ALCHEMY FESTIVAL 18th - 20th Sept

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Undertone Ruta Tent featuring DJs & Art Display
    Funk, Dubstep, Roots Reggae, Jungle & Drum and Bass.
    DJs will be -
    Donnie Propa - www.myspace.com/donpropa
    Citizen Tat - www.myspace.com/citizentat
    TrickStep - www.myspace.com/worldofweird
    Tres Loco - www.myspace.com/tresloco
    Gluebag - www.myspace.com/garygluebag
    Kim Young Al - www.myspace.com/alrogalski
    + Guests - www.myspace.com/fusionlincoln
    Artwork Supplied by RUTA - http://www.ruta-wear.co.uk/

• From Kiera at Pixie Works:

Pixie Works - positive workshops in yurts!

providing cosmic space for creativity in the community

promoting sustainability and protection of the environment

love and respect!

We aim to deliver high quality workshops to the community that will offer people the opportunity to learn skills in a supportive alternative space, engage in activities that will raise awareness of and respect for the environment, encourage low imapct living and connect communities with nature.

Workshops activities will include; environmental and recycled art, music taster sessions, alternative technology, clay modelling, painting, and rural crafts.

• Nigel Photon has been playing for 10 years now since starting DJing in India, one of the last sets at the legendary Solipse festival in Hungary and as a resident of Fraser Clark's Warp Experience party. Since then he's been a Chichime resident in London, played all over the UK and many times in Europe while helping produce Dream Creation and editing Shangri-la-la no.2 and 3 and Revolve Magazine since 2003. His set at Alchemy will see him throw convention out of the window playing some new, some classic, grooving, throbbing psychedelic night-time monsters crossing reality's boundaries.

www.myspace.co.uk/revolvemagazine
    www.revolvemagazine.co.uk

• 3 Daft Monkeys!!
    From Cornwall, 3 Daft Monkeys combine rousing vocals, frenetic fiddling, rhythmical 12-string guitar, dancing bass and foot drum.

" A brilliant Band ... absolutely amazing "
    Mike Harding, BBC Radio 2

Whether it's Celtic, Balkan, Gypsy, Spanish, Cornish or other World Music you are drawn to, you will hear it's influences in their self written music. Add to this the band's varied backgrounds from Dance, Dub, Punk, Reggae and Traditional Folk, and you have a stunning combination.

Their highly anticipated new studio album ‘Social Vertigo’ has been hailed as a dynamic and astonishing album, demonstrating superbly the band’s varied and accomplished musicianship.

Whatever your taste in music, come and see them live ... their unique blend of high octane, funked-up folk is guaranteed to get you dancing!!

Now buy your tickets before they are all gone!!

• I am pleased to say that EARTHBOUND MISFITS will be at Alchemy providing circus skills workshops, walkabout and static shows plus lots more!

Short History Lesson
    The Earth Bound Misfits have been providing quality performances and circus workshops since the turn of 1997. The team are all from different walks of life and backgrounds, they have over 30 years performing and teaching experience between them and are very passionate about their art forms and the benefits it has to offer young and old a like.
    We also provide one of the North of England’s highest quality mobile circus skill workshops. Covering many skills and following the highest codes of practice set out by the National Association of Youth Circus.

You Can Try Your Hand At One of the Following Skills:
    Juggling (scarves, balls, rings, clubs)
    Plate spinning, Yo-yo, Diabolo
    Devil & Rhythm Sticks
    Unicycle, Globe walking, Poi, Astro jax
    Stilt walking,
    Rola Bola (teeter board)
    Cigar boxes, Clowning
    Performing, Balancing skills, Character acting
    Street Theatre Techniques

Disclaimer:
    Before going any further by law we are obliged to bring to you attention this warning from the:

Ministry of Circus:
    All circus and street theatre arts are highly addictive and should not be tried or attempted by anyone with weak wills or addictive traits to their personality.

Earth Bound Misfits Ltd are not responsible for the addiction of the human race to circus and street theatre however we do provide a support service and drop in center so you can discuss your problems with like minded folk.

Performance skills:
    Juggling, Diabolo, Devil stick, Fire juggling/eating/breathing, Unicycling, Giraffe Unicycling, Fire devil-stick, Fire staff, Fire poi, Fire club swinging, Knife/axe and other sharp object juggling, Stilt-walking, Escapology (straight jacket escape) Rolla bola (teeter board), Comedy, Walkabout, Bikes of all shapes and sizes.

+ Much more!

• ASTRAL CIRCUS!!

Astral Circus through out the weekend will be providing an array of fun, excitement, the spectacular and more than a little madness for all ages. With circle shows including tightrope, a huge blue ball, comedy and lots of audience involvement, crazy stilt characters with hilarious interactions, fire dancing and the biggest balloon sculptures ever seen and we are not talking poodles!

Reduced: 66% of original size [ 768 x 1024 ] - Click to view full image

Reduced: 50% of original size [ 1023 x 1010 ] - Click to view full image

Reduced: 98% of original size [ 520 x 390 ] - Click to view full image

• I am pleased to say that the Liberty stage at Alchemy will be soler powered! I am also looking for solar power provide for other things onsite, if you have any or know anyone please get in touch.

