G's stealth Van

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Yes.. I Am selling my stealth! :eek:
    ok.. some words

This van is designed as a multi use vehicle and has been used for

a family everyday vehicle.
    holidays and weekends.
    a live in.
    overnight stops ANYWHERE.. I slept once outside a police station!

so whats in it!

living bits

wood burning stove..takes sensible size logs and will stay alight all night. proper fit with heat proof insulation,etc. two flue covers. one watertight for moving/parking. one "hat" for when using.

cooker - 2 rings, grill, oven.

sink and drainer with onboard pumped water and waste (25L of each)

double bed 6ft x 4ft..which converts into a large forward facing sofa

safe.. large oversized laptop safe welded to the floor.

large toilet compartment..portapotti included.

12v leisure battery system, 5 lights, 12v sockets, fully built in charging when driving.

240V system fully built in, fuse box,etc, battery charger, sockets,external hook up point.

lockable external gas locker...nearly full gas bottle included.

carbon monoxide alarm/ fire extinguisher/ hook up cable

storage..loads! 5 overhead lockers, 4 big storage areas under fitments,etc, plenty of room for clothing,food,junk and wood.

cd player with 2 rear and 2 front speakers..can be run off engine battery or leisure battery.

blackout curtains front and back for stealth camping and privacy..you can make it pitch black in there even in the middle of a summers day!

shower base with plumbed in waste under back half of bed by rear doors. (from an american RV.. size of an enormous baby bath!)

privacy one way view rear windows

Van bits

3 seats in the front (including drivers)

tow bar and electrics fitted.

cobra alarm with door sensors and microwave sensor...never had a false alarm and always goes off it you forget to disarm it!

cobra engine immobiliser.. no one gonna move this without the key!
    spare wheel/jack/wheel brace all good.

2 front fogs and an extra 2 reversing lights... can light up a whole field!

Technical

Renault Master T35 LWB 1995 (M reg)

2.5L diesel...5 gears.

Power steering..very light to drive and park.. wicked steering lock.. can park it and turn round easier than some cars!

MOT till ...10th November 2009

Tax till end June 2009

Mileage : 140,000

sits nicely on the motorway at 60 mph..will do more but uses a lot more fuel at 70/75 ! 28ish to the gallon.

starts on turn of key instantly every time even at sub zero temperatures we just had.

History...

18 months ago all the required welding was done on this van..and a load more.. new rear wheel arches, bits of floor..and anything else under there.. this was overdone to make it years before anything else would need doing. This van is solid underneath.

was sprayed 2 years ago..so there is the odd scratch,etc..but nothing major..touch up paint included!

All filters/oil, etc changed November.

rear brakes all new November.

I have 3 large boxes of spares from other T35's I have stripped..from wiper blades to fuel pumps,etc....and an extra spare wheel... will include all this with the van.

Insurance

I have it insured with adrian flux as a camper conversion.

Price

dedumdedum....I want this van to go to someone who is going to really get use out of it and care for it. maybe someone who really needs it.. £1600 ?..seems ok? so pm me if you think this is what you want and I'm sure we can sort something out.

It is parked outside, clean inside and out and ready to drive away.

Photos.....

in an album on my profile here

http://www.ukhippy.com/forums/album.php?albumid=144

(if you enlarge the picture you get a description.. like is says "sink"..just in case you get confused:D)

....if you want more just pm me.

G.

• after a few pm's and a bit of thought..here's the plan. I am going to leave it advertised just here for a week. if after that it is not sold..or some other arrangement made.. then the dreaded ebay. (or I could just keep it :reddevil: :spank:)

• Renault Master same as mine and it looks like it is in good condition.

• I could probably stretch to £600 :whistle:

Fuck me, that's exactly what I tried to turn my Toyota Estima Lucida into. Note, the Toyota ('surf bus') was an 8 seater car. Car. Brum brum BANG, too, that was the last I got out of that. But I slept in it during me honeymoon.

Seems such a shame you're selling such a lovely item. Good luck, wish I was buying it.

• Uh I am so tempted to spend all my student loan at once!!
    But then I'd have no food so that's probably not the best idea!

I spent every penny i could muster to buy the Beasty (my new van) off Grahem back in Sept.
    It was soo worth the following week of baked beans :)
    It was n still is one of the best bargains i've ever had

G you sell things tooooo cheap !

I've seen G's work/style (bloody perfectionist :reddevil:)
    whoever buys the stealth is getting a damed nice van and the price ,absolute bargain.

• can you do a instalments plan:whistle:
    seriously though looks a tidy van,whats it registered on the v5 ,commercial or camper?

installements?...hehe.. you got good references..well Jo says anyway:D

V5 is a panel van. but because the gas locker is by the tool booth I always get camper rates on the tolls..even the studland ferry!..and if your are parked outside no17 poshgated closevernight...well...secret squirrel innit

• ok LOVE the van!

:whistle:

the only reason you still have it is cos everyone is skint and my credit card limit is only very low! hope you get the cash soon and dont cry when she goes xx

• installements?...hehe.. you got good references..well Jo says anyway:D

V5 is a panel van. but because the gas locker is by the tool booth I always get camper rates on the tolls..even the studland ferry!..and if your are parked outside no17 poshgated closevernight...well...secret squirrel innit

okies pmd ya

• sex kitten??? youre my new best friend cos you havent seen what i look like!!! x :p

REALLY cool van tho. its not often i mind being broke, only when nice vehicles are for sale :wall:

• ok LOVE the van!

:whistle:

the only reason you still have it is cos everyone is skint and my credit card limit is only very low! hope you get the cash soon and dont cry when she goes xx

Nononononononononoooo mineminemineminemineminemine..... I want. Can't have though :cry:

I want it so I can live a nomadic lifestyle.

But I would still rig up a telly for my Nintendo Wii.