Cannabis as a Class B drug

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• nope, but it was Class B and then got downgraded to C a few years back. Then they commision an in depth report which recommends leaving it as a Class C, but they decide there's more votes in showing what a tough stance they're taking by putting it back up to Class B. Looks good in the Daily Mail:whistle:

:eek: You read the Daily Mail? :eek:

And there was me thinking you were an intelligent person! :pp

• :eek: You read the Daily Mail? :eek:

And there was me thinking you were an intelligent person! :pp

I read EVERYTHING (lol, whatever I find on the train seat basically...I never fund any of em ;-) But I get a good cross section of the Daily Mail, Metro, Sun (ewwwww...but it is easy reading, they only use a vocabulary of 60 words) whatever is there...but of course my fave would be the Guardian.

One must know what is going on in one's opponent's heads to be able to effectively combat them. I do find the completely different spins on the same subject to be quite fascinating. It's the same thing between watching American news reports and European news reports. They can comment on the same subject but with utterly diverse and even conflicting viewpoints.

Was it Rommel who said, "keep your friends close...but keep your enemies closer"? :hug:

• I hate the Daily Mail with a hate that's quite out of place in any sort of:hippy:

Dude, the Daily Fascist (oh, did I say that out loud :whistle:) is an EVIL publication and you can bet yer sweet :asskiss: I dislike it and it's wicked fascist attitude and rantings as much as you brother...but I gotta know what the devils :reddevil: are thinking in order to formulate my own informed opinion against them. And my opinion is...

...THEY SUCK DONKEY DICKS:monster:

• I have always wondered if part of the paranoia some people experience with strong skunk is partially due to the fact that it is illegal? Do you experience the same paranoia when smoking it in Amsterdam where it is nearly legal and certainly more tolerated? :angel:

I know I love the feeling I have there of not being considered a criminal for having a puff :clap:

It doesnt seem to matter where I smoke it same result ! I guess we all have things that agree or not with us !:)

• There are many cannabinoids in cannabis, thc is just one of them. Strains that are high in thc and low in other cannabinoids are more likely to make you paranoid.
    Changing the classification will make absolutely no difference to the numbers of people smoking and fining or jailing them won't make them stop.

• The government say the change in classification is to reflect the stronger skunk stuff now available, so why didn't they leave resin and non skunk herb in class c?

• It was a Class A drug?
    Was that back in the *cough*

*cough*? :whistle:

Hey you are cheeky ain't you.
    Maybe the powers that be were trying make it class A,anyway there was something like that going on because of the super strengh skunk:insane:.
    My memory is not that good anymore.

• The government say the change in classification is to reflect the stronger skunk stuff now available, so why didn't they leave resin and non skunk herb in class c?

Well put Pete.

There are many cannabinoids in cannabis, thc is just one of them. Strains that are high in thc and low in other cannabinoids are more likely to make you paranoid.
    Changing the classification will make absolutely no difference to the numbers of people smoking and fining or jailing them won't make them stop.

Well i am sure it wont stop the likes of you and i for sure, and millions of others.:thumbup:

• I have always wondered if part of the paranoia some people experience with strong skunk is partially due to the fact that it is illegal? Do you experience the same paranoia when smoking it in Amsterdam where it is nearly legal and certainly more tolerated? :angel:

I know I love the feeling I have there of not being considered a criminal for having a puff :clap:

I have been to the Dam, walked into a coffee shop for the first time started to skin up when out the corner of my eye i saw a police car pull up,so what did i do, threw my part made spiff under the table paranoia or what.:insane:

• I have been to the Dam, walked into a coffee shop for the first time started to skin up when out the corner of my eye i saw a police car pull up,so what did i do, threw my part made spiff under the table paranoia or what.:insane:

Lol, yup that is pretty paranoid there Greenthing :insane: As you were skinning up your first spliff and hadn't had a puff yet, I would contend that was cultural conditioning and not attributable to the drug itself ;)

I bet once you got into the swing of things and were confident you were not going to be unfairly persecuted or arrested that the paranoia was no longer an issue...would that be an accurate deduction?

One of my FAVE coffee shops there is (or was) "The Hill Street Blues"...right next to the "Polite" station in the red light district (I do love the fact that the Dutch call their Police, Polites...that is so lovely and very hip :hippy:)

• It doesnt seem to matter where I smoke it same result ! I guess we all have things that agree or not with us !:)

Damn straight there Hippie 35, different drugs will affect different people...differently. So it is very important to know how certain things affect one, and which ones personally are to be avoided (how many of us know lovely, wonderful people who should be aware that they are "instant assholes...just add alchohol".

The reason I am not much of a drinker is because I know that drug can adversely affect me (it doesn't make me into an instant asshole...just makes me sick sometimes :vomit:)

• Lol, yup that is pretty paranoid there Greenthing. As you were skinning up your first spliff and hadn't had a puff yet, I would contend that was cultural conditioning and not attributable to the drug itself ;))

I realised that the moment my unfinished spiff hit the floor and the contents spead to the four winds.:o

I bet once you got into the swing of things and were confident you were not going to be unfairly persecuted or arrested that the paranoia was no longer an issue...would that be an accurate deduction?

You are right on bro no more paranoia,at least untill i set foot back on english soil.

One of my FAVE coffee shops there is (or was) "The Hill Street Blues"...right next to the "Polite" station in the red light district (I do love the fact that the Dutch call their Police, Polites...that is so lovely and very hip :hippy:)

I spent most of my time in Utrek the coffee shop there did special deals on their hash 2 for the price of one on for the price of one,well nearly.
    The Polites where so friendly and helpfull,why cant english police be like that then the world would be a better place.

• It's completely insane. I know people who drink and people who smoke. I don't do either anymore, but I find I just can't talk to people if they've been drinking, even if they appear quite sober, it's frightening, on the other hand I can sit and chat quite happily to people after they've had a spliff or two, eerie really, neither should be banned but I'm pretty sure which needs the most control. Mental health? I've been unfortunate enough to have to visit casualty on a saturday night, and it wasn't full of stoned people. The cops in the centre of town are likewise not breaking up fights between gangs of stoned people, or being called out to houses because the husband has got stoned and gone mad and started beating up his wife and smashing the house up. Nuff said?

• It's completely insane. I know people who drink and people who smoke. I don't do either anymore, but I find I just can't talk to people if they've been drinking, even if they appear quite sober, it's frightening, on the other hand I can sit and chat quite happily to people after they've had a spliff or two, eerie really, neither should be banned but I'm pretty sure which needs the most control. Mental health? I've been unfortunate enough to have to visit casualty on a saturday night, and it wasn't full of stoned people. The cops in the centre of town are likewise not breaking up fights between gangs of stoned people, or being called out to houses because the husband has got stoned and gone mad and started beating up his wife and smashing the house up. Nuff said?

No further questions !:)

Amen to that Brother :badger:

• julianthegypsy Fantastic take a prize off the top shelf, you hit the nail on the head with that post,nice one.:clap: