proud parent thread

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Watching Hannah helping Daddy with raking the leaves in the garden, then the two of them sitting down together to watch Star Wars Clone Wars while I baked made my heart melt. She's only two and a half, and already a complete sci fi nut!!! Am sooooooooooo proud. Live long and prosper dudes!!!!

• Very proud of Charlie :D his interim report was virtually all A's and at parents evening i was told he's on Gifted and Talented for English and had letter home last week to same effect for music :rockon: he's beginning saxaphone lessons after xmas :D and off on a residential course for composing and arranging :D

• Really chuffed that the girl is stepping up to the challenges of a new school and home as well as putting up with me being really late to collect her tonight

• Oooh, lots of things :)

Rosie Posie has really good head control, she has had right from when she was born (midwives and health visitor commented on it), but especially so now. Shes 2 1/2 months old and supports her own head fine, all of the time :)

Health visitor also commented (and wrote in big letters in Rosie's red book) how well she follows objects with her eyes, and how good her eye contact is, again, that was pretty much right from birth. They reckon she's intelligent, but I coulda told em that ages ago anyway :D

She can make lots of different noises, and if you talk to her she'll babble back to you :)

She does proper big smiles :wub:

She sleeps through the night, by choice, and sometimes even lets us have a lie in :D (she knows that when the lights go out it's sleepy time - we had a power cut the other day and the lights went out, so she went straight to sleep even though it was much earlier than her usual sleep time :D )

And she's been practising hitting and grabbing the toys in her play gym, she has really good hand control.

She's pretty awesome, actually :)

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Twister ().

• Right ere right now.....
    My 18 yr old son is all cwtched up with celyn watching dvds on the sofa,
    allowing me a lie in
    :woohoo:
    a lie in for me now means ,not stay in bed ,cos i gotta do that anyway
    but can switch mama brain off a minute ,someone safe is looking after my li'l lady
    beautiful connection jake n celyn have got, they always have had :wub:

Becs is off to work in a min,
    she's a gd girl :wub:

fair play i do sit back n think sometimes for a fkd up spaced up single mum i musta done somthing right cos my kidlets both big and small are just ace :D
    they make me very proud n all mushy inside .

• Phoebe's had a really hard time at school recently, she's been picked on and has been the target for some very unpleasant girls for the last few months. I hesitate to use the word bullying, but that is really what it was, emotional bullying, what we call low level ninging. Undermining her confidence, and belittling her. It all came out at home, and we have now dealt with it at school. I am happy to say that the teachers have stepped up to the plate very well, they have been fantastic..Phoebe wasnt alone, these girls were doing it to quite a few people, at least half of the class.. grrrr

Anyway, yesterday Phoebe was determined to go to school despite having been off sick with a sore throat on thursday, because she was due to take part in a fancy dress 'fun run' for WWF, (a distraction to the 11+ results coming out), didnt want to let her friends down and had 20 sponsors.
    She won first prize for her costume.....(this pic isnt from the race, but it shows the costume!:D)

she is such a star, despite everything.. I am so proud of her.

• Rosie is gonna be 3 months old tomorrow, that's gone quick! :eek: She smiles lots now and makes lots of different sounds. And if you say 'hi-ya!' to her, she repeats it back to you in the same tone (to be fair, I think she's saying 'ah-ga', but hell, tis close enough :D ). She's pretty flippin awesome :)

• Floyd just presented me with a piece of paper on which he'd written A, C, E, F, Z, O, B and an attempted W

he also told me that 'If my car has 4 tyres and i take away 1, it has 3 :D see i can do sums and maths :D '

YOU ROCK FLOYDY!

• AMAZING!!! go floyd!!!

Zac still doesnt want to do writing but he did write DAD for his pappa the other day - bless him!

Maya is proactively sharing with her peers and Zac is the kindest boy in the whole world :)

• Kai understands her sister, 'my girl baby', is in my tummy and refuses to hug me sometimes but says 'baby have cuddle'. And she cuddles my bump. Makes up for her stubborness which I have to break with Lego...

• ROSIE HAS A TOOTH! And almost a second tooth! Eee, she is just amazing! :D

• Kaya is writing her numbers. And her speech has accelerated into pretty normal for a toddler of her age. Go, girl!

Her drawings just keep getting weirder.

• NOW SHE HAS TWO TEETH!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

• Maya got to climb into and out of her cot on her own last night (wehave dropped the side and put a little desk there as 'stairs') and she got out of bed, had a play in her room then took herself back to bed and off to sleep (after collecting 2 books, one inflated armband and her brother's cycle helmet)

slight hiccup when she made Zac cry cos she was bashing him but only had to tell her once and she didn't do it again - small girl is AMAZING!!!

• Rhiannon managed to keep my birthday presents, balloons and cards secret for two days. Not bad for a nearly two and a half year old :D
    The first thing she did this morning was scramble into bed with me announcing in one breath "you've got birthday balloons and a birthday hat - it plays music - and birthday cards and daddy bought them all and you have a guitarrrrrrr!!" lol :D :wub: (the secret was literally bursting out of her :p)

• Izzy rode a trike at playgroup today! :D She's been trying and trying for soooo long, and is terribly proud of herself! So long as she doesn't think about it, she can keep going for ages... but every now and again you see her think to herself "holy crap, I'm riding a trike!!!" And then she freezes and forgets how to do it. I love her. She is awesome.

• Catherine is in a junior bed now and didn't fall out on her first night. She is talking more and more and says "Daddy" with a very definite Scottish accent! She is beginning to look like a little girl and not a baby anymore. I can't believe she will be 20 months old this month (I also can't believe my mother had my sister when I was this age - how did she have the energy????).

• first offence for me in this thread. edgar gave me a nipple gripple yesterday :D

he also managed to hold onto a big towel when i picked him up, and managed to say ma and ba, quite an improvement on his usual stuff

• Go, Edgar!

I showed my lovely midwife some of Kai's doodles from the other day, and bearing in mind Kai is 3, she said that her 5 year old can't do anything like it, at all. Often seems to me that all I have to say, regarding what she can do, is based around her drawing skills, but I really am proud of her talent and she's catching up with everything else. She can ride the bike now (stabilisers) and I can understand her when she talks to me.

• Skye made me an Easter basket at pre school with chocolate eggs
    She said it's for you grandma cause mummy got the mothers day pressi bless her

Lee as you know has been I'll for some time
    Came in with a cuppa yesterday and gave me a big hug and told me he had brought the washing in and folded it by himself I'm so proud of him
    Last week he walked all the way to the doctors and back with his support worker

• She sits! Up! All by herself! Eeeeee, she is just TOO spectacularly amazing - is there anything she can't do?!?!?!?!?!?! :wub: :panic: :D