Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hiya, Promised I'd post the photo of the new bus. Lots of internal work to do!
    Drives great though.
    And fingers crossed that this has posted OK.
    More later.
    :waves:

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well" Mother Julian of Norwich

• She's a beauty!!!!

"We come in peace" they said, to dig and sow we come to work the lands in common and to make the wastegrounds grow this earth divided, we will make whole so it will be a common treasury for all.

• She's a beauty!!!!

no its not.....its fuckin ugly!!!

thats even uglier than helens truck!

but am sure it'll be wikkid inside and looks like its totally ideal for what you want!

and i just noticed the reg. this truck, the landy and the suki are all turning 21 this year......are we gonna throw them a joint party? suki's birthday is 11th april.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

The post was edited 1 time, last by stardust ().

• Wikkid - looks like one of those military things they use to go charging over the mountains in the snow.........

• Its different ;)
    Whats inside like or going to be like ,
    are you doing it yaself ?

looking forward to watching it progress.
    congrats on your new home :hug:

• love it!
    have lots of fun doing it out!
    x

Only after the last tree has been cut down, Only after the last river has been poisoned, Only after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

• I recon its an prison van

it is!!

i reakon its gonna be fuckin awesome and you'll have a great time in it!

just a pity its such an ugly fucker!

you got a name for it yet?

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• oooooooh, we could paint it bright green (with or without the owners permission!!!:whistle:)

• not ugly????

it looks like a brick!

• very true!

:D

• oooo!!! just seen this!!! wheres the other bus gawn? I will miss not seein it and goin yay!!! theres amanda!!! with tons of poles on top!!!

• I suggest midnight blue with a blue beacon(i`ve got a spare blue beacon)Could have wonderful fun with that.:D

i was thinking that!

n she sold the other one to a mate who's a wikkid guy an is gonna look after it properly so is all good!

• It does not look like a brick - its got rounded corners where Helen's has right angles!

Yup, I'm chuffed with her. Tried to post last night and lost the lot unfortunately, so starting again.

Ok, so...... Yes, she's an ex prison bus, from Leicestershire (so no hills), Ford-Iveco with a 6.2 engine and 74,000 on the clock. The chassis is reasonably good, with new tyres and seems to be watertight (fingers crossed). Does need one brake pipe replacing though. Oh. and Power Steering. Also an Eberspacher

Needs quite a bit of work on the inside as it's still kitted out with 12 cells and a locking door from the cab to the back. Plus side, we have loads of angled metal, piano hinges and 12 matched chubb locks!

Was trying to post a picture of the inside but I'm on a really slow connection so can't.

Not convinced about calling her Shrek!. surely Shrek is green and I won't have a green bus (and Stardust I heard that - don't forget Bella would have new paint, and you don't want to have to worry about paintbrushes in the dark do you?!?:whistle:)

Funnily enough, my trucks/ buses have not usually had names, Jerry sounded closest.

Fairygirl, don't worry, you will still be able to spot my bus. It will be painted up too. James the Juggler, who's bought the Merc wants to repaint it and then, I believe, signwrite it. Which means I can keep my landscape style.

It's great because it can stay as a Showman's Vehicle - He needs a bigger one for him and his son (who is the same age as Will was when I started to convert the Merc). Plus, he is a trapeze artist, so has the right muscles for the lack of power steering.

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well" Mother Julian of Norwich

• ooo! power steerin and eberspacher!! how posh are you!!! pleased I'll still be able to spot you though dead chuffed you got a new home:D