the trouble with "hippy" vans!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• *falls in love with Grendels proud little bus* :wub:
    Like the runty ones I do :D

Cant believe I didnt see this thread before :rolleyes: Some wicked pics on here :)

• Well my van dont look like a hippy van as you can see, never had anyone knock or tell me to move on even with the go faster blue stripe on it.
    It's a ex ambulance maybe thats something to do with it.
    Oh and i do a lot of wilding in the van.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    On the moors.

At my mates house with van in the background and you can see the top of my mates double decker bus.

• This is what gets me.....anything unconventional is a plod magnet...so why not paint them green and signwrite "National Trust" on the side? :D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Well I'll be working out a paint job on a 30' removal truck in the next few months. At the moment it's a slightly trashed white, and I hate plain white. I'm not sure what colour scheme I'll go for as yet but I do know for sure that what a plod may or may not think of it will have absolutely no influence on what I choose to do.
    May art and individuality rule!

• long live the white transit, yipee:clap:

whilst i adored my white transit, out of all the vehicles i've ever owned that was the one the cops paid the most attention to, but loads of people have been saying subtle white has been the way to go so maybe my experience was not so usual.

that kicks arse!!!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• ...so why not paint them green and signwrite "National Trust" on the side? :D

I used to own a newish truck signwritten as a geotechnical survey vehicle with orange beacons on the roof and an asortment of hi viz clothing and hard hats scattered around the cab. Could park it anywhere, town or country.

National Trust's an even better idea though...:)