What Are You Currently DRINKING????

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• No, no, no. Only once, never again. Evil stuff. :barf:

Youve mentioned this before! Im the same with whisky after a free bottle of bells from work at xmas about 25 years ago. Supped most of the bottle, woke up covered in sick, bed covered in sick, floor covered in sick, carpet covered in sick, toilet covered in sick. To say my mother wasn't impressed is an understatement.. Even the smell now makes me queasy... :barf:

Edit - and a hangover that lasted a couple of days....

• Youve mentioned this before! Im the same with whisky after a free bottle of bells from work at xmas about 25 years ago. Supped most of the bottle, woke up covered in sick, bed covered in sick, floor covered in sick, carpet covered in sick, toilet covered in sick. To say my mother wasn't impressed is an understatement.. Even the smell now makes me queasy... :barf:

For me it was Pernod. ?

• Youve mentioned this before! Im the same with whisky after a free bottle of bells from work at xmas about 25 years ago. Supped most of the bottle, woke up covered in sick, bed covered in sick, floor covered in sick, carpet covered in sick, toilet covered in sick. To say my mother wasn't impressed is an understatement.. Even the smell now makes me queasy... :barf:

Edit - and a hangover that lasted a couple of days....

I rendered myself unconscious on bells at age 15 and thereafter couldnt tolerate even the faint smell of whisky.

Finally 25 years later i persevered through the vomit inducing smell barrier and since then its become one of my favorite drinks.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• I rendered myself unconscious on bells at age 15 and thereafter couldnt tolerate even the faint smell of whisky.

Finally 25 years later i persevered through the vomit inducing smell barrier and since then its become one of my favorite drinks.

Im pretty sure unconciousness was involved. I have no memory from about a third of the way down the bottle to waking up to a sticky stinky mess, thinking WTF and swinging my feet out of bed and it squelching between my toes...

• I've just realised that I have never been taken by blackcurrant drinks, though I like the fruit very well. Could it be because I diluted the Pernod with it all those years back? <X

• Im pretty sure unconciousness was involved. I have no memory from about a third of the way down the bottle to waking up to a sticky stinky mess, thinking WTF and swinging my feet out of bed and it squelching between my toes...

Mine was in my hair pillow bed carpet clothes up the wall..well actually everywhere and when i came round my dad dragged me by the scruff of neck,rubbed my face in it and made me clean it up..i think i added some more to it while i was cleaning.

Di occhi belli ne è pieno il mondo,ma di occhi che ti guardano con sincerità e amore, c'è ne sono pochi. :hippy:

• As a kid, lager and lime was one of the 'in' drinks, took away the piss taste of lager on it's own, drank gallons, no problem but one night I tried lager and black. Like Southern Discomfort it disagreed after just one session and after talking to the big white telephone and vowing never again, it's another self promise I've kept.

• Ouzo is lovely i like aniseed but its got a lingering quality...Similarly Sambuca ive drunk shed loads of and Disaronno and Rum... Did i say id got a drink problem :D

I did drink a lot of sambuca in greece and thought it very tasty. Got home and found it undrinkable.

Maybe it always is undrinkable and the fact it was free in the bars after youd been buying lagers all night had something to do with it?

• Sambuca is Italian but just as Ouzo Anisette Absynthe theyre all flavoured with aniseed.

Black Sambuca (which isnt black) is more sweet and syrupy and stronger liquorice taste to the white Sambuca (which is not white but clear) :insane:

Maybe you had the 'black' in Greece.

I dont care what color it is it goes down just as nicely, there just isnt enough in the bottle.

• Sambuca is Italian but just as Ouzo Anisette Absynthe theyre all flavoured with aniseed.

Black Sambuca (which isnt black) is more sweet and syrupy and stronger liquorice taste to the white Sambuca (which is not white but clear) :insane:

Maybe you had the 'black' in Greece.

I dont care what color it is it goes down just as nicely, there just isnt enough in the bottle.

Was definately sweet and syrupy, like treacle. Didnt realise there was a difference. Off to google now for black sambuca..

Bloody foreigners leading me astray... [panic]:insane::whistle:

• did i read that absynthe was banned in france..?

tea is best twinnings assam ooohhh its better than sex ...trouble is ive forgotten what sex is like....

over rated no doubt !!!!;)

ive just noticed it dosent show how old i am to the left.. like miserable old git 67

Banned in lots of places. I import mine and it's cheaper / alcohol content than buying the weak stuff here.

I've yet to see the fairy but one effect I found was a sense of calm. It's been a wee while since I've indulged as I like my whisky but maybe soon. My absinthe fountain still sits on my desk ready to drip. :hippie:

• Banned in lots of places. I import mine and it's cheaper / alcohol content than buying the weak stuff here.

I've yet to see the fairy but one effect I found was a sense of calm. It's been a wee while since I've indulged as I like my whisky but maybe soon. My absinthe fountain still sits on my desk ready to drip. :hippie:

Never been a drink ive looked for being more into scotch but found this site just,is this normal price range?

Here