Cannabis as a Class B drug

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I agree with both of you, it doesn't combat the use of cannabis, it fills up the prison and if people are going to use it, they will just be more cautious. But don't you find its the same with all drugs? Putting them into classes which in turn are attached to pridon sentences doesn't discourage use, it just means that people with a drug problem are locked away and don't receive the help they need

• Lose billions through gambling but whilst being a "Bank" - get your debts paid off.

Get caught with a joint - potentially end up in jail and thus hard to employ, leading you to a life of benefits or crime

Perhaps its time we took the wheel away from the chimps?

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Lose billions through gambling but whilst being a "Bank" - get your debts paid off.

Get caught with a joint - potentially end up in jail and thus hard to employ, leading you to a life of benefits or crime

Perhaps its time we took the wheel away from the chimps?

I think he time we got rid of the chimps, full stop.
    What I don't understand is why do people i.e the government, don't put more efforts into helping people with drug/alcohol problems instead of just 'passing the buck' onto the prisons.

• I think he time we got rid of the chimps, full stop.

So long as people vote, chimps will get in :whistle:

What I don't understand is why do people i.e the government, don't put more efforts into helping people with drug/alcohol problems instead of just 'passing the buck' onto the prisons.

Despite claims to the contrary, govt members are no wiser than your typical sun-reading "man in the street"....so when we give them power, it only amplifies the impact of their ignorance. But its a useful lesson for us to learn (eventually)...;)

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• In a word...NO :hippy::reddevil:

Prohibition did not work with alcohol in the US (indeed, it gave a huge rise to organized crime...and the cannabis prohibition is doing exactly the same)

Treat it like a medical problem and not a criminal problem and they might get somewhere in stopping abuse.

But to simply say "this is bad and don't do it cause we say so...OR ELSE" is expressing a tremendous ignorance of human nature or independence.

Not to mention the mixed messages being sent when two of the MOST dangerous, damaging and addictive drugs are legal and the government is most happy to collect our tax dollars from...alcohol and tobacco. C'mon, how many people die, are physically f****d or abused because of these two "acceptable" and legal drugs? And how many people die or are abused due to cannabis abuse? There are some, surely (none that I am personally aware of), but it ain't proportionate.

If it is our health and well being they are concerned about, shouldn't the nannny state be protecting us from these other drugs as well? Their incredibly destructive natures are very well documented (ask any medical professional).

I would much rather be treated like an adult and allowed to make my own choice in the matter.

If you are a benevolent parent, what is the surest way to fascinate your kid with something?

Tell them not to do it :insane:

• Someone has informed me that it had been downgraded, they heard it on the radio this morning.

• I dont smoke cannabis, and was never a big smoker to begin with so dont know much about it. But I dont think people are ever going to be discouraged until they're ready, and in the meantime surely the government giving people a fine on the spot for cannabis smoking is going to resort to people smoking skunk or stuff that probably isnt as good. I think the pattern will just shift.

• Home Office minister Alan Campbell said: "Cannabis is a harmful drug and while fewer people are taking it than before, it poses a real risk to the health of those who do use it."
    They don't know what the fuck they are talking about:insane: i have smoked it for forty years or more on and off and i find it has medicinal properties if you use the right strain.
    It works fine for me:thumbup:,better than the doctors chemical shite.:vomit:

• Home Office minister Alan Campbell said: "Cannabis is a harmful drug and while fewer people are taking it than before, it poses a real risk to the health of those who do use it."
    They don't know what the fuck they are talking about:insane: i have smoked it for forty years or more on and off and i find it has medicinal properties if you use the right strain.
    It works fine for me:thumbup:,better than the doctors chemical shite.:vomit:

Are you sure thats not why you look like this------->:insane:
    :pp

• They will never stop people from using those that do will continue (me included !) and those that dont wont ! Cant see it making much of a difference really .

• why do people i.e the government, don't put more efforts into helping people with drug/alcohol problems instead of just 'passing the buck' onto the prisons.

Cannabis is only a problem to those who have a addictive nature have quit smoking it many times in my life for long periods of time in fact its good to detox and i do on a regular basis.

• They will never stop people from using those that do will continue (me included !) and those that dont wont ! Cant see it making much of a difference really .

Yeah keep the faith bro.:thumbup:

• surely the government giving people a fine on the spot for cannabis smoking is going to resort to people smoking skunk or stuff that probably isnt as good. I think the pattern will just shift.

Skunk is just another name for cannibis but it is a very strong breed, probably genetically modified.

• Im not to keen on strong skunk .Not enjoyable as makes me a little paranoid !:insane:

You are right i agree 100% i tend to lean towards the strains with medicinal properties such as Northern lights:Dand Jack Herer.:hippy:

• Im not to keen on strong skunk .Not enjoyable as makes me a little paranoid !:insane:

I have always wondered if part of the paranoia some people experience with strong skunk is partially due to the fact that it is illegal? Do you experience the same paranoia when smoking it in Amsterdam where it is nearly legal and certainly more tolerated? :angel:

I know I love the feeling I have there of not being considered a criminal for having a puff :clap:

• Someone has informed me that it had been downgraded, they heard it on the radio this morning.

Quote from Hippyvik

Downgraded to what?

I think it was class A so class B or C

Read the quoted article in the first post you Stoners:D:pp

It's been Class C for years and is now moved to Class B, meaning it is 'officially' more harmful:rolleyes:. however as on the spot fines are still possible, the magistrates are upset that [STRIKETHROUGH]they're being done out of creating more court work[/STRIKETHROUGH] people might get the correct message that cannabis is relatively harmless, especially compared to other Class B drugs.

• The magistrates are at least gladdened that if you're found in possesion a third time, they can brand you a criminal and put you in jail, which at least means that the law can be used to abuse and victimise...which of course is a good thing for many a magistrate and policeman, especially as some people are now suggesting that terrorist laws shouldn't be so openly abused as a way of fucking around with the general public. ;)

• Read the quoted article in the first post you Stoners:D:pp

It's been Class C for years and is now moved to Class B, meaning it is 'officially' more harmful:rolleyes:. however as on the spot fines are still possible, the magistrates are upset that [strikethrough]they're being done out of creating more court work[/strikethrough] people might get the correct message that cannabis is relatively harmless, especially compared to other Class B drugs.

Oy you! :pp

It's Greenthing getting me all confused! :pp

• OK so I am a stoner but I am sure at one stage it was class A on par with the fucking nasty drugs herion coke and so on.
    I mean its a fucking herb man.

• OK so I am a stoner but I am sure at one stage it was class A on par with the fucking nasty drugs herion coke and so on.
    I mean its a fucking herb man.

nope, but it was Class B and then got downgraded to C a few years back. Then they commision an in depth report which recommends leaving it as a Class C, but they decide there's more votes in showing what a tough stance they're taking by putting it back up to Class B. Looks good in the Daily Mail:whistle: