What is truth anyway?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Would anarchy bring out the "best" (lovingkindness, peacefulness etc) in people?

'Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance'

Anarchy in its political form is not attainable to us at this point in our spiritual and social evolution. For anarchy to work it assumes that all mankind cares enough for those around them to be able to live in harmony. The absence of laws or controls over the actions of others simply allows greed to run rampant. Greed is the "evil" that makes utopia and its dream of using anarchy as political system completely impossible.

We just dont care enough about each other as sentient beings to allow us to enjoy true freedom.

We're all bastard!! hehehe :)

• "Going boldly nowhere......" that's funny!!!

Well I have read a little about his ideas on archetypes and I love the idea of a collective unconscious. it ties in with other stuff i've read about collective mind spaces...Sheldrake's morphogenic field, the akashic records etc. Love the idea that the brain is not a producer of thought but a RECIEVER....getting even more bizzare when we think about where ideas actually come from!!
    Think we need more cake!!!!

hey there reality :)

I have this crazy theory to go along with the akashic record idea and possibly where our ideas come from. Its about our first steps to reaching the point where we can draw all knowledge from the aether. In our stage of energetic progression in this reality we are currently able to draw energy rather easily from water. Have you ever noticed how you always feel great after a dive or a swim of a bath or any other interaction where you are completely emearsed in water? The idea is that water stores and transfers the energy of what ever it comes into contact with. Energy is easily measured in water as a wave form. You should check out the work of Masaru Emoto. He's doing some wild scientific experiments showing that water stores emotion. The biggest influence on water tho is the slow vibration given off by the earth itself. The planet pulsates at a freequency determind by the movements of its physical makeup as well as the external gravitational pull of other soler obljects which inturn are affected by other forces etc. Any way, the particular freequency that the earth ocilates at is what you get in a focused form from water. Its the ultimate feelgood freequency. The freequency stored in the water transfers its energy to you (through the morphic field?), who are mostly made up of water and that then inturn transfers through to the parts of your body that are responsable for emotions. The waves of energy continue on to stimulate the chemical processes in the brain responsable for emotion. The emotion stimulated in this case is happynes and calm. Now assuming all knowledge is stored in wave form, in different freequency's, throughout the universe. Everything you ever wanted to know could be in the water around us and in us. Its just a matter of trying to "remember it" using the brain as a "receiver" and "processor" for all the knowledge that is already out there and at our fingertips.

Water is the catalyst for us to learn to absorb the energy of everything and in so doing become one with the universe.

• hey there reality :)

I have this crazy theory to go along with the akashic record idea and possibly where our ideas come from. Its about our first steps to reaching the point where we can draw all knowledge from the aether. In our stage of energetic progression in this reality we are currently able to draw energy rather easily from water. Have you ever noticed how you always feel great after a dive or a swim of a bath or any other interaction where you are completely emearsed in water? The idea is that water stores and transfers the energy of what ever it comes into contact with. Energy is easily measured in water as a wave form. You should check out the work of Masaru Emoto. He's doing some wild scientific experiments showing that water stores emotion. The biggest influence on water tho is the slow vibration given off by the earth itself. The planet pulsates at a freequency determind by the movements of its physical makeup as well as the external gravitational pull of other soler obljects which inturn are affected by other forces etc. Any way, the particular freequency that the earth ocilates at is what you get in a focused form from water. Its the ultimate feelgood freequency. The freequency stored in the water transfers its energy to you (through the morphic field?), who are mostly made up of water and that then inturn transfers through to the parts of your body that are responsable for emotions. The waves of energy continue on to stimulate the chemical processes in the brain responsable for emotion. The emotion stimulated in this case is happynes and calm. Now assuming all knowledge is stored in wave form, in different freequency's, throughout the universe. Everything you ever wanted to know could be in the water around us and in us. Its just a matter of trying to "remember it" using the brain as a "receiver" and "processor" for all the knowledge that is already out there and at our fingertips.

Water is the catalyst for us to learn to absorb the energy of everything and in so doing become one with the universe.

thats quite a wild theory. it sounds incredibly super spiritual. it seems this word energy is used so much in science hey.

like using the word energy makes it sound so much more connected. everyone is looking for something to make them feel more connected to the earth or whatever. why? dont they feel connected already?

and what does it really mean to feel 'more connected'?

• i think what is more likely is that its a producer as well as a reciever

Maybe!!! but perhaps the brain simply re-jigs old thought, processes it for us...and new thought (novelty) comes in when the mind expands enough to "channel" it (hate to use that word!) ?????

• Would anarchy bring out the "best" (lovingkindness, peacefulness etc) in people?

'Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance'

Welcome Natural Boy!
    I would describe myself as almost an anarchist but the almost is a key word here. I would agree with African Drifter about anarchy and the human condition!!
    What say you?

• hey there reality :)

Cool!! Hence the moon's association with water and emotions! (like with the tarot card)

• Welcome Natural Boy!
    I would describe myself as almost an anarchist but the almost is a key word here. I would agree with African Drifter about anarchy and the human condition!!
    What say you?

Are we by nature:-

1) all loving people who have become corrupted by straying from the path we were designed to follow

2) all hateful, greedy people who need "laws" to stop, or curtail, perceived destructive behaviour

3) a mixture of both

?

I tend to believe the first, a belief based on an observation of a "primitive", "unadulterated" society.

Are laws a way in which some in society are trying to "fix", or manage, a problem (destructive human behaviour) in a way that they think is best without getting to the root of the problem?

• surely now is the time for a dick joke :o

Three couples (friends) travel together to a resort hotel, only to find thattheir reservations have been screwed up, and they all have to stay in oneroom. There are 2 king-sized beds, and it is decided that the men will allsleep in one, and the women in the other. In the middle of the night, the guyin the middle wakes up, and says to the man next to him "let me out. I haveGOT to get to my wife! I have the biggest hard-on I have ever had, and I'vegot to get to her NOW! The other guy says "O.K. Do you want me to come withyou?" "What the hell for?" asks the other. "Because that's MY dick you're holding!" says he.:D

• I'll have to think about that.

• May I go back to what ELLIOT said about being connected, because I think it is related here.
    We all seem to be looking for some kind of connection. Through our lovers, through drugs, through our beliefs and ideas.......Maybe some of us feel more "connected" than others. Some people do seem to have a sense that at some level we are all connected (all one) they are more likely to think of themselves as part of a greater whole...whilst others feel less connected and see them selves as seperate individuals or just part of a family/clan.
    If they are viewing the world so differently then maybe their responses will be different, their choices about how to live their lives will be different. Perhaps more self serving.
    So I would say that unless we share the same basic view on this anarchy wouldn't work.
    No good changing the system if the people in it stay the same.
    Maybe a general shift in consciousness is the only way through...but this then poses the question "can we accellerate this kind of shift?"...or does it just have to happen in it's own time?

• Maybe a general shift in consciousness is the only way through...but this then poses the question "can we accellerate this kind of shift?"...or does it just have to happen in it's own time?

The universe has its own pace....and allthe expressions of oppression within it are linked with belief in the possibility of accelerating it.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• The universe has its own pace....and allthe expressions of oppression within it are linked with belief in the possibility of accelerating it.

Interesting, can you say more about that? ...."belief" in the possibility or "actual" possibility??

• Interesting, can you say more about that? ...."belief" in the possibility or "actual" possibility??

Well, there is no actual ability to accelerate the universe....as any speed, and change of speed, is always going to be the universe's own :D The idea of "accelerating" it implies an accelerator and an accelerated; a divide which simply does not exist.

The belief that the universe can be accelerated in some way is about "control". All expressions of oppression are then part of this desire to correct/improve the universe in some way; judgementalism in action, so to speak.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• No good changing the system if the people in it stay the same.
    Maybe a general shift in consciousness is the only way through...but this then poses the question "can we accellerate this kind of shift?"...or does it just have to happen in it's own time?

Suppose a Government suddenly abolished all laws (thereby ceasing to exist by default?). Would "it's" people stay the same? If you believe they would then doesn't this imply that you believe that people are not influenced by their surroundings/environment? Would anarchy actually accellerate a general shift in consciousness by then enabling "the universe" to release a greater spiritual empowering (like opening a sluice gate or unblocking a water course)? Do laws, on a sub-conscious level perhaps, say to people "Deep down there is something wrong with you (humanity), this is why you have to be subject to laws and punishment: they are there to keep you in check". And if you, pehaps sub-consciously, believe that there's something wrong with you and others then how can you truly love,respect yourself and others? And if you believe that there's something wrong with you so that you can't truly love,respect yourself and others, then how can you be liberated spiritually (finding freedom) by "the universe" - aren't you "tying "it's" ("the universe's") hands" in effect? Isn't it like trying to drive and steer a car when there is no gear box and so you can't get out of neutral?
    So would anarchy naturally make feel better about themselves and, as a natural consequence ("as sure as night follows day"), release people into being able to receive greater spiritual "blessing" and so naturally lead them to be more loving,respectful ("better"?) people? Would anarchy be like suddenly giving the car the gear box that would enable it to move forward and be driven and steered? Would it lead to a general shift in consciousness?

• there was a tv documentary on recently about the moon landings-hoax or reality.apparently this man who worked for nasa claims they were fake and he was sworn to secrecy just like the so called ufo sightings

• there was a tv documentary on recently about the moon landings-hoax or reality.apparently this man who worked for nasa claims they were fake and he was sworn to secrecy just like the so called ufo sightings

Is it true? Not the facts about the programme, (not doubting your word Hightower) but is it true that the moon landings were a hoax?

• Is it true? Not the facts about the programme, (not doubting your word Hightower) but is it true that the moon landings were a hoax?

Is it fuck. Paranoid conspiraloon rubbish. Hardly worth the effort of discrediting. Apart from anything else, basic common sense.... you've conducted the biggest hoax in human history, so what do you do?

(a) Wipe the sweat off your forehead and count your lucky starts that you managed to get away with it, praying you never get caught, or...

(b) Do the same thing five more times, just because you can't believe your luck and you feel like taking a risk or two.

Duh.

• Hello again boys and girlz.

Sorry bout my long absence from this thread. been parked up in a beautiful piece of forest down south meeting with people being hunted by the free masons. Thats a whole nother story tho.
    Unfortunately there has been no interweb so i havnt had a chance to post any thing here.

Any way i was having a thought about what coyote said "The universe has its own pace....and all the expressions of oppression within it are linked with belief in the possibility of accelerating it."

I figure that we as a species cant accelerate the universe itself but we do have influence over our own acceleration. The forward shift in technology, our spiritual evolution. social evolution etc is easily do-able. By our very nature we are sentient beings and there for have control over our own acceleration as a species with in the universal framework by the choices we make.

• I figure that we as a species cant accelerate the universe itself but we do have influence over our own acceleration. The forward shift in technology, our spiritual evolution. social evolution etc is easily do-able. By our very nature we are sentient beings and there for have control over our own acceleration as a species with in the universal framework by the choices we make.

That makes the assumption that we are free, independent and willfull beings within the universe ("Freewill" in other words - allowing for spontaneous "beginnings") rather than every situation simply arising out of what came before it....

• morality isn't on a par with truth. . . . .if i say the sky is sometimes blue,thats a solid truth,we perceive that its is,because we,as humans have evolved to see it that way,its subjective to our own particular reality. . If i say eating meat is abhorrant,its because i hold a system of belief which i adhere to. . Truth is sometimes relative. . . Take faith for example,people believe what they are taught to be true,to a certain extent. . . and one the other side of the coin you have Mr Dawkins taking a totally different approach. . . So in short? If its looks like a duck,walks like a duck,and indeed quacks like a duck,its probably is a duck,but on the molecular level? Duck knows. . . . (i apologise for bumpin this thread,i just found the subject kinda interesting)

I live on a sound lil Narrowboat with me dog.pagan and happy in my skin,single and chilled