• Come one, come all..welcome to the Floating Hat Collective - the only ribaldrous band of artists, musicians, event creators and floaters which focuses on that little bit of infinity between your head and your hat…
    At Alchemy this year we will be providing…
    -2 x 2-hour workshops in the imagination and realization of floating hats;
    Each workshop will be run by four FHC members skilled in the ancient art and philosophy of floating hat creation. The workshops will cater for up to 12 people and will be based around our yurt. These workshops will take the participant from the conception of his/her floating hat to its festival birth. We will demonstrate a variety of floating hat methods, and provide close instruction on making your own. All hats, materials and instruction are offered for free.
    - Walkabout entertainment
    In-character fancy dress and semi-staged interactions with other collective members, hat-wearers and festival goers. Throughout the festival there will be up to 15 FHC members roaming the site (apart from during workshop hours) searching for people and situations that can be coaxed (never forced) into an interaction with FHC members.
    - Hat-pimping services
    For the duration of the festival, all FHC members will be equipped with a variety of hat-augmentation accessories such as felt, ribbon, feathers, glitter, paper hats &etc, freely offered to anyone in need or desire of a sw*nkier hat.
    - Home-made Yurt
    Newly created by one of our members this will be the centre of the FHC at Alchemy. This fully decorated space will not only be home to our workshops but also an inclusive and comfy place to relax and meet other hat fanatics.
    Come pay us a visit…
    “We hope that you’ll enjoy our antics
    (we’ll leave you be if you’re feeling frantic)
    There’ll be no need for harsh invective
    When with the Floating Hat Collective.”

• Hey,
    I've bought me ticket for Alchemy, now i'm lookin for a liftshare from Londonium...to the festie, either Thursday or VERY early Friday morn...'tis such an awkward place to get to by coach...goin by the times and all...i've checked...
    Da-Renn.

• http://www.myspace.com/skiprat27"]Skiprat[/url] Will be at Alchemy!
    SKIPRAT were formed way back in 2001 by a group of friends who were sick of hearing the same old indie and tribute bands that were doing the scene at the time. Over the years the band line up has changed a little but this only help in making our sound even better, we feel that there is a space out there for a band like us who don’t just stick to the NORM. We think that mixing two genre’s that wouldn’t normally be put together such as punk & reggae and creating a unique sound that would appeal to wider audience is What makes us stand out from the rest. When we play at festivals we always go down a storm and our fan base is forever expanding due to our fresh sound

• I am pleased to say that Jan's"]http://www.jansvan.co.uk/"]Jan's blackboard van[/url] will be at Alchemy!

http://www.lodsos.co.uk/joequillin"]Unit number 7 [/url] will be at Alchemy!
    http://www.myspace.com/oldarcadians"]Old Arcadians[/url] will be at Alchemy!
    http://www.myspace.com/skiprat27"]Skiprat[/url] Will be at Alchemy!
    SKIPRAT were formed way back in 2001 by a group of friends who were sick of hearing the same old indie and tribute bands that were doing the scene at the time. Over the years the band line up has changed a little but this only help in making our sound even better, we feel that there is a space out there for a band like us who don’t just stick to the NORM. We think that mixing two genre’s that wouldn’t normally be put together such as punk & reggae and creating a unique sound that would appeal to wider audience is What makes us stand out from the rest. When we play at festivals we always go down a storm and our fan base is forever expanding due to our fresh sound.
    http://www.myspace.com/chukinmusic"]Chukin[/url]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/I_AF4FRRJHo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> http://www.youtube.com/v/I_AF4FRRJHo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">[/youtube]
    Just thought I would mention that Alchemy is just down the road from Brandy Wharf Cider centre who do carry outs in plastic screw top bottles, and this is just over the road from Brandy Wharfe Leasure park if you want to camp before or after Alchemy, I know they allow music till late and you will all be made welcome there!

• It's nice to see a festival promoter so positively pushing acts and things happening at his festival from my expierience so many of them really just don't seem to care.

Thanks!

http://www.myspace.com/mandolinmania"]Broadsword[/url]
    We are BROADSWORD and we come from Grimsby UK. We're a lively jiggy folk-rock trio with the accent on fun and entertainment using mandolin, banjo, guitar, and percussionary delights including a washboard too! Playing a mix of classic Irish jiggy stuff through to classic rock from the likes of Pogues, REM, Waterboys, Flogging Molly, Steve Earle, Cheiftains, Saw Doctors, Levellers, Eagles, Thin Lizzy, Tom Jones, Rolling Stones, and even Queen!

• Oh my anvil's packed, I'm ready to go....:D
    Yup, I have a van full of steel and coke, (no, not that kind:whack:), several hammers and other assorted junk, ready to be warmed gently over the fire until it goes a lovely yellow and turned into.....I don't really know what yet actually, but I'm sure I'll think of something. bring a kettle and I'll heat it up for you. :D.

• Ahh, really wish I could go to this!

I know (personally and musically) Mike Dawes and Amy Turk, they're something really quite special. Mike plays guitar in all sorts of styles, including laying across his lap and tapping the strings. Amy plays the Harp (beautiful 47 string concert monster!), and has been since she was 7, I think! She's won all sorts of awards. Individually, they are extremely tallented musicians. Together they are mindblowing.

I think they're playing on the Liberty stage at 11am (despite being told previously they'd be playing a lot later... not sure what happened there) on the Sunday. Go see them if you can! :clap: