bellabus update

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• i went up to see bella today.

theres good and bad news. the back side window is shattered into very small pieces which i hadnt noticed before, but looks like one tap and all the glass will fall out. i picked up the drivers side windscreen wiper and the blade has just turned into a weird black powdery stuff.

the good news though is that i got her out of gear so the odds are that there isnt any mechanical damage done.

got no idea how we're gonna get the tow strap off coz the only way they could attatch it was by tying it on so now it's to tight to remove. the bumper is all bent up with splintered pieces of wood hanging down from being dragged.

mostly its all good news tho, on the grounds that it can all be fixed!

the insurance guy is coming out this week and the garage guy (after laughing at me for needing a second respray) is gonna wait to see what the insurance guy sez then probably arrange for a tow truck to take her in coz i dont really want to drive her until all the tires have been thoroughly inspected (she was dragged a really long way with all her wheels locked up)

so mostly all is good and i'll keep you updated on her progress as she turns back into her normal beautiful self!!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• hiya stardust ive missed summit whats happened with bella last i knew you was asking about laying her up?:confused:

oh yeah, i meant to put a link for people who missed it

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• innit.

might take a bit more than a wash tho. she's gonna need the whole entire side resprayed. you cant see in the pikkies, but the bodywork is all bubbled and the paint has run everywhere. she looks a bit like the surface of the moon! probably respraying from the rear lights to the front windscreen wipers should get it all.

they (paint guys) gonna love me aswell, coz the roofs gonna need redoing!

• :D:D..hit him stardust innit:angel:

done! :D

seems that the inside has escaped completely. i havent been to the backs of the cupboards backing onto the burnt bit, and haven't tested out the electrical equipment in the cupboard backing onto it yet tho. my amp was also right on the other side of the flames, but so was the fuel tank, n if that didnt blow up i cant imagine the amp would have been that damaged. the ally panels aren't warped, so she wasn't in the actual flames for very long.

and she doesn't smell of dirty hippie, she smells just like a bus should........nag champa and wood smoke!!

• and she doesn't smell of dirty hippie, she smells just like a bus should........nag champa and wood smoke!!

i said she doesnt smell dirty, not that she doesnt smell of hippies!!! :p

• done! :D

seems that the inside has escaped completely. i havent been to the backs of the cupboards backing onto the burnt bit, and haven't tested out the electrical equipment in the cupboard backing onto it yet tho. my amp was also right on the other side of the flames, but so was the fuel tank, n if that didnt blow up i cant imagine the amp would have been that damaged. the ally panels aren't warped, so she wasn't in the actual flames for very long.

and she doesn't smell of dirty hippie, she smells just like a bus should........nag champa and wood smoke!!

fingers crossed for ya.:hug:

• fingers crossed for ya.:hug:

its just stuff tho innit?

the only stuff in there that i'd have been really upset about not being able to replace would have been my diaries and my cuddly toys that i've had since i was really little.

if the electrical stuff dont work i might be able to claim it on insurance anyway coz its registered as a motorhome therefore its expected to have stuff like that in it.

• aw! so glad u gettin it sorted claire, and like you say, is just stuff, glad it not too bad though :-)
    sorry meant to reply to thread the other day bout it bein rescdued but aint bin online much, glad you and bella survived! see you in devon? big hugxxxx

• the insurance guy just phoned and said "what did you do to it this time??"

which means its the same guy coming out to look at her as last time. he really likes her and appreciates the value of a rare classic vehicle and doesn't think shes just a hippie wagon! so its all good.

he's coming out to see her on wednesday at 10am ish so i'll hopefully get her into the garage in the next week or so! :woohoo:

• Hope it goes well

sooo the big question, if they will pay for a total respray, will you go back to the old colours or stick with the new?

• tbh, as over half the bodywork is fine i reakon the garage will really protest if i ask them to do anything to unneccessary!!

• it was necessary!!

police dont pay me half as much attention now!!