If I was a Victorian I'd want to be.......

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I would want to be a cook making stuff all day, covered in flour with huge bosoms! (Victorian cooks always seem to be rotund, that seems nice!) Perhaps a passel of little scullery boys playing around me.

Hmmmmmm - maybe I'd be a scullery boy instead and play around the huge bosomed cook..........:p

• No i didn't ummm now you mention it though, what's your work number again!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - wind that handle thingy round and round and put on yer best plummy voice
    "Ai say, operatah please connect me to thet Moyne person":moyne:

• Yeah - wind that handle thingy round and round and put on yer best plummy voice
    "Ai say, operatah please connect me to thet Moyne person":moyne:

Can't i get a man to do it for me, like i do with my banking!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'd venture the Squire is all bluster and his coffers have more grain than gold... I espied him furrowing fields with a hand-plough...whilst us poor labourers were sitting in our armchairs:whistle:

That's the way to do it....and while his back's turned I'll take you up on your offer to go and do a spot of poaching - better not venture onto that squire Julians land though 'cos I reckon he might get the peelers out after us.......now where's me shotgun :reddevil:

• I'd like to wear one of those awesome dresses with the corsets and all that jazz!

Stop your day dreaming woman and get back to blacking that range.....I want me dinner on the table as soon as I'm in from the ploughing......:whistle:

• I would love to be one of the independantly wealthy inventors, who sit all day inventing stuff, only independantly wealthy to allow me to do that, otherwise I wouldnt care about the money side of things, just the sitting all day inventing stuff bit really.
    Grendel

• Stop your day dreaming woman and get back to blacking that range.....I want me dinner on the table as soon as I'm in from the ploughing......:whistle:

Haha! What do you want?!
    just no disgusting meats please
    veggies yes
    chicken yes. anything else :vomit:

• Haha! What do you want?!
    just no disgusting meats please
    veggies yes
    chicken yes. anything else :vomit:

You can't turn round and ask the old man what he wants to eat....blimey I've been out in the fields sitting under trees drinking my zider - all you've been doing is cleaning the house and scrubbing the floor and doing the washing and feeding the kids....call that work woman get cooking........:clap:

• You can't turn round and ask the old man what he wants to eat....blimey I've been out in the fields sitting under trees drinking my zider - all you've been doing is cleaning the house and scrubbing the floor and doing the washing and feeding the kids....call that work woman get cooking........:clap:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bash you 'round the house you old lazy bastard!!
    I'll shove that tree up your arse, how's that for a dinner?!

• I in for the wenches too, so i would like to be the master of the hounds so i can whip the young buxom wenches into shape.
    can i can i please, let me be the master of the hounds.

• I in for the wenches too, so i would like to be the master of the hounds so i can whip the young buxom wenches into shape.
    can i can i please, let me be the master of the hounds.

Oh go on then young master - you've got the job.....but you keep they wenches in line mind.........:whip:

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bash you 'round the house you old lazy bastard!!
    I'll shove that tree up your arse, how's that for a dinner?!

Bloody 'ell woman - I'm off down pub 'ave a drink wi' me mates..........

stomp stomp....slams door..........:badmood:

• Ah! Good old Mrs. Miggins. I happen to have threepence about my person and feel in need of a slap up feed. I'm fed up of saving money and living on horses willies.....

horses willies.....you can afford horses willies for your dinner....squires paying you way too much mate an' no mistake..........:eek:

• Threepence, threepence, are you trying to ruin me....threepence will get you a clip round the ear, you ninny-muddling fustilarian....and no mistake ;):D

Yeah - you need a lot more than frippence a pie to keep that comb over in place an' that's a fact.........:pp

• How about a side of a cow for dinner?:angel:

Tiptoes quietly back in
    ....."Hello m'dear....did I hear that dinners ready"
    ............"you know that new dress you were taking a fancy to..."
    ..................."Um - got enough for a few of me mates from the Olde Cock and Pheasent"

:angel:

• Tiptoes quietly back in
    ....."Hello m'dear....did I hear that dinners ready"
    ............"you know that new dress you were taking a fancy to..."
    ..................."Um - got enough for a few of me mates from the Olde Cock and Pheasent"

:angel:

haha!
    new dress - I'm interested.

• haha!
    new dress - I'm interested.

Well get out in the garden and dig the horseradish up and make the sauce and do the washing up .....and go put a hot brick in me bed...........and I might consider it...........:whistle: