Thimbleberry Festival, Durham June 5,6 7 2009

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Thimbleberry festival this year features on the main stage the likes of Zion train , Zub Zub (made up mainly of ex members of Ozrics), Wobbly Squadron , Cakehole Presley and O.P.E.N. + more

Psy stage features the UK underground names like Natzan (tribe of frog), Skyhighatrist, Madmick, Bez23, Jon Kenobi , Lunar seed, Asram project, + more

Chill out has people like Superboss, Solar Bud, Astrodruid, White dog, Technognome, Soft room , Earth Angel and CosmoNaughty.

• Thats near Stanhope i know one or two people that have been.

• I use to pass through Stanhope now and then and i have seen buses but i could not say where they run from, Bishop Auckland is pretty close though.

• Yeah I think I've got my route sussed If I get off the train at BIshop aukland I go via Wolsingham by bus to Stanhope (route 101)
    acts are being added to the dance area all the time, the festivals website isn't so helpful but there's lots of info on psymusic forum.
    the chill out area is running 24 hours.

• is there realy a chillout this year?, that would be great, i love chill, better than bang! bang! bang! all night. Will be there if ive recovered from sunrise!

bang! bang! bang! is O.K. but not constantly, sorry bang fans!

• When it's so close to your home you might as well have a look in. it's got a good reputation many people have mentioned how the vibe of Thimbleberry is like going back to the free festivals of days gone by.

• When it's so close to your home you might as well have a look in.

Its not far from me so its possible i will give it a visit.

many people have mentioned how the vibe of Thimbleberry is like going back to the free festivals of days gone by.

That may well be but its not free is it, wonder if they do concessions or let us all in for nowt then it would give out the real vibe:hippy: :reddevil:

• it isnt expensive tho

I know i was just having a silly moment in my other post.
    I have some friends that go there and i have been meaning to go for a few years now but i have always been busy i will try to go this year all being well.

• yes! i've been there a few times, seen nik turner, here & now, eatstatic, etc. 40 mins drive from my place so Its hard not to go, Ziontrain this time!
    & plenty techno!

• Well I dunno about techno, Psy trance am I splitting hairs here ? ZubZub are playing the band formed by Zia ex Ozrics are he's invited some other ex Ozric tentacles members along for the ride too Jumping John the flute player is in them as well.
    There's a lot of stuff on they I haven't heard but I've heard good things about Astro druid who is playing his live stuff in the chill out plays kind of chilled breakbeat I've heard that he's supposed to be excellent, I've met the guy from the act a couple of times now at festivals but can't say I've caught his act.
    There is a Dub area as well at this thimbleberry.

• I will probably be going if all goes well with my vans mot, so if you guys are going we should have a meet.:hippy:

• yeas I get the idea that the website just doesn't sell it very well, there's like two bands listed on the website and a photo of a field....but everyone who's been previous thimbleberrys has said it's great so there must be a full line up of acts etc.

• Whahoooo the van passed its MOT, only needed two wipers and it is back on the road so all being well i will be there.:D
    Keep your eyes open for this, my not so hippy van.:hippy:
    this photo was taken on Stanhope moors near Thimbleberry

• does that mean the Thimbleberry Festival is free has the universe answered my question can I bring my small tipi???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh!

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.

• Free nah £45 to buy a ticket £50 at the gate, your tipi should be OK:hippy:

• no wont be going as me and my tipi cant afford that for a weekend of fun that's the equivalent to a month of grain for me :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh!

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.

• Thimbleberry is on next weekend, I live very near it and when you get off the bus you have to walk about 1 -2 miles up a very steep hill over a ford to get to it. Then a quater of a mile down a very rough one way only farm track. If u r lucky people may pass u and give u a lift! It is the highest farm in the area x

• I should also say you can get there without going over the ford but you need to add 1/4 mile to the trip x

• Thimbleberry is on next weekend, I live very near it and when you get off the bus you have to walk about 1 -2 miles up a very steep hill over a ford to get to it. Then a quater of a mile down a very rough one way only farm track. If u r lucky people may pass u and give u a lift! It is the highest farm in the area x

yes, when i move...when i said *this* weekend..i meant the weekend this is on! oops!

had a friend with a car booked to go and everything...o well, there`s always september:)