proud parent thread

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Rhiannons crawling - eek! I was kind of hoping she'd stay put until she decided to walk :p Now I'll never keep up with her (could be worse, my brother was crawling at 5months and walking at 9 while I was crawling at 6months :eek:)

I'm very proud of her though :D :flower: :flower: :D

And hooray for Izzys tooth :clap:- is it her first one PTM? Nonny's two bottom ones are through and one of her top ones (her second top one is nearly through too, plus another bottom one - they're coming thick and fast!!) and it's starting to make the booby feeds a bit more uncomfortable (I'm hoping she doesn't decide to bite at any point :eek:)

• How can you get a half a GCSE? :S

cos they are short courses and only equivalant to 1/2
    A 1/2 in Religoius studies was gob smacking as He hardly went to most of the classes and i've not helped him study any christianity being a Buddhist
    He's had Chronic fatigue syndrome since year 7 and been very parttime at school so he's done brilliantly

• :thumbup: well done lou...I got more stressed waiting for my eldest sons results than I did my own A'levels;)

Me too :D
    Thanks, I'll pass it on :thumbup: :)Lou went off to meet his mates at 10.30am to walk up to school together. He wasn't back until 2pm :eek:as they'd gone to a friend's house to celebrate (they'd tried some Baileys and said it was disgusting and that it tasted like Gaviscon:D), and I'd tried to call him on his mobile phone but it was switched off :insane:

• Rhiannons crawling - eek! I was kind of hoping she'd stay put until she decided to walk :p Now I'll never keep up with her (could be worse, my brother was crawling at 5months and walking at 9 while I was crawling at 6months :eek:)

I'm very proud of her though :D :flower: :flower: :D

And hooray for Izzys tooth :clap:- is it her first one PTM? Nonny's two bottom ones are through and one of her top ones (her second top one is nearly through too, plus another bottom one - they're coming thick and fast!!) and it's starting to make the booby feeds a bit more uncomfortable (I'm hoping she doesn't decide to bite at any point :eek:)

Yay - well done Nonny (fabulous name :D)

And yes, it's her first one... she has been teething for absolutely ages and ages, so it's a relief... even if she has quite a few left to go!!! She's very proud of it, though - keeps poking other peoples' teeth as if to say "I have one of those, you know!" and she's experimenting with biting things, even though it's only a couple of millimetres long :D

• yey ,way to go skylar :D

• cos they are short courses and only equivalant to 1/2
    A 1/2 in Religoius studies was gob smacking as He hardly went to most of the classes and i've not helped him study any christianity being a Buddhist
    He's had Chronic fatigue syndrome since year 7 and been very parttime at school so he's done brilliantly

Ah, now I understand :) I'm just easily confused :insane: The religious studies one is fantastic with everything he's been through by the sounds of it! :D

• congrats to all these clever winkles :D specially to winter's son :thumbup:

I am very proud of Henry for being not far off walking independantly (he's all crawlin n cruising and standing up all on his own without holding on dontchyaknow :D)... for being a total waterbaby in the swimming pool and enjoying splashing in the shallows, making big bids for escape from my arms so he can be independant in the shallows and launching himself at Nanna... again not far off taking his first solo movements in the water:D He is also using lots of speech sounds now.. we have a clear Mummum, Nannan, Gandad, Daddy, Waaawee (charlie) and yesterday definate Jack when he was playing with his little cousin :D little chatterbox he is :) he also says wowo for dogs and has been practicing barking the last few days :D

I am proud of Charlie for coming home and being very growed up about the seperation from his dad. Also for being lovely with his baby brother and baby cousin and also for playing nicely with younger children even though they do his head in a bit... he's a superstar :D

• floyd being a complete chatter box lately :)

he now knows ball, duck duck, mummum, daddad, nanan, lala (auntie stella) tractor, yogurt, dog dog, mine, more, gone, boobie, willy, bum bum(he goes and gets me a nappy when he needs a 'bum bum' (change)) telly, daisy, bobbot(his bottle), juice, baby, bubble, book (and 'read it')

and his latest :)...hehehe.....MEAT!!!!!!!!

• My wee man Jonathan (2 next month) has started pointing to body parts when you ask his feet/hands/etc are. He's also sleeping alnight through in the bottom bunk without a babyguard rail. Still refusing to talk yet though!

• Im really proud of both my kids but my 3 yr old is amazing with his memory - he loves dinosaurs and has learnt loads of them - he can tell you parasaurolophus, lipleuridon, stegasarus, brachisaurus, iguadon etc etc - oh and his favourite muttaburrasaurus!!
    If only I could get him to eat his greens i would have the perfect child!

• My maternity leave has ended and so I started back at work on Tuesday. Because of this Aiken has just started going to nursery 2 days a week. He's done so well. The nursery staff say they've never had a child like it for just settling down and getting on with it. Each day he's gone happily into the room, and found something to play with, he smiles when we leave and is apparantly fine all through the day, when we go back to collect him, he's really excited to see us and grins then crawls over for a cuddle. I'm so proud of him, he's coping so well.

• So proud of my kidlets,large and small.
    Its been a tough time lately and theyve coped remarkebly.
    Helping out more around the house,with each other,the older ones are fantastic with celyn and the li'l lady is just such a joy to be around,always got a smile or up to funny antics.
    I missed her terrible when she stayed with her nan but it had to be done n now shes back :)
    has slipped straight back into her old routine even tho its all been disrupted for her,what a star.
    And the older ones for understanding my head better than me at times and for knowing when help is needed.
    Hana for giving me two of the cutest granbabies and for bringing them up so well on her own,two under 2 cannot be easy,but Han's never taken the easy option at anything.
    Bless my kids i wouldnt change em for the world.

• My eldest Ryan has just recently discovered football and got totally hooked. He finished a 2 day summer scheme at the local leisure centre today and his team was the overall winners. Not bad for a kid who's 'friends' wont let him play cos he apparantly doesn't know how!!! He's been on cloud 9 all evening.

• I am proud of Charlie for transforming his bedroom from a stinking pit of doom into a lovely fresh neat and tidy space today :thumbup: :D

I am proud of Henry today for taking a few steps without holding onto anyone or anything.... :D

• I am proud of Charlie for transforming his bedroom from a stinking pit of doom into a lovely fresh neat and tidy space today :thumbup: :D

Do you think he could come and give my daughter a few pointers. We have spent 2 days looking for her bank card and I fear its truely lost in the pit of doom.