What did you have for dinner? [omni]

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• This is a typical burger night at Miss Phoenix_bunny's house.

She's gonna kill me, that'll teach her to leave me unattended in her thread.

• This is a typical burger night at Miss Phoenix_bunny's house.

She's gonna kill me, that'll teach her to leave me unattended in her thread.

pmsl .... that's too funny. i'll have you know i cook a mean knitted burger. :pp

yes, tonight I tried that beef casserole Sainsbury's keeps going on about for under a fiver. it was really quite yummy and will definitely be making it again. served up with some crusty buttered baguette.

• Eww my dad used to eat them and tripe what do the trotters taste like?

Sort of like lots of bones with great hunks of fat and gristle and skin on them....cor they took some chewing I can tell you.......:rolleyes:

Tasty though...........

If you like that kind of thing.........

• Sort of like lots of bones with great hunks of fat and gristle and skin on them....cor they took some chewing I can tell you.......:rolleyes:

Tasty though...........

If you like that kind of thing.........

Lol :eek: I think I will pass !

• Lol :eek: I think I will pass !

But I only got them because the farm shop didn't have any grey squirrels in the chill cabinet otherwise I'd have casseroled one of them.......:thumbup:

• leftover night tonight ... had a big bowl of left over sloppy joe mix from the other night, so heating that up to serve on buns, and made some fresh cajun spiced potato wedges. should be yummy. and ultimately a bit of a 'lazy cook' night. ;)

• had Lulu62uk and her partner for dinner tonight ... well wait, we didn't eat them, they were guests for dinner, i should say ... i'm omnivorous, but not THAT omnivorous :p

i made my meatloaf recipe, with cajun potato wedges, boiled carrots, corgette, and marrowfat peas for the picky hubby :D

was very yummy, if i do say so myself. ;)

• Home made leek and potato soup.....added to that were some chunks of pigs shin that I'd boiled and chopped up.......:eek:

• Homemade chicken soup with dumplings mmmmmm

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• a roast chicken with rosemary and sage seasoning, rosemary and thyme seasoned roast potatoes, corgette, roast carrots, and homemade yorkshire puddings (though tonight they were out of the freezer from a batch i made last week)

• oops forgot about last night :o

was a lazy cook night, got a little pie from the shop and ate that with some potato wedges ... i've realized doing this thread, that i eat way too many potatoes (mainly because i know it's something hubby will eat) so i'm now on a mission to try to diversify what sides i put with what i make, even if i still end up making some spuds for the DH.

• Tonight is toad in the hole, with onion gravy (all except the sausages made from scratch, no bisto thank ye very much :D ).

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Tonight is toad in the hole, with onion gravy (all except the sausages made from scratch, no bisto thank ye very much :D ).

I've taken only since Christmas to making all my gravy from scratch .. well apart from the other night, as was running a bit behind schedule. It really tastes soo much better than bisto gravy. :D

• I've taken only since Christmas to making all my gravy from scratch .. well apart from the other night, as was running a bit behind schedule. It really tastes soo much better than bisto gravy. :D

Its one thing I'm not so good at cooking at, but Scar has a real knack for it :D