Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Cor - you could put a bucket behind every door and hire it out as a travelling [strikethrough]bog[/strikethrough] loo........ :whistle:

• Post by Stardusts Dad ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • The inside picky shows it is a ex prisoner transporter, cool you could lock up your kids up when they are naughty.

• Ok, so...... Yes, she's an ex prison bus, from Leicestershire (so no hills), Ford-Iveco with a 6.2 engine and 74,000 on the clock. The chassis is reasonably good, with new tyres and seems to be watertight (fingers crossed). Does need one brake pipe replacing though. Oh. and Power Steering. Also an Eberspacher

I thought i reconised the number plate:o:whistle::D:D

How about paitng the beast black and white Chequers.

• :eek:

An Eberspacher .....wow.....!!!!

What the bloody hells one of them....:whistle:

It's a heater runs on diesel and 12 or 24 volt, truck drivers have them in thier cabs and most motohomes have them.
    I use a Propex heater in my van.

• it's alright. i have just educated him about the joys of eberspachers!

so you gonna track down bamboo and get the new one painted exactly the same or just find someone to paint it a bit similar to the other one?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• It's a heater runs on diesel and 12 or 24 volt, truck drivers have them in thier cabs and most motohomes have them.
    I use a Propex heater in my van.

Bloody planet trashers.....what's wrong with a good old wood burner......:pp

• So its started... I just spent 3 days ripping the innards out of GyroLady's truck.:D

It felt better in there after I had Prodigy ("Fuck them and their law"...) and levellers going full blast as I ripped the cell doors off...:reddevil::rockon:

These things are seriously well built... 18mm ply for the cell walls & doors, covered with plastic coated steel sheet. Ally U channel or angle round everything, a 2"X1" box section steel frame in front of the cell doors and steel plates & 3 locks on the cell doors... Oh and over 1000 pop rivets, over 500 self tapping screws and around 150 bolts...

Anyway, 'tis now an empty truck with a large pile of useful tat stacked outside:)

• Does that mean "What a nice pram"?
    Giggles

Pmsl.....Now where have i heard that before ;)
    Im loving the cells:p
    one for each child...
    segregation could work well when their squabblin :D

• Hello everyone. I've just joined your site. :waves:

Good choice on the prison van ! As Bikebodger says,these things are SERIOUSLY well built ! I think you'll find that if you try to cut any further holes in the outside walls,you will encounter hardened steel flat bars,set into the timber panels !! I had an ex Harrods truck that was built like that ! It knackered the bodyshops diamond blade circular saw....3 times ! :eek:.. Anyhow,that should last forever !

That's only a baby compared to my beast ! Wanna see it ?? (If you do,I'll start a new thread. :D

• Always love to see someone's truck/bus. Welcome to a bunch of lovely friendly nutters.

The truck I'm moving out of is the one in my avatar, 11years and it was the winter to either do a lot of work or put the energy into another one. Happily a new person for the Merc has already come along.

Don't know yet if the prison van is a "forever" truck or if it's just done well in getting me out of the Merc. We'll see.

Unfortunately, I have to board over the checkerplate as it slopes down towards the middle of the truck. and I agree with Bikebodger, much better vibe in there now. Partying planned this weekend. Need to make sure I can make tea in there I think. :clap:

We are off to look at a big beestie for the kids area tomorrow morning I'll post photos if we come back with it. We're all letching at it.

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well" Mother Julian of Norwich

• Oooh, sounds exciting! What big beastie?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain