Quotes that you love!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Any idiot can face a crisis-it's living day to day that wears you out.

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom

• Here are a few of my favourites...

'Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.'
    Brendan Gill

'After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.'
    Italien Proverb

'The line between good and evil runs not through states, nor between classes, nor political parties either, but through every human heart,
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn

'To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.'
    David Viscott

and finally my moto...

'Viva la vida.'
    Frida Kahlo

• Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. (Friedrich Nietzsche)

So true just look at polotics, it's a very very mad world.
    So a good quote/lyric to commliment that is this :whistle:
    All around me are familiar faces
    Worn out places - worn out faces
    Bright and early for their daily races
    Going nowhere - going nowhere
    And their tears are filling up their glasses
    No expression - no expression
    Hide my head I want to drown my sorrow
    No tommorow - no tommorow

And I find it kind of funny
    I find it kind of sad
    The dreams in which I'm dying
    Are the best I've ever had
    I find it hard to tell you
    'Cos I find it hard to take
    When people run in circles
    It's a very, very Mad World

Children waiting for the day they feel good
    Happy Birthday - Happy Birthday
    Made to feel the way that every child should
    Sit and listen - sit and listen
    Went to school and I was very nervous
    No one knew me - no one knew me
    Hello teacher tell me what's my lesson
    Look right through me - look right through me

• Just a few of my favourites.. :flower:

Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling and instinct, not by rule

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that

• The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.- Carl Jung

Turned on, tuned in, loved up, trippin out, freaky on the outside, shiny in the middle.

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"By its nature, investigative journalism usually involves writing against the grain, confronting the prevailing political orthodoxy, and often subverting it. Inevitably, investigative reporters are treated with suspicion, sometimes hostility. They tend to be lone wolves who suffer marginalisation, branded (at best) eccentrics, accused (at worst) of being traitors in order to demean and degrade what they write and broadcast" - John Pilger.
    [/FONT]

• Hello :waves:

I found this quote just after my dog died a few months ago and it still brings a tear to my eye whenever I read it...

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." Anon. :cry:

• Hello :waves:

I found this quote just after my dog died a few months ago and it still brings a tear to my eye whenever I read it...

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." Anon. :cry:

That reminds me of "Rainbow Bridge", which still practically tears my heart out- I don't think I've ever been able to read it without welling up a bit. A bit of a long one, but worth the read.

• "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, but if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

Marilyn Munroe

• a couple from python

And that, My Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped.

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

• you are what you love.not what loves you.- abit bittersweet really.

if you cant change something, because its already happened. then you might as well smoke flowers. :hippy: -that ones off the film 12 monkeys

• "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - Inspector Harry Callahan.

• "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - Inspector Harry Callahan.

:thumbup:The coolest guy in the world (even if it was a bit of a liberal bashing film)

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself....