... I wonder how many flights were made really, given that the plod have history in harassing travellers of all varieties.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

If you are going to suveil and prosecute a few gypsies for nicking cars, lets see a proportionate level of behaviour for bankers who steal billions..... Its two-faced.

I agree that it's two faced, and immoral, but, just because the bankers or any other criminal including our M.P's 'get away with it' it doesn't mean that it's ok for the rest of us to run around behaving in an anti social way,unfortunately we live in a 'do as we say not as we do' society:rolleyes:

We dont know that for certain..... I wonder how many flights were made really, given that the plod have history in harassing travellers of all varieties.

And in some cases the travellers do bring it upon themselves, How about this as a theory.... They have a load of nicked cars that they need to move but can't because of the surveilance, the police know this, the travellers know this, stale mate.
    No chopper, no surveilance, job's a good 'un.

• Without wishing to get into an argument, this does sound like the "gypsies" were cross because they were being harrassed whilst they were going about their business-of storing stuff which was nicked while they worked out where to flog it. As if they have every right to go round nicking things without interference. Whether the bankers should be harrassed is a totally different question, but you still can't have people going round nicking things with impunity.

• I agree that it's two faced, and immoral, but, just because the bankers or any other criminal including our M.P's 'get away with it' it doesn't mean that it's ok for the rest of us to run around behaving in an anti social way,unfortunately we live in a 'do as we say not as we do' society:rolleyes:

Is the alternative a "sit and take it" society? :whistle:

And in some cases the travellers do bring it upon themselves, How about this as a theory.... They have a load of nicked cars that they need to move but can't because of the surveilance, the police know this, the travellers know this, stale mate.
    No chopper, no surveilance, job's a good 'un.

"If you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to hide" :whistle:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• breaking things won't solve anyones problems comunicating with the right people untill compromises can be made will improve things untill a balance can be achieved.

if people put there energy into careing ,teaching and co operating instead of a lazy angry fuck those that aren't me or my people way of fighting things will change.

• Is the alternative a "sit and take it" society? :whistle:
    No,the 'sit and take it' is society we live in, the alternative is to change that society. The gypsies are part of that society, as are the bankers, the M.P,s the old Bill, it all needs changing.

"If you've done nothing wrong, you've nothing to hide" :whistle:

I think I need clarification on that point as i seem to be able to interpret it 2 ways.:).But it would seem that there was something to hide in this case.The gyspies do make themselves an easy target.

• No,the 'sit and take it' is society we live in, the alternative is to change that society. The gypsies are part of that society, as are the bankers, the M.P,s the old Bill, it all needs changing.

Its not a matter of changing society, but rather of dropping the interfering social-engineering mindset that leads to heavyhanded policing in the first place. In the meantime though, people defend themselves when pushed too far - I'm assuming here the gypsies are innocent of the charges (gosh, innocent until proven guilty - that is bordering on heresy these days ;) ) but the attitude goes for the rest of society as well. We appear to be sleepwalking into a heavily policed, and possibly eventually "police", state....

I think I need clarification on that point as i seem to be able to interpret it 2 ways.:).But it would seem that there was something to hide in this case.The gyspies do make themselves an easy target.

They may well have done something to draw suspicion....but then is that ALL of them who were allegedly involved in illegal activity and was the level of surveillance needed for data gathering or was there more to it (not that the plod are ever noted for harassing people :whistle:).

• Quote from matty

The gyspies do make themselves an easy target.

How matty? How more so than an illegal car shifting place (if thats what was going on) anywhere else? How is it ok to lump all gypsys together because of the happenings at this one site?

• I can't see how any good can come of this, it won't stop light fingered people nicking stuff, it won't atop the police hating pikies and it has cost me, Jo Blogs the tax payer a fucking fortune. Great way to deal with a problem. :rolleyes:

'Dropping the interfering social engineering mindset' could be said to changing society, because if that is what we have, then we need to stop it being so, and I can't see any way of doing that other than 'changing' what we have.
    I don't see damaging that chopper as a defensive action, more as an offensive one.
    You didn't tell me what you would do if you were in a similar situation, would you get a group of mates together and go wage war, or would you at least try a less confrontational course of action first?
    [quote]
    They may well have done something to draw suspicion....but then is that ALL of them who were allegedly involved in illegal activity and was the level of surveillance needed for data gathering or was there more to it (not that the plod are ever noted for harassing people :whistle:

I am very aware that old bill harass people, I'm a sitting target for 'em every day, but there has to be an element of mia culpa, if I was more blatent than I am I could expect more attention than I get, wether it's right or wrong is debatable, but it would happen.The gypsies do themselves no favours.

• lol coyote u seem to be quite an arrogant pass remarkable pewrson who doesnt necesarily take into account other ppl as having valid opinions and i so sorry i adapted and conformed to the socially engineered society that uses abbreviations

u have every right to ur opinion but u taking ur self a tad too seriously as a political guru i think

i didnt make any personal attacks on u so i think ur sarcasm a wee bitty unwarented

u sure u on the right sight
    i thought and hoped that a site called uk hippy would be free of arrogant single minded dictatorial twats but OBS i mistakin if i alloud to use short cuts in ur mono belief world

• Quote from matty

The gypsies do themselves no favours.

