Thimbleberry Festival, Durham June 5,6 7 2009

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Oh well must find wellies, i live in hope that they got the fuckcast wrong:hippy:
    Hey what the hell i am still looking forward to it, :D.

• I've just realised how tight my travelling time is from leaving Birmingham by train at noon tomorrow to getting to Durham and them getting across to Stanhope overe by a couple of buses I haven't got much time to mess about, I'm playing the first set on the psy trance stage (@ 7:30) as my alter ego Anton Kanyini. but I'm sure I'll get there in good time Friday is a good night for bands actually with ZubZub and Wobbley Squadron playing.

• I haven't got much time to mess about, I'm playing the first set on the psy trance stage (@ 7:30) as my alter ego Anton Kanyini. but I'm sure I'll get there in good time Friday is a good night for bands actually with ZubZub and Wobbley Squadron playing.

Dont know what time i will get there, i will try to catch your first set.:hippy:

• woz going up 2day but its bloody freezing and pouring down :rolleyes: Mite pop over later if the rain lets up or see what its like 2moro ;)

• It was a great little festival, it did rain (quite a bit) but despite the rain there weirdly wasn't a great deal of mud about, ZubZub were really good Wobbley Squadron were fantastic Zion train had a new vocalist and a slightly different sound to when I saw them last the old techno dub of the 90's was replaced by a more traditional reggae paced set but they were very good.
    the whitedogs chill out dome was very good, the psy trance area had some good sounds and then I'd find the odd weird happening in other strange tents, we had a good time.

• I arrived on saturday night & found that everyone was a day ahead of me in the messyness state so had to catch-up, will def get there on friday in Sept to put that right! Saw Ziontrain, they were great! The music was great! The people were great! Good gig! Have you & your crew recovered yet Greenthing? Could have done without the mud, but I've been in a lot worse!

• Have you & your crew recovered yet Greenthing?

I did not leave untill 8pm on the Monday, the older i get the longer it takes for me to recover mate.:hippy:
    It was nice to meet you, maybe i will see you there in September.:thumbup:

• My friend Craig who played there and also helps arrange it has since told me a lot of stuff was nicked! lights, pedals for instruments evan a girls hoola hoops! FFS it was only a really small gathering what is wrong with some people! x

• i heard about the thieving..its way out of order..
    thats problem with parties, wrong folks find out, can afford cheap price, and go purely to rob:(

only solution is an invite only i suppose, only trusted friends of Andy&Craig and such....
    Hazy, i must know you, we move in similar circles...:)

• Yep its funny but I feel I know you too, we'll have to arrange to meet up at one of these gigs one day. x

Greenthing said: maybe i will see you there in September.:thumbup:

Is there another festival there in september?? Do you know the dates?? Many thanks :hippy:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh!

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.

• My friend Craig who played there and also helps arrange it has since told me a lot of stuff was nicked! lights, pedals for instruments evan a girls hoola hoops! FFS it was only a really small gathering what is wrong with some people! x

It's a shame but shit happens at nearly all festivals, the rule is do not take anything with you that you can not afford to loose.:hippy:

• It's a shame but shit happens at nearly all festivals, the rule is do not take anything with you that you can not afford to loose.:hippy:

It was mainly entertainers that had stuff pinched not in individual tents :rolleyes:

• Well that's me booked that date on the calendar :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh!

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.

• It was mainly entertainers that had stuff pinched not in individual tents :rolleyes:

Maybe it would be a good thing to have safe storage for them to put their stuff in, a lock up of some sort.
    We had no problems but we were camped next to a half a dozen barking Mastiffs belonging to a friend of the wife and i. :whistle: