Gipsies Trash Police Helicopter

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• well that gives a good name to gypsies doesnt it (not) well done guys, i can understand being annoyed but was there really any need for that honestly!!!

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• And who'll get the blame the first time they can't go out and look for a lost child or some murderer....it'll give all travelling folks a bad name......

• Actually, I can understand this pretty well; since when has generalised police surveillance been an ok thing? :rolleyes:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• ah yes but wouldnt it have made more sense to just go after the police them selves and not thier equipment?

it is impossible to be unhappy whilst wearing my baby in a tattoo style mei tai!!!

• yeh but as sd said whos gonna get the blame wen the choppa cant hep n a murder or missing persons case, as annoyed as they were i realy dont think it called for this and like i said before what does it do for the gypsie name?

• yeh but as sd said whos gonna get the blame wen the choppa cant hep n a murder or missing persons case, as annoyed as they were i realy dont think it called for this and like i said before what does it do for the gypsie name?

Well, here's an interesting idea Mr Policeman....if you would like your Chopper intact for rescuing children, dont harras people with it :whistle:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Well, here's an interesting idea Mr Policeman....if you would like your Chopper intact for rescuing children, dont harras people with it :whistle:

thats what we would like them to think but in reality they're gonna think "fuckin pikies" and harrass all travellers even more.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• thats what we would like them to think but in reality they're gonna think "fuckin pikies" and harrass all travellers even more.

this may be true but i really dont think they would waste all that money putting the choppa in the air just to annoy them............ it does cost quite abit just to run it

• this may be true but i really dont think they would waste all that money putting the choppa in the air just to annoy them............ it does cost quite abit just to run it

yeah i agree. i didnt mean they'd specifically use the chopper more to piss people off, i meant that if they're in the mindset of "fuckin pikies" and they see one driving along they're far more likely to want to pull them over n give them shit, or other similar examples.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• oh hell yeah i cant disagree there the list goes on but basically if ur not a nice little society law abiding citizen then theyll round up on you grrrrr

• this might b contraversial but
    1.i agree wi it being necesary equipment
    2.if it rreplaced were do u think hte replacement money ocmes from? it cimes from the countries pot of money so inevitably we goin end up payin for it
    3.if we want to be treated wi respect an dignity we need to act like we deserve it an breaKING ENTRY DESTROYING EQUIPMENT DOESNT PORTRAY THE IMAGE OF POSITIVITY
    4oops at caps
    5TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT-JUST COS TRHEY DINNA NECESARILY ACT IN A WAY THAT SHOWS DIGNITY AN RESPECT DONT MEAN WE NEED TO COPY THAT
    6.VIOLENCE BREEDS VIOLENCE

SOZ IF OFFEND ANYONE JUST MY STANCE TIS ALL

XXXXXX

• thats what we would like them to think but in reality they're gonna think "fuckin pikies" and harrass all travellers even more.

Do you think that if the chopper had not been trashed travellers would be hassled any less?

• this may be true but i really dont think they would waste all that money putting the choppa in the air just to annoy them............ it does cost quite abit just to run it

You mean like how the plod dont drive at Mach 2 because its gets their rocks off? :whistle:

• Not all physical acts are "Violent". If you slam the door against a storm blowing outside have you done something violent.

Regardless of the context, its actually quite refreshing to see someone act to take the toys off of the spoiled brat police who are intent on treating people like livestock.

• Do you think that if the chopper had not been trashed travellers would be hassled any less?

course not, cops will always hassle them. now they'll just hassle them more.

they're not doing their reputation any favours are they?

and if theres a couple of traveller kids walking down the street, for example, and they're passed by a cop who'd just been dealing with the trashed stuff, i'd put money on it that the cop would harrass them where he might previously have passed them by.

• Well, here's an interesting idea Mr Policeman....if you would like your Chopper intact for rescuing children, dont harras people with it :whistle:

And here's another idea, if you don't want to be harrassed Mr. Gypsy, don't use your yard to park nicked cars in, and it's probably not a good idea to go to war with the old bill.

• course not, cops will always hassle them. now they'll just hassle them more.

[snip]

and if theres a couple of traveller kids walking down the street, for example, and they're passed by a cop who'd just been dealing with the trashed stuff, i'd put money on it that the cop would harrass them where he might previously have passed them by.

That sounds like the bullied kid who thinks that if they keep quiet the bully wont bully them even more....:whistle:

they're not doing their reputation any favours are they?

:madlol: They dont exactly have a good reputation to protect - being almost universally hated.

ETA: Also, on a related note.....this isnt so far from http://www.ukhippy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37340

• And here's another idea, if you don't want to be harrassed Mr. Gypsy, don't use your yard to park nicked cars in, and it's probably not a good idea to go to war with the old bill.

"The attack followed weeks of aerial surveillance on a travellers’ site where swish stolen cars and nicked goods are believed to be stashed." (from the linked-to web site)

It doesnt take weeks of surveillance to catch gypsies with nicked stuff :D this sounds more like harassment by the plod (who are quite happy to turn it on you an me if we protest as well).

• That sounds like the bullied kid who thinks that if they keep quiet the bully wont bully them even more....:whistle:

But it's a pretty stupid kid that goes and tries to 'pick on' the local bully,'cos that's guaranteed to get you a smack in the mouth.

• That sounds like the bullied kid who thinks that if they keep quiet the bully wont bully them even more....:whistle:

nope. just being real.

but lets say you were right, they are a bunch of bullies and i have been bullied by them. what do you suggest? who's the teacher that i go and grass them up too? oh, there isnt one is there, so they'll carry on getting away with it regardless of anything anyone does, so there's little point in standing up to them is there? as this proves......they get their stuff trashed and the people who did it will get bullied even more.

• "The attack followed weeks of aerial surveillance on a travellers’ site where swish stolen cars and nicked goods are believed to be stashed." (from the linked-to web site)

It doesnt take weeks of surveillance to catch gypsies with nicked stuff :D this sounds more like harassment by the plod (who are quite happy to turn it on you an me if we protest as well).

By saying that I don't know if you're defending the gypsies or attacking them,you seem to be making the assumption that Gypsies are thieves:whistle:If they have a yard full of nicked cars then it could be said that they deserve to be watched.and evidence gathered.
    I am not defending the actions of the old bill, but if you felt you were being unfairly surveyed, what would you do?

• By saying that I don't know if you're defending the gypsies or attacking them,you seem to be making the assumption that Gypsies are thieves:whistle:If they have a yard full of nicked cars then it could be said that they deserve to be watched.and evidence gathered.
    I am not defending the actions of the old bill, but if you felt you were being unfairly surveyed, what would you do?

I've known a few gypsies and most had light fingers :D but they take not nearly as much as the bankers have recently....:whistle:

Like I said though, this sounds more like harassing under a cover of "surveillance"....

But it's a pretty stupid kid that goes and tries to 'pick on' the local bully,'cos that's guaranteed to get you a smack in the mouth.

Or one who feels backed into a corner.....

nope. just being real.

but lets say you were right, they are a bunch of bullies and i have been bullied by them. what do you suggest? who's the teacher that i go and grass them up too? oh, there isnt one is there, so they'll carry on getting away with it regardless of anything anyone does, so there's little point in standing up to them is there? as this proves......they get their stuff trashed and the people who did it will get bullied even more.

When you can run or avoid a fight, do so. But sometimes folks just feel harassed to the Nth degree and backed into a corner....and that I can understand if you had plod choppers flying over at all hours.

• at end of day violence is violence
    you may wish to debate the definition of violence but thats prob best kept for a diff thread
    u sit there an condemn the violent and aggressive actions of police and fair enough being a civil servant does not gove anyone the power to bully or dictate
    but
    condoning violence or wot ever ur philosophical deffinition of their action simply gives the impressionthat the ppl carrying out those actions hold violent ethics
    unfortunately many of us get tarred with the same brush

if we want to combat sterotypes ill informed pre conceptions and prejudice then we need to educate ppl to the fact that hippys,travellers bikers etc are not all lazy violent scum but that we are actually nice ppl with nice values and that like all walks of life there are good ppl and bad ppl

a culture were violence is seen as acceptable just continues to breed violence
    if we want to carry put hte social education mentioned above then we need to give them reason to challenge their misconcieved beliefs an trashing equipment we have payed for and we may need is not the most intelligent of ways to do it

i assume that if u get beaten up by a gang of hippy hating ppl u wont be reporting them to the bastard police?

• in refgards to practices being unchanged
    yes the tactics of police at times is still questionable
    however the tactics and general practices used have imptoved over the last 20 years
    ok still not perfect but things cant be changed over night
    if any change is to be successful it has to be doen at the right pace

as regards reporting of inapropriate actions of the police there are ways of doing this
    but if ppl do not use the appropriate channels then nothing gets done or can be done
    u gotta report bullies before u can deal with bullies

not reporting via appropriate chanels is basically sticking head in the sand

if we wanna do stuff and change stuff we have to action our thoughts and beliefs not just talkabout them and moan about them

yes we still have a lonf=g way to go to change the police working culture but things are changig all be it slowly

violence and aggresive methods just takes the work done by liason groups back another step

I've known a few gypsies and most had light fingers :D but they take not nearly as much as the bankers have recently....:whistle:

Different argument, but I'll run with it.. So what you're saying is that because there are immoral people who steal in this world, it's ok for everyone to steal?

Or one who feels backed into a corner.....

This is a corner very much of their own making.

When you can run or avoid a fight, do so. But sometimes folks just feel harassed to the Nth degree and backed into a corner....and that I can understand if you had plod choppers flying over at all hours.

See above;)