Matty,man,youre lumping a disperate group of people together and saying its their own damn fault.Thats Daily Mail stuff.

And how blatant were these particular gypsies being? Not very I'd guess if they required weeks of helicopter surveillance to gather 'evidence' against them..

• How matty? How more so than an illegal car shifting place (if thats what was going on) anywhere else? How is it ok to lump all gypsys together because of the happenings at this one site?

I am not saying that it's ok, and I am NOT defending the old bill,but from the old bills standpoint where's the pay off?because a fair proportion of gypsys in the past have been caught out, they are an easy target.I say again, they do themselves no favours.
    If that is to change then the old bill need to pull gypsys who have all the docs they need and aren't doing something dodgy.
    I am not lumping all gypsies together because of one site, i am referring just to this one site.

• ps i was born into the biker fraternity
    hairy chop drivin dad
    hippyfied arty mum
    we went to bike rallie-apparently biker festivals to cool ppl now lol
    we never had a car till i was 16 - always travelled via bike or bike n side car
    the police had a right thing for stoppin bikers in them days an u were assumed to be carryin drugs etc
    there m8 who had a ripped skin packet on dash board oh van for example had van took to peeces cos obs the torn skin pack gave em reason to do drug searches

ok mibbe no harrassed the same as gypsies or travellers or watever the pc word is now but it was constant in the 70s that bikers were rapin pillagin junkies apparently

negativity doesnt have to be fuelled and increased howebver and thru ppl showin thru their actions that bikers were noit to b feered hated an burned at the steak we noiw have a much better co-existamnce wi cops

somehow tho i think if we had used confrontational "direct axction" as u put it we would be in that place now so mibbe take a chill pill an be less negative an bigotted

bigotry can work both ways u make assumptions that all cops are bastards basically so is that not making sweeping judgements and stereotyping which u seem to act all pissed off about

• :madlol:

There was a time when "alternative" meant accepting direct action against inanimate objects...nowadays though it seems to be more "dont challenge the police" :rolleyes:

• I really don't mean to be rude Gretchin, but I really struggle to understand your abreviations. You make some great points, but they are hard to understand. I think that is what my friend Coyote meant by his post. Peace.

• I really don't mean to be rude Gretchin, but I really struggle to understand your abreviations. You make some great points, but they are hard to understand. I think that is what my friend Coyote meant by his post. Peace.

just to add to this, can you please make use of the quote function. its making it difficult to keep track of who your replies are aimed at, there's tutorials available on how the work on the forum overview :)

• fair point at wee cab but he coulda just asked instead of being sarcastic
    xxx
    i try and remember lol
    plus i dyslexic so i cant always help the odd bit of dodgy writting

anyone not sure wat i sayin due to abreviations , dialect or down right confuddled dyslexic chat lol just ask in a non sarci i b glad to re write
    xxxxx

• :madlol:

There was a time when "alternative" meant accepting direct action against inanimate objects...nowadays though it seems to be more "dont challenge the police" :rolleyes:

I am surprise at your standing point on this one. I don't think it is don't challenge the police as such, but that people have realised over the years that this type of direct action doesn't actually achieve anything other than pissing the plods off.

• lol anyway peeps much as i enjoyin readin this post i think i duck out of replyin b4 i get myself hounded off site an put inside a burning wicker man FOR BEING A COP LOVER LOL
    happy writting
    for the love of god man noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I agree, but Coyote is renouned for his sarcasm, that all part of who he is and we love him for it lol :pp
    Not asking for a perfect essay honey, I appreciate that it is difficult with dyslexia. Thank you for your understanding.

• negativity doesnt have to be fuelled and increased howebver and thru ppl showin thru their actions that bikers were noit to b feered hated an burned at the steak we noiw have a much better co-existamnce wi cops

somehow tho i think if we had used confrontational "direct axction" as u put it we would be in that place now

"Negativity", like "violence" is one of those odd words that are bandied around....."dont defend yourself as that would be negative".....

so mibbe take a chill pill an be less negative an bigotted

Firstly, I dont need a pill to chill thank ye :) Secondly, this isnt about me having any anger against the police (so no chilling is actually needed) Thirdly, its not bigotted to disagree with someones *actions* :rolleyes:

bigotry can work both ways u make assumptions that all cops are bastards basically so is that not making sweeping judgements and stereotyping which u seem to act all pissed off about

It generally (in my experience; and I've had police as mates and friends of the family) it takes a special mindset to be a copper....which tends to involve pushing folks around.

Quote from Weecab

I am surprise at your standing point on this one. I don't think it is don't challenge the police as such, but that people have realised over the years that this type of direct action doesn't actually achieve anything other than pissing the plods off.

I'm not advocating using direct action as a means of social change, but rather that I can understand when people feel pushed to it by a policeforce that is renown for abusing power at the best of times. That said, as H L Mencken said, "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats" :reddevil: not necessarily as a means to revolution but simply because, no matter how much you seek peace, sometimes thugs are inescapable and demand you turn and fight.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Coyote: rampant illiteracy :oD ().

• I agree, but Coyote is renouned for his sarcasm, that all part of who he is and we love him for it lol :pp

:D

:hug:

• hmmmmmmm

perhaps u should start ur own dictionary thread and let us know your definitions of words cos mabee then we will all be able to talk politically correct and to ur standards