No longer Veg*n

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from onelove

I think people put too much emphasis on their diets these days

But for a lot of people it's not simply a matter of 'diet'. It's a moral and ethical issue. I understand this may not be why you are vegan but I think a lot of misunderstanding comes from the fact that people do think it's 'just a diet'.

• Quote from Atomik

You know, you're absolutely right. Thinking about it, I might actually request that the government lock me up in prison and deprive me of my liberty in order to protect me from any of the rather nasty accidents that I might otherwise have. It'd be nice to know there'll always be food on my plate and I'll never have to worry about rent. While I'm at it, I think I'll ask if they can end my life prematurely just in case I come to a nasty end.

Should be great. My girlfriend's gonna get a cell next to me. She's keen on the safety aspect too, so she doesn't mind the fact that they'll be raping her and taking her children away at birth for their own purposes. Although having said that, they plan to kill the male ones off apparently because they don't have much use for them. They mentioned something about keeping her permanently pregnant as well so that they can milk her tits. Sounded a bit weird, but hey, it's gotta beat life in the wild, right? All that freedom.... who knows what might happen??

Brilliant!!

• Quote from Atomik

You know, you're absolutely right. Thinking about it, I might actually request that the government lock me up in prison and deprive me of my liberty in order to protect me from any of the rather nasty accidents that I might otherwise have. It'd be nice to know there'll always be food on my plate and I'll never have to worry about rent. While I'm at it, I think I'll ask if they can end my life prematurely just in case I come to a nasty end.

Should be great. My girlfriend's gonna get a cell next to me. She's keen on the safety aspect too, so she doesn't mind the fact that they'll be raping her and taking her children away at birth for their own purposes. Although having said that, they plan to kill the male ones off apparently because they don't have much use for them. They mentioned something about keeping her permanently pregnant as well so that they can milk her tits. Sounded a bit weird, but hey, it's gotta beat life in the wild, right? All that freedom.... who knows what might happen??

Brilliant!!

I have to say I have never understood why people can go back to eating meat when they know what they know about the meat industry, and thats is why they became veggie or vegan in the first place!! But hey that's my opinion, and at the end of the day it is ultimately a personal choice, as each to their own :rolleyes: But due to my principles, unfortunately I can not say it is ok!!