Camping and caravan club sites?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• A fiver a night, bloody hell thats cheap, never found a site where you can park up for that. Are these sites your talking about camping caravan club ceertified sites???

Cheers

• I don’t usually use campsites but I know a few in the lake district that are £4 a night.:hippy:

There can only be one :hippyloveit's the wife
    In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
    Myspace Clicky here

The post was edited 1 time, last by Greenthing ().

• I normally stick with the warmer south...

Well i dont know about that Spacecactus , we seem to be have better weather than the south up north these days what with global warming. LOL:hippy::pp

• i've not stayed on a C&C site for under a fiver. only one's i've found by word of mouth.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• yeah, and its the crap that proper sites have that cost loads! gimme a standpipe and basic toilet block any day!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• I've only really camped in the south and never go anywhere that's more than £5 per person per night, and they all have toilets and showers, but nothing particularly fancy.

Some of them have been £10 per pitch per night, usually have to pay more if there are more than 2 in a tent, though it's never much more, so if you cram enough people in your tent/van you'll be paying pittance per night!

• Well, i stayed on one for the first time last night....
    One's observations were , its correct and proper to speak with a snoot and plum in ones mouth ,
    one's "motorhome" is to be parked precisely and specifically in ones designated pitch.
    One must not over step ones white line :p
    One observed that for a measly £5 per person per night
    one had use of a fine set of facilities included in the fee.
    Showers and toilets immaculate,washing up area's proving bowls,drainers and washing up liquid much to ones amusement.
    All heated rooms..
    A vast collection of local information ,phone numbers , bus times even free pizza delivery were there.

The veiws were outstanding ,Hay Bluff from the opposite angle parked up on the Top of Hay on Wye (the town of books)where one strolled for 6 or 7 minutes to meander and peruse the nevending stock of literature.

Downside..
    I couldnt bake me spuds cos no fires good gracious me nooooooooo:rolleyes:
    Ones neighbours....ummm is it all motorhome owners or just the ones we met ?
    but what the fk is it with discussing the weather :rolleyes:
    done my head in that did
    n what do ppl actually do inside their motorhomes ?
    because whilst the other "george n Mildreds " were doing whatever it is they do in the motorcaravans behind closed doors n downed blinds..we were sat outside mine (cold mind)being muchly entertained by the very loud (and totally frowned upon) pissed scots couple in a two man tent accross from us:whistle:
    Arguing about wether or not to set his alarm lol.

but anyway..
    overall excellent value for money, fab facilities,nice owners but all occupents in bed by 9pm:reddevil::p:whistle::spank:(well thas what i recon they all get up to in them posh motorhomes :D
    as for them in the ole tranny ,
    i had a great time with Celyn in the childrens play area :)
    they have a boot :woohoo:

• I ve been in the C&CC and the CC for living over the past 8 years or so.
    It works well as an introduction sometimes and the contact books are the main benefit.
    First I joined the Caravan Club in 2001/2 and found a CL which was a dairy farm. Once the farmer saw i was ok and not messy, he was happy to waive the 28 day rule 'until someone complains'. I received post there and stayed for a year too!
    Then later I tried the Camping and Caravanning club, and again found a farm, this time on Dartmoor. The old lady farmer charged me £2 per night for the first 6 months and then refused any more money for the following 6 months. I moved around the farms fields every couple of months to rest the grass. This was 2 years ago.
    So I've joined the C&CC again this year. They've just published a new Big Book with lots of sites, not only theirs and includes a price guide. There are some real gems in there if you study the Key.
    not needed anywhere yet this year but the membership card is piece of mind if i need a rest from the road. There may well be a cosy winter park-up just waiting for me in there somewhere....
    So in summary, I never really used the previous memberships fully but they were the valuable introduction needed to get in the gate. The real key is to be friendly and respectful to people's land and many things open for you.
    Hope this helps
    Good luck to you!!

• Hello :D

Yup, agree with Stardust.

I started by joining the Camping and Caravaning club, Only got turned away from two sites, both were in cornwall/north devon and both were the more expensive ones. One of them refused to open their security gate thing so that i could turn round, threatened to call the police when i politely insisted and left me with no choice but to reverse my van out onto a blind bend on a hill!!!!

But the small ones (5 quid a night jobs) are great! Usually a mown field on a farm, Basic facilities but great! I found one farm that was so nice they ended up hiding me behind a barn with my own little field and i stayed for 4 years :D

If you have a job that means you could do with a shower just join a local gym/swimming pool. My cousin lived in his van when working away for a couple of years and just called in the local leisure centre on his way home each night, paid for a swim but just had a shower and went :thumbup:

Good luck mate

Daz

• Hi

Am new here - hi everyone....

Sorry to jump straight in but I am trying to locate a campsite, maybe in Cambridgeshire or not too far from there, where a diverse but quiet bunch of us (about 10 adults plus kids /teens and a dog) can meet up for a week in the summer - with a mixture of tents and converted vans. We need showers (well, not right now, but we need to be able to shower on site;)) and toilets, and it needs to be cheap, and a place that won't mind if we have a campfire.

If anyone has any ideas I would really love to hear them....

Thanks!

• Thanks for the suggestion. The frustrating things is that I have tried using that site several times over the past months, in different browsers, and can't get the search function to work. Whether I type in the county, or click on the map, it always brings me back to the 'start search' page....

:wall:

Guess I will try to email the webmaster there.....