Sunrise!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Been looking at this http://sunrisecelebration.com/index.php and couldn't find a thread on it on here... redirect me if there already is one!!

Just wondering who else is planning on going :D I def am, and my housemate is gonna come with me (despite being a metal-head:eek:)

Has anyone been before, can tell us anything about what it is like etc., apparently it will be smaller this year than last, but as I've not been before that means nothing to me lol

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• it wont be on the same site!!! the other site was wikkid for the dry year though! the organisers were just a little optimistic holding a festival on a flood plain if you ask me!

sunrise is in its fourth year now and is an awesome little festie. the original management of the event was completely shit and loads of people got screwed over (including me) and yet i would still really highly recomend this event because i want it to succeed so much. it should be so good but has had alot of teething troubles.

definately near the top of my list.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• yeah its a great festival....... one of the best i been to in uk!!

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• im thinkin about it, tho after last years fiasco im reluctant to buy a ticket upfront for anything and with two kids to pay for its a lot of money.. saying that i went for the first two and loved it to pieces :) psytrance there is just awesome, and the kids area better than any other festie i been too... nearly £170 tho for 2 kids me and the car, xx

just noticed they not selling tickets on the gate either, take chances with the weather again i reckon lol

• i think last year, although a fiasco, proved that the new managment are much more trustworthy than old management. i was really suprised when everyone got refunded/free tickets to big chill/waveform. i didnt think they'd have the insurance.

i think if anything it shows that if there is another fiasco with the weather that these are the guys that you can trust your money with.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• oh i wanna go but i have bad memorys of mud mud MUD! i no its on a new site tho. boyfriend has said he doesnt want to go and i rely on him for caravan, my tent is just too small and unwater proof! i need persuading :D

• yup totally, i got my money back, although still lost out after fees etc they took out of it :/... reason im reluctant is for the same reason i am for any uk festival now, if the weather is as awfull again, had two very dissapointed kids amongst other things, more up for buying on gates on the weekend of festivals if the weather is nice, tho unfortunately for most of them thats hard to do...

Saying that will prob take my chances this year, after glade 2 years ago and sunrise last year ive not had much luck lol.... roll on Freedom festival in Portugal :)))

i think last year, although a fiasco, proved that the new managment are much more trustworthy than old management. i was really suprised when everyone got refunded/free tickets to big chill/waveform. i didnt think they'd have the insurance.

i think if anything it shows that if there is another fiasco with the weather that these are the guys that you can trust your money with.

• although to be fair it should of been called of way before people headed down there and all of my friends are refusing to go for reasons such as that, i ldidnt head down so im not so sore..., but thats another story for another thread ;)

Sunrise is a wicked festival, ( as long as its sunny ) hehe... and cant wait to see the line up this year :)x

• although to be fair it should of been called of way before people headed down there and all of my friends are refusing to go for reasons such as that, i ldidnt head down so im not so sore..., but thats another story for another thread ;)

Sunrise is a wicked festival, ( as long as its sunny ) hehe... and cant wait to see the line up this year :)x

i still thought it could have gone ahead if it werent for the misfortune of that one huge deluge. the rest of the time on site was not so bad weatherwise!

but yeah, this ones been done to death on this thread

if i had any money i would consider buying a ticket to this one rather than working it because i think its that good. i might still have it as my holiday festival because i think its very good value.

• yeah maybe, i wouldnt personally of felt safe having the kids on that site, im gonna get a ticket tho as i feel its one of the best festies for psytrance for the parents and the kids area for the kids, along side with Solfest :), after last year Sunrise deserves some lovely sunny weather...

Wish id kept hold of my tickets now as i just noticed ive missed all the early bird ones bahh...

Yayy festival season is nearing :) im getting well excited now,

xx

i still thought it could have gone ahead if it werent for the misfortune of that one huge deluge. the rest of the time on site was not so bad weatherwise!

but yeah, this ones been done to death on this thread

if i had any money i would consider buying a ticket to this one rather than working it because i think its that good. i might still have it as my holiday festival because i think its very good value.

• I've heard a rumour that apparently has come from someone in the Sunrise office that it's possibly going to be split into 2 smaller festivals. I don't know how true this is but it did come from a reliable source.

• Post by ghost ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • Post by Sarah ().

• Post by ghost ().

• Post by Sarah ().

• We will be there with the Ladybird Project... please come and say hello - we'll be the ones in the bright red tent. We're running loads of fun workshops, everything from puppet making and stories around the campfire to straw bale living rooms and a circus sports day.
    We'll also be running a carnival on Sunday night where everyone can showcase what they've learned.
    Do come and say hi, it's going to be ace! x

• Were defo going this year, doing litter pick... Still enjoyed last year despite the terribal rain and my truck sinking so far in the mud that I thought i would never see her again!

Laters

:insane:

• Is anyone stewarding and travelling from London? Be my first festi not really going with a gang, scary! I'm gonna do it though :)

Fairest of the Happy Hippy Redheads
    I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... :heart: