Police Brutality (and possibly murder) on the streets of London???

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Exactly... The police had spent fook knows how much making sure that 5,000 police people were on the streets on Tuesday... if there had been no trouble would the general public have supported the police wasting money in such a way... ;)

I think it is pretty obvious that the police were intent on winding up certain types of protester even before the demo started!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t…993139.ece?Submitted=true

:eek: wouldn't 50,000 volts kill you??

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• I'm not quite sure why some of you seem to get so wound up by a bit of police baton swinging..... perhaps you would prefer our police to use the tactics deployed by many of their European counterparts and start using teargas and rubber bullets....... ;)

Well that's like saying thieves should be grateful for prison 'cos they don't chop of hands like they do in Saudi (or wherever). There's always going to be somewhere more repressive and there will always be somewhere more liberal, however that doesn't make it right.

I'm not questioning the use of batons... I am well aware that the use of them is inevitable during most demos... but I am questioning the kettling and rushing tactics the police of today seems so fond of using... ;)

I am - because the police are on the wrong side - and it does absolutely fuck all for the "community relations" shit they go on about. If they cared about the community they wouldn't be protecting the money men.

if you want to be in the front line of a protest facing police wear a builders hard hat........:D

Some do just that ... WOMBLES ;)

• http://www.guardian.co.uk/worl…g20-protest-ian-tomlinson

• There's always going to be somewhere more repressive and there will always be somewhere more liberal, however that doesn't make it right.

I never said it was right........:thumbup: I'm more surprised that the police tactics seem to have come as a shock to some people......;) what did they expect? Being beaten back with a bunch of spring flowers......

As for headlines if the police hadn't bothered to turn up at all and a terrorist group were able to take out some or all of the world leaders then you would have had headlines..... ;)

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• I never said it was right........:thumbup: I'm more surprised that the police tactics seem to have come as a shock to some people......;) what did they expect? Being beaten back with a bunch of spring flowers......

We're not shocked by the polices tactics at demo's... just disgusted that they use them before there is any trouble... Police are not supposed to impede peaceful protests... They are supposed to be protecting our rights... :rolleyes:

As for headlines if the police hadn't bothered to turn up at all and a terrorist group were able to take out some or all of the world leaders then you would have had headlines..... ;)

Name the terrorist group that have the means to do what you have described... the IRA? Taliban... who???

I'm shocked that you seem to be willing to swallow the crap the government and police want us to believe... like there are large amounts of terrorists here in the UK... come on wake up... the threat of terrorism is being used to validate data bases.. id cards... restriction of rights to protest.... :mad:

And now back on topic... Martin do you really think that Mr Tomlinson would have died if he had not been kept in the 'kettle' the police created? ;)

• Tekno...i think i <3 you :D :clap:

• We're not shocked by the polices tactics at demo's... just disgusted that they use them before there is any trouble... Police are not supposed to impede peaceful protests... They are supposed to be protecting our rights... :rolleyes:

There's that word "before" again.... everything I have watched so far shows trouble after the windows have been smashed....;)

They are supposed to do a lot of things but they dont.......;)

Name the terrorist group that have the means to do what you have described... the IRA? Taliban... who???

I'm shocked that you seem to be willing to swallow the crap the government and police want us to believe... like there are large amounts of terrorists here in the UK... come on wake up... the threat of terrorism is being used to validate data bases.. id cards... restriction of rights to protest.... :mad:

Four blokes with rucksacks once did a good job......... ;)

I dont swallow any of that crap..... thanks :thumbup:

And now back on topic... Martin do you really think that Mr Tomlinson would have died if he had not been kept in the 'kettle' the police created? ;)

I cant say as I'm not a qualified doctor who witnessed it....... ;)

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Tekno...i think i <3 you :D :clap:

I love you too! :o:clap:

Quote from Tigerdaddy

There's that word "before" again.... everything I have watched so far shows trouble after the windows have been smashed....;)

They are supposed to do a lot of things but they dont.......;)

Ok here's some footage that was taken before the windows at the RBS windows got smashed... you will note that the police had already cordoned the area off stopping protesters from moving on...

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv86Pu9qo_4&feature=related']YouTube - G20 SUMMIT "BANK OF ENGLAND" 01.04.2009[/ame]

Now this footage was taken while the windows were being smashed...
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z15AG3_qz94&feature=related']YouTube - G20 Summit : Windows Smashed at RBS BANK 01.04.2009[/ame]

and this...

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bywLW4ixYg&feature=related']YouTube - G20 London UPDATE! 2.49pm 01/04/2009[/ame]
    and this...
    [ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd_hDF-ocZo']YouTube - BREAKING NEWS: Protestors attack Royal Bank of Scotland but leave Bank of England alone[/ame]

All of which mention that the protesters had been 'kettled' in by the police... ;)

The police are trained in dealing with protesters... they know they are dealing with thousands of people who feel passionately about our current situation we all find ourselves in.... So bearing that in mind would you say the police made the right decision in kettling the protesters before there was any trouble... especially when the protesters are held just outside the RBS... which coincidentally was not boarded up... unlike the rest of the buildings in the area... :whistle:

So what would have happened if then police had not stopped everyone from moving on... Not much I suspect... maybe a few hundred people would have made it to the climate camp... peacefully protested... had a few beers... listened to some tunes.. danced... Because of the polices 'tactics' there was a riot... and unfortunately it also meant that Mr Tomlinson could not get the medical assistance he needed in time...

Quote from Tigerdaddy

Four blokes with rucksacks once did a good job......... ;)

I dont swallow any of that crap..... thanks :thumbup:

Really? ;) So because four men with a rucksack managed to set of a bomb that justifies using 1984 (Orwell) as a blueprint rather than a guide on what not to do...

• Really? ;) So because four men with a rucksack managed to set of a bomb that justifies using 1984 (Orwell) as a blueprint rather than a guide on what not to do...

Not forgetting that Mr Blair made the executive decision not to hold any inquiry into the events surrounding 7/7 - meaning that those four men have never ever faced trial.

I'm not saying they are innocent, but surely even the dead have a right to be proven guilty?

Anyway, that was offtopic, but still ...

• We're not shocked by the polices tactics at demo's... just disgusted that they use them before there is any trouble... Police are not supposed to impede peaceful protests... They are supposed to be protecting our rights...

Exactly. I got kettled in front of the Bank of England last Wednesday, along with thousands of merry, peaceful protesters who became rather less merry and peaceful as soon as they realised that the police had corralled them like cattle. Even attempting to talk to them caused more trouble because of the aggressive response they got.

• Video of Ian Tomlinson being assaulted from behind by riot police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2…/video-g20-police-assault

He collapsed 3-5 minutes later.

Police preventing ambulances from reaching him...NOT protesters.

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f0S6PPLI8Q&NR=1']YouTube - Apr 01 2009 VID00014 G20 Summit, London, G20 London, G20 Protests, G20 Demonstrations[/ame]

• I'd say that was most definitely murder - and what's the betting that nobody will suffer any consequences for it?

I'd put everything i own on it.:mad:

Saw a great post about it on another forum...i'll go find it...they've got it bang on the button.

• Correct me if I'm wrong (most likely) but wouldn't murder require the officer to have intended to kill him?

Wouldn't it class as manslaughter?

Never the less, the officer in question shouldn't be allowed to continue working in a position of trust and responsibility at the very least.

• Good point, well fuckin' made :mad:

• And the police said that the protesters had been throwing bottles... now can someone please tell me why it is not an offense for police to a) start a riot, b) impede an ambulance from attending to someone who is injured, c) use their batons for the hell of it...

Bastards! :mad:

Great info Shazaaym :applaud:

• Most of the witnesses are saying that a couple of plastic bottles were thrown, which missed, and it stopped when the people chucking 'em were told what was going on. They musta thought a snatch squad had just done their thing...understandable seeing as that's what had been happening throughout the day.

That video is supposed to be the 2nd time he was assaulted as well, but i don't know how accurate that is yet.

• Here's the video of Ian Tomlinson being assaulted but from a much more revealing angle..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/v…sault-ian-tomlinson-video

The police [strikethrough]thug[/strikethrough] officer who assaulted Mr Tomlinson has come forward and now may face manslaughter charges...:rolleyes:

"Sir Paul Stephenson, the Met commissioner, said the images "raise obvious concerns" and his force fully supported an inquiry. But he stopped short of suspending the officer involved pending the completion of the IPCC investigation."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2…an-tomlinson-police-video

Am I missing something... if a protester had knocked over a policeman... beaten him while he was on the ground.... that protester (if they came forward.... lets pretend like the police officer in question that they had a balaclava on and couldn't be identified) would be charged with murder... Irrespective of whether they had triggered the death or not....

:mad:

• .....if a protester had knocked over a policeman... beaten him while he was on the ground.... that protester ..... would be charged with murder......

Not wanting to start another argument..... :surrender

....but you have to prove intent or malice aforethought for a charge of murder. In this instance as the death was subsequently caused by a heart attack the best result you could prove would be involuntary manslaughter or an accident.

• Not wanting to start another argument..... :surrender

:madlol: And there was me thinking we were just having a debate :D

....but you have to prove intent or malice aforethought for a charge of murder. In this instance as the death was subsequently caused by a heart attack the best result you could prove would be involuntary manslaughter or an accident.

I know... But I was just pointing out that if the situation was reversed that the police wouldn't take that into account... ;)

• I know... But I was just pointing out that if the situation was reversed that the police wouldn't take that into account... ;)

Well it would be down to the CPS to bring charges and given the same circumstances you really would have a hard task to get anywhere near a murder charge....;)

(luv you.....:pp )

• Well it would be down to the CPS to bring charges and given the same circumstances you really would have a hard task to get anywhere near a murder charge....;)

(luv you.....:pp )

And the CPS has never been given false info by the police have they... ;)

(luv you too... nutter! :p)

• but you have to prove intent or malice aforethought for a charge of murder. In this instance as the death was subsequently caused by a heart attack the best result you could prove would be involuntary manslaughter or an accident.

isnt this classed as death by a deadly weapon?irrispectively if it was by a heart attack which was caused by the officer striking him the head injury because he fell or because he was twated around the head with a telescopic baton/trunchon.it was still a totally unprovoked attack which the officer had already planned out to injure the guy so could be murder in the 2nd degree i think its called or manslaughter with intent because the officer was intending on harming the guy!what ever its called i really wouldnt want to be the copper when he gets put in clink anyone wanna start a book on how long he lasts?oh but i forgot all independant inquirys have to go through and be vetted by the government when it involves national security wonder if this would be one of them times?

• heres a link for the public enquiry law http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2005/ukpga_20050012_en_1

saw this an borrowed it from another site lol

I would say although this type of policing has always gone on it has turned a lot more political in recent times especially with the use of anti terrorism laws. A couple of years ago the government banned protests completely against the Chinese leader in case it offended him. Whether its the right to demonstrate, or fox hunt or smoke etc our civil liberties are slowly but surely being stripped away from us.

Your sure its the right place to post this, but I adapted this from something I saw which I thought summed up the situation we now find ourselves in:

They came for the Fox hunters,
    I was not a fox hunter so I did not speak up.
    They came for the Smokers and Drinkers,
    I did not Smoke or Drink so I did not speak up.
    They came for the demonstrators,
    I was not a demonstrator so I did not speak up.
    They then came for me,
    And there was no one left to speak up for me!

I could of used many other examples!

I have long held the view we are all being herded into little groups marginalised and separated to be beaten at will (obviously some literally). When the authorities do get caught in the act they just claim to the majority that's its for the greater good?

from first hand experience ive been attacked by the police for no reason the last time i was jumped on by 2 of them for swearing then when taken out the back of the van i was given a couple digs to my ribs they are just turning into thugs for the corporate machine they arnt here to protect us anymore

• watch the first one the cop who "pushed" him had a batton in his left hand did that crack him on the head or back?the second one gives a better detail about the police lies

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpU1HXQIyw']YouTube - G20 Death Cop Pushed Man[/ame]

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNG7swiGBcU&feature=related']YouTube - G20 Police Push Man Later Dies[/ame]

• eyewitness reports and the second has a number to call if anyone knows anything or anyone who someone who knows anything its a solicitors and is totally confidential

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTCwQt3zBq8&feature=related']YouTube - Interview with two Eyewitnesses of G20 Death[/ame]

[ame='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhOvKmiSdTI&feature=related']YouTube - G20 'Press Conference' for Ian Tomlinson- March to Royal Exchange[/ame]

i would appologise for keep posting stuff up but to me someones life holds a great value and what the police have done was wrong yes it maybe a individual that done it but he was on duty at the time and is supposed to uphold the law and have composure and compassion and from the vids ive seen so far he was in far from upholding the law and most certainly had no composure

• what a surprise. ian tomlinson did NOT die of a heart attack, according to the new post mortem. it was internal injuries.

so the cop is under caution for manslaughter. i wander if anyone is going to ask why the coroner was so quick to jump to the conclusion of heart attack. will anyone investigate that? or will it be a case of cover up the cover-up as quickly as possible?

i dont think this comes as that much of a surprise to most of us, but maybe now the general members of the public, the ones who think the cops are always right no matter what will realise they're just as capable of doing wrong as the rest of us.

linkage here.